Apologies to CrazyCowboy accepted... thanks

DA FAN

Reaction score
I love ROMO and I'm on the bandwagon, but like most, I will wait until he brings us a couple of trophies...

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
TheSkaven;1760775 said:
I love Romo, but I maintain that I am not ready to have this discussion until Romo has won his first Superbowl title. I am ready to proclaim that he's better than Danny White! Does that help? :)

Nah, danny could punt, haven't seen smiley do that yet.

1. Troy, reasoning? Three Rings

2. Roger, Two Rings

3. Danny, played QB and doubled as punter. Simply didn't have the supporting cast Roger and Troy did.

4. Dandy Don

5. Romo. Please prove me wrong.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1760695 said:
Which of you ZONERS are ready to apologize?

Honestly the only apology should be you apologizing to Aikman and Staubach for your premature annointing of Romo.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Let's win a Playoff Game before we even think about having this type of discussion.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
smarta5150;1760708 said:
Lets put the anointing oil away... still ways to go :cool:

thats a good saying, did you make it up ?

;)

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1760704 said:
He's very good but he's still no Aikman or Staubach.

This is why they call him Crazy.

How can you compare Romo to Roger or Aikman right now? That's insane. I don't care about numbers. Let him keep doing this over 10 years and get a few rings and get enshrined.

THEN talk about being the best QB. Right now that little Romo bucket CC is carrying around is full of holes and won't hold anything.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I posted ROMO is potentially the BEST QB the Cowboys ever had to include Roger and Troy--only a hand full of Zoners agreed with me.

We are 8-1 because of ROMO!

I still LOVE those of you ZONERS who still REFUSE to jump on the ROMO express! :cool:

If Romo can win the big game, he can join the fraternity. Otherwise, he can mingle with Jim Kelly, Marino and Fran Tarkenton! ;)

Mansta54

Reaction score
I luv Romo's game, the kid has got "it" but I wanna see some rings before I put him in the Roger, Troy class....

mmohican29

Reaction score
It's too early to say that. But his impact on our franchise is astounding. I was too young to see Roger play... but I will say this: Romo is by FAR the most exciting QB I have EVER seen take the field in ANY uniform.

He plays the position like a point guard in basketball, but with a live wire arm that is capable of making any throw at any time. Some of his throws are absolute laser strikes, while others that look like ducks (ie Curtis) get where they need to go with the speed needed to make the play.... kind of like an alley oop in hoops...

He is just a sick talent, with just enough boneheaded-ness to make you not expect absolute perfection, and therefore become miserably unlikeable. His upbeat attitude and poise are light years from any QB i have ever seen. He is maybe better than Favre in his best years because he is a smarter QB than Brett by leaps and bounds.

I am in awe of Tony- he is pure magic on the grid-iron.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score

I'll go with this vote.

Wait a few years till you put him on the Ring of Honor and drive him to the HOF induction.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1760733 said:
Statistically, on average QBs today are better than QBs in the past, so this isn't exactly surprising. By the end of his career he'll likely hold most of the records. Hell, as we've seen in the other thread today, he'll likely hold most of the records after THIS YEAR. Does that mean he's better (or will be better)? Hard to say.

Regardless, the Super Bowl argument isn't very persuasive. Teams win Super Bowls, not individual players.

I agree with the Super Bowl thing. Marino, Kelly, Moon, Tarkenton, Fouts... none won SB's but I consider them to all be greats.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
I posted ROMO is potentially the BEST QB the Cowboys ever had to include Roger and Troy--only a hand full of Zoners agreed with me.

I still LOVE those of you ZONERS who still REFUSE to jump on the ROMO express! :cool:

Romo's great but hes still not aikman.. lets give that a couple more years!!

zeromaster

Reaction score

I have no problem acknowledging the potential.

But let's get through the season, shall we? Let's get to Arizona as the NFC representative, ok?

I'm firmly a Romo backer, but I don't have to be saying he's better than Cowboys' QBs that have already won rings. The league is littered with statistical marvels (eg., Marino) that didn't take the final step. Let's enjoy getting there for a change, then we can all go crazy for good reason.

What is so wrong with that?

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Your right he is better. He is more exciting and more fun to watch. He is always happy and energetic. He is a natural leader and has better numbers in his first two seasons then any other QB we have ever had. Sorry boys but I see Romo with 4 or more rings before he calls it quits. I still love ya Troy but it's true.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1761397 said:
Your right he is better. He is more exciting and more fun to watch. He is always happy and energetic. He is a natural leader and has better numbers in his first two seasons then any other QB we have ever had. Sorry boys but I see Romo with 4 or more rings before he calls it quits. I still love ya Troy but it's true.

Are you serious? like i said i love romo but hes not Aikman yet!!

How many rings does Aikman have?? thanks

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1760722 said:
Until he wins some SB's he can not be considered the greatest...Sorry CC

I hope you hold the same standard for Marino :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;1761453 said:
I hope you hold the same standard for Marino :)

Well anyone saying a player isn't great unless they win a championship is sorta... not thinking. :)

Ted Willams and Ernie Banks were both great players.

You can find guys like that in every sport who truly were great but for one reason or another didn't get a ring.

EndGame

Reaction score
He's putting up great stats and, more importantly, wins. However, Roger and Troy put up a lot of wins in their careers as well. And, they won Super Bowls, which Tony hasn't done yet. The thing to bear in mind about the stats is that Romo plays on a different type of team than we've ever seen in Dallas. I don't recall a Cowboys squad or coaching staff that was this pass happy *and* had a QB to go with the inclination. If Romo keeps up the current pace or even one slightly below it, he is going to break a lot of records, but I'm not sure that will make him the best Dallas QB evar.