Apparently Jordan Love is the only one who can dethrone Dak's TD lead

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
"A clutch gene late in games"... lol

Hey, you can use all the warm and fuzzy interviews
you want.

You believe whatever you want. It doesn't make you right.
Clearly, you only come here to start internet fights.
Dak led the team from behind for the win last week against the Lions. Our Defense almost gave the game away at the very end.

Dak led the team for the lead late in the 4th 2 weeks ago against the Dolphins. It was our Defense who once again gave up a losing FG to the Dolphins at the very end.

The week before against the Bills, the whole team did not show up to play in the extreme cold and rain.

The 5 games before, Dak led the team to 5 straight victories.

I could go on, but your stubborn head refuses to acknowledge the facts around here. Clearly, you know squat about football.

Last edited:

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Very simple answer...

Mahomes and those previous high scoring teams in recent years no longer have the amount and quality of weapons they previously had.
Combination of FA not allowing teams to keep players. Injuries and defenses catching up imo.

To be honest, this has been one of the worst NFL seasons' in quite some time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The only thing that matters is the Cowboys winning on Sunday. Do that and the passing TD record will take care of itself.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
TD leaders

1. Dak - 32
2. Purdy - 31
3. Love - 30
4. Goff - 28
4. Mayfield - 28
4. Tua - 28

Can't imagine Goff, Mayfield, and Tua possibly getting enough to overturn Dak. Purdy is not playing. Leaving Love the only possible candidate.

On this board, people like to accuse users of bloviating Dak. Just for clarification I'm not. I'm not suggesting his TD record is the most important thing. Just thought it'd be cool if he gets the record, which likely means we beat Washington.
I can't be the only one looking at this and thinking just how terrible of a season this has been for passing TD's in a league where all the rules favor the passing game and we have 17 games in a season. And no, that's not a knock on Dak at all, he's leading the pack and playing great ball, it's just weird to see these TD totals this low.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look as much as this is supposed to be interesting I don't care about any records for any of our players I don't care about stats and who leads what I don't care about the rankings I don't care who you play in the playoffs we just need to come in and play well this is our year I know people say that Cowboys fans say that every year but that's not what most of us say every year most of us are wondering what's gonna happen in the playoffs and what we need to do is get this number two seed get a couple of home games and get on a run... This will be the first time in a very long time we have a home game in the playoffs if we beat Washington which we should because if we don't that's pretty sad...

Right now I bet the players are thinking the same thing I don't think Prescott gives a care about leading the league in anything and neither do I I don't think he needs to be propped up most of us here that supported Prescott knew this all along it's not even his best year everyone's saying he's having his best year yes it is one of his best years but he's played great most years he just don't get any kind of love for it he's always being pushed down by some of our own fan base by the national media we all knew he doesn't throw a lot of interceptions and we all knew he has the ability like in 2021 to have 37 touchdowns and 10 interceptions that's who he is the biggest difference this year is he's doing it with less of a run game in his offensive line in disarray you know being one-dimensional but we're gonna need this team to step up when it counts the most I don't care about these accolades...

FloridaRob

Reaction score
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_year_by_year.htm

Look at the names on this list. Dak would be in very good company if he gets there. Jordon Love has no business on this list.
LOL, and why not. His 1st year as starter he has surpassed Aaron Rodgers 1st year starter stats and wins, surpassed Tom Bradys first year as starter, Drews Brees first year starter stats, Brett favre 1st year stats, and even Dak Prescotts 1st year. His name most defintely belongs on that list. And he is not throwing to Jamar Chase, Ceedee Lamb, Deebo Samuel, Tyreek Hill, Jaylan Waddle or a number of other big time receivers. Please tell me whose stats are more impressive with what he has had to work with. Oh yea, He has Bo Melton and Malik Heath and an injured Christian Watson who has played about 8 games. Please....

Flamma

Reaction score
LOL, and why not. His 1st year as starter he has surpassed Aaron Rodgers 1st year starter stats and wins, surpassed Tom Bradys first year as starter, Drews Brees first year starter stats, Brett favre 1st year stats, and even Dak Prescotts 1st year. His name most defintely belongs on that list. And he is not throwing to Jamar Chase, Ceedee Lamb, Deebo Samuel, Tyreek Hill, Jaylan Waddle or a number of other big time receivers. Please tell me whose stats are more impressive with what he has had to work with. Oh yea, He has Bo Melton and Malik Heath and an injured Christian Watson who has played about 8 games. Please....
First year starter stats are interesting to look at, but meaningless at the same time. Some QBs first year were on terrible teams. It's also not common to go down that list and say, wait, who the hell is that?

He's having a good year in a down season for TD passes. A lot of QBs are either out for the season or multiple games. It's no surprise that the top 5 are QBs that played every game. Hell, Goff and Baker Mayfield are in the top 5 for TD passes.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
First year starter stats are interesting to look at, but meaningless at the same time. Some QBs first year were on terrible teams. It's also not common to go down that list and say, wait, who the hell is that?

He's having a good year in a down season for TD passes. A lot of QBs are either out for the season or multiple games. It's no surprise that the top 5 are QBs that played every game. Hell, Goff and Baker Mayfield are in the top 5 for TD passes.
Please explain why a starters 1st year stats are meaningless. What Qb threw 30 TDs on terrible teams their 1st year as starters. Jordan Love is the 6th fastest QB to 30 TDs in the history of the game. Again, pretty impressive. Goff and Baker are in the top five and should be in the top 5. They also have two top WRs in Amron St Brown and Mike Evans. Again, whose stats are more impressive. The guy throwing to Bo Melton or the guys throwing to St Brown, Evans, Lamb and Deebo.

Flamma

Reaction score
Please explain why a starters 1st year stats are meaningless. What Qb threw 30 TDs on terrible teams their 1st year as starters. Jordan Love is the 6th fastest QB to 30 TDs in the history of the game. Again, pretty impressive. Goff and Baker are in the top five and should be in the top 5. They also have two top WRs in Amron St Brown and Mike Evans. Again, whose stats are more impressive. The guy throwing to Bo Melton or the guys throwing to St Brown, Evans, Lamb and Deebo.
First year stats don't matter because there are too many variables at play to even consider a comparison. But I don't deny that he is having a very good year, and he doesn't have Hill and Waddle to throw to. What's more impressive is that he's doing it after having a bad start. I do see this.

Starrlord

Reaction score
First year stats don't matter because there are too many variables at play to even consider a comparison. But I don't deny that he is having a very good year, and he doesn't have Hill and Waddle to throw to. What's more impressive is that he's doing it after having a bad start. I do see this.
That doesnt make sense, there are variables on every NFL season, not just a QBs first year as starter.

Love is off to a historically good start to his career. The only QB in history i can think of that had a better first year starting was Mahomes. Jordan Love is statistically a top 4 QB this season, only Dak, Purdy, and Jackson have been better this season.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just like to troll sometimes. Sorry
Ha! I gave you the benefit of a doubt and assumed you meant that you wanted Green Bay to win their game over the Bears and thus help towards making them our first opponent.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
"Maybe Lance can win the job next year” - Direct Nav22 quote after the San Fran game. Can be found on the "Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Cowboys QB" poll that he voted "NO" in.

Draft a QB!

Lets trade Micah and draft Caleb Williams!

Or Drake Mayne

Wish we could move up to draft Dak's replacement.

That's the thing about flip floppers, Nav. They always get caught up.
Ouch

Flamma

Reaction score
That doesnt make sense, there are variables on every NFL season, not just a QBs first year as starter.

Love is off to a historically good start to his career. The only QB in history i can think of that had a better first year starting was Mahomes. Jordan Love is statistically a top 4 QB this season, only Dak, Purdy, and Jackson have been better this season.
RGIII had a really good first year too, right? Despite his good year, I think most fans would rather see Green Bay in the playoffs over Seattle or the Rams. Lets see how he progresses over the next few years.

Starrlord

Reaction score
RGIII had a really good first year too, right? Despite his good year, I think most fans would rather see Green Bay in the playoffs over Seattle or the Rams. Lets see how he progresses over the next few years.
RG3 didnt have nearly as good of a season as Love. I do understand why some would be willing to take their chances on the younger, unproven QB and the youngest most inexperienced team in the league.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I think Jordan Loves’ success is due more to Matt LaFluer as opposed to him. Despite the stats, dude is inconsistent.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Brady had 40, 43, and 50 TD's
Brees has 46 and 43
Peyton had a 49 and a 55

So while these are the greats of the Game don't act like they just went out there and trew td's. Because that's Bovine Scat

ArtClink

Reaction score
Dak currently leads the NFL in TD passes 30 something w only 8 ints. If Dak has a good gm Sunday, he will have finish with more TD passes than all other QBs this season.

Surprisingly, a Cowboys QB has never had that distinction.

Here’s to Dak setting a new Cowboys franchise record!!