Aquiring Russell Wilson would electrify the Cowboys fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lee, IMO the Cowboys have many more roster holes than QB. They could bring in several QBs next year who wouldn‘t fare much better than Dak. I wouldn’t mind moving on from Dak at all if the next QB was either better or had a strong chance of being that but with all the other roster holes this team has makes one QB move less than enough.

The reason all NFL starting QBs are so grossly overpaid is finding even a decent starter is extremely difficult. Again, we all want better QB play in the playoffs where Dak has not played well at all in 5 of his 7 playoff games. But in the regular season he has been better than most. I would be ok moving on if we had a better scenario but as of right now we don’t.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't troll. You guys lie and claim that anyone who doesn't worship Dak is a troll.
Wilson is not done. Sean Payton has an ego problem, especially after giving up 70 points to the Dolphins last year.
Wilson is a proven winner, and with McCarthy he could excel.
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. No one in their right mind would take Russ over Dak. Maybe 5 years ago. When a team gets rid of a player especially a quarterback trust them. Trust they know what they are talking about. When Pete trades Russ that was a sign.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
he’s not washed up. he needs a good center/guard and a running game. he’d be good in dallas we have those things. he has an ego jerry will love. but coaches will not.
He’s washed up

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Cowboys sell the most merchandise and have 90k at each game. Wilson doesn't move the needle one way or the other.

He also wouldn't come here to be a backup. Dak has his faults, but I certainly don't want to see a top 10 ish QB replaced by a guy who will be 36 and cooked.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
And for the first time in 17 years, a Super Bowl would be possible. Wilson is a proven winner, and doesn't choke. Jerry could re-instill confidence from the fan base and turn heads across the NFL.
I don't know the in's and outs of free agency, but if Jerry could get Wilson, the Cowboys would be back in business.
I would take Dak over him any day of the week. And, for that matter, I don't think he's better than Purdy, Love, Hurts. Is he even better than Geno Smith?

This team needs many upgrades to win a SB. Wilson is not one of them.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lee, IMO the Cowboys have many more roster holes than QB. They could bring in several QBs next year who wouldn‘t fare much better than Dak. I wouldn’t mind moving on from Dak at all if the next QB was either better or had a strong chance of being that but with all the other roster holes this team has makes one QB move less than enough.

The reason all NFL starting QBs are so grossly overpaid is finding even a decent starter is extremely difficult. Again, we all want better QB play in the playoffs where Dak has not played well at all in 5 of his 7 playoff games. But in the regular season he has been better than most. I would be ok moving on if we had a better scenario but as of right now we don’t.
If we fix some things, maybe we wouldn't have to lean on Dak so much...especially trying to come back on good teams.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
And for the first time in 17 years, a Super Bowl would be possible. Wilson is a proven winner, and doesn't choke. Jerry could re-instill confidence from the fan base and turn heads across the NFL.
I don't know the in's and outs of free agency, but if Jerry could get Wilson, the Cowboys would be back in business.
that is a horrible take and definitely has to be sarcasm

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’m cool with looking at better options than Dak, but the key word there is better. At this point Russ is pretty mid and going into his age 36 season the odds of him getting better are slim. He’s a much better fit for a team like Atlanta or Pittsburgh where he actually improves the qb position.

Status
Not open for further replies.