Aquiring Russell Wilson would electrify the Cowboys fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adreme

Reaction score
And for the first time in 17 years, a Super Bowl would be possible. Wilson is a proven winner, and doesn't choke. Jerry could re-instill confidence from the fan base and turn heads across the NFL.
I don't know the in's and outs of free agency, but if Jerry could get Wilson, the Cowboys would be back in business.
Dude is completely washed up and has been for a couple years now. If you watched the Broncos he looked like he was one of the 5 worst QBs in football (of the starting QBs). Dude has been awful for 2 years now and was trending downward his last year in Seattle. There is nothing in the tank and it just emphasizes more how winning is a team stat not an individual one. When he was "winning" it was because the Legion of Boom was basically one of the most dominant units in league history and the offense was the Marshawn Lynch show. Wilson simply is not what he once was and what he once was would still not have been an upgrade.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
its-time-to-stop-stop.gif

eromeopolk

Reaction score
And for the first time in 17 years, a Super Bowl would be possible. Wilson is a proven winner, and doesn't choke. Jerry could re-instill confidence from the fan base and turn heads across the NFL.
I don't know the in's and outs of free agency, but if Jerry could get Wilson, the Cowboys would be back in business.
The QB position does not tackle RBs from the opposing team, and pressure opposing QBs up the middle.

leeblair

Reaction score
No,
The QB position does not tackle RBs from the opposing team, and pressure opposing QBs up the middle.
But he keeps his offense on the field and helps his team by producing points and at least changing field position.

starfan1

Reaction score
Every time I think you are beyond the craziness of your previous posting genius you amaze me with yet another gem

Acquiring Wilson would tick off the fan base. At least those with reasonable football acumen

Hadenough

Reaction score
Russell Wilson isnt the player he use to be. But that being said I still think he would give Dallas a better chance in a playoff game than Dak. Dak turns into a pumpkin when he faces a good team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what Russell could do on a better team or at least fringe playoff team.

It was a huge risk for Denver who wasn’t fringe playoff caliber or just a QB away. Someone like Pittsburgh might be better suited.

I’m not sure he’s an upgrade here. Typical for some fans to think cause he was on a championship team that elevates into some kind of Elite category . He was or is a good Franchise QB but not Elite.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
According to the OP (and others), that only happens if the QB properly motivates them. It’s NOT their jobs to keep the team in the game if the offense is struggling. Now, they DID do that in SF in last year’s playoff game. But, too many times we’ve seen this D get punched in the mouth on the opening drive against the better teams (I mean the Cards even punched them in the mouth the very first drive), and not necessarily recover from that. But, again, that’s apparently all on Dak…

JeffInDC

Reaction score
No,

But he keeps his offense on the field and helps his team by producing points and at least changing field position.
Ok then…what exactly is the job of the defense in your opinion? Because, it sounds like you’re giving them quite a few excuses for NOT doing their jobs. I mean, wasn’t this supposed to be the best Cowboys D in decades?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:lmao:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Hahaha

Kwyn

Reaction score
Come on. Wilson is not even remotely “electrifying” at this point in his career. There’s little interest in him even from teams with no QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
:laugh: :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.