Aquiring Russell Wilson would electrify the Cowboys fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickccc

Reaction score
Omg . Sean Payton washed his hands what makes you think MM gets the light bulb turned on .
MM is a passive lame duck season HC now .. and not the immediate investment that HC Payton is in Denver.

It's not about MM... but more so about the Jones management on QBs.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
No,

But he keeps his offense on the field and helps his team by producing points and at least changing field position.
Offense scores points, Running wins games, and defense wins Championships. You just saw KC take the best QB in the NFL to run to win, and SF got to the Super Bowl Running to win. Who won the Super Bowl? The team with the defense to win Championships because the 49ers HC forgot again to run to win the game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And for the first time in 17 years, a Super Bowl would be possible. Wilson is a proven winner, and doesn't choke. Jerry could re-instill confidence from the fan base and turn heads across the NFL.
I don't know the in's and outs of free agency, but if Jerry could get Wilson, the Cowboys would be back in business.

Absolutely not.

Cooper Rush is better at this point.

heir

Reaction score
And for the first time in 17 years, a Super Bowl would be possible. Wilson is a proven winner, and doesn't choke. Jerry could re-instill confidence from the fan base and turn heads across the NFL.
I don't know the in's and outs of free agency, but if Jerry could get Wilson, the Cowboys would be back in business.
Lol, no

leeblair

Reaction score
He’s washed up
Washed up? He had to play in Seattle needing to rebuild, and then the circus in Denver.
Sean Payton is washed up, and he will be gone when Denver gets tired of his ego.

leeblair

Reaction score
Lee, IMO the Cowboys have many more roster holes than QB. They could bring in several QBs next year who wouldn‘t fare much better than Dak. I wouldn’t mind moving on from Dak at all if the next QB was either better or had a strong chance of being that but with all the other roster holes this team has makes one QB move less than enough.

The reason all NFL starting QBs are so grossly overpaid is finding even a decent starter is extremely difficult. Again, we all want better QB play in the playoffs where Dak has not played well at all in 5 of his 7 playoff games. But in the regular season he has been better than most. I would be ok moving on if we had a better scenario but as of right now we don’t.
Dak is the main reason the Cowboys have struggled. That must be addressed before anything else can show dividends.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Acquiring Russell Wilson would electrify the Cowboys fan base? Yeah, it would be like being fried on the electric chair. lol Russell Wilson is practically done but you have fans that can’t stop living in the past with him. He’s coming off 3 consecutive losing seasons and is being dumped for the second time in 2 years. He was in decline in Seattle which is why they moved on. He was a mega flop in Denver, resulting in one of the worst trades ever. I can still see Sean Peyton yelling at Wilson on the sidelines after he screwed up last season. Peyton has had enough of Wilson.

Even when Wilson was winning in Seattle he had one of the all-time great defenses, the Legion of Boom and a Hall of Fame back. He didn’t have to put up big numbers. Once his defense wasn’t as good and he didn’t have a great running game, Seattle stopped having success. A fan would really have to hate Dak to want him replaced by a declining Russell Wilson. One of Dak’s playoff wins was against Wilson. It’s laughable how many Cowboys fans are touting Wilson as the answer for getting the Cowboys over the hump. :facepalm:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
According to the OP (and others), that only happens if the QB properly motivates them. It’s NOT their jobs to keep the team in the game if the offense is struggling. Now, they DID do that in SF in last year’s playoff game. But, too many times we’ve seen this D get punched in the mouth on the opening drive against the better teams (I mean the Cards even punched them in the mouth the very first drive), and not necessarily recover from that. But, again, that’s apparently all on Dak…
Yep. This is not rocket science for a defense philosophy...STOP THE RUN TO RUSH THE PASSER. that Quinn stupid philosophy of rushing the passer to stop run got the results of a Super Bowl lost in Atlanta and early playoff exists in Arlington.

Don't forget the Bears punching them in the mouth. Thank God their coach was dumber than the big Blue M&M.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m sure Denver thought the same thing when they made that trade. :laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lee, IMO the Cowboys have many more roster holes than QB. They could bring in several QBs next year who wouldn‘t fare much better than Dak. I wouldn’t mind moving on from Dak at all if the next QB was either better or had a strong chance of being that but with all the other roster holes this team has makes one QB move less than enough.

The reason all NFL starting QBs are so grossly overpaid is finding even a decent starter is extremely difficult. Again, we all want better QB play in the playoffs where Dak has not played well at all in 5 of his 7 playoff games. But in the regular season he has been better than most. I would be ok moving on if we had a better scenario but as of right now we don’t.
I agree with most. But he wasn’t as bad in all of his playoff losses. In 2016 he played well enough to win that game . Our defense gave up a ridiculous 3rd and 20 to Rodgers which set up their upset win.

And in 2018 the Rams were decidedly a better team who went to SB . They gashed our defense for over 200 yards rushing. Dak wasn’t horrible and reason we lost.

And both SF losses they were arguably the better team. Yea, we had a shot to win both and Dak came up short. But I wouldn’t say a choke job. Frustrating of course .

This Packers loss was really only one where he totally crapped the bed . And we were prohibited favorites . Horrible loss and performance . Total choke job.

I’m not a Dakky and I’m fine with moving on as well. I was for moving on 5 years ago . But Dak hasn’t played this poorly in all of our playoff losses. As matter of fact I’d argue with the type of teams he had those seasons I doubt we would have been in the games without him.

Now could someone else of greater talent taken us further , sure but until we have that person on our roster not much we can do as fans . Last time we had someone I’d bench Dak for was Romo. Maybe Wilson would be an upgrade , but it’s probably marginal at best this late in his career. There are some teams out there he would be an upgrade.

I know you know but this is for everyone else to see as well who blame Dak for every playoff loss. Sure we’d all like more but until Jethro drafts and begins developing higher drafted QB’s we are going to be in this predicament. And then he over hypes his decision . It’s a vicious cycle .

But without Romo and Dak this era regardless if they weren’t Elite we’d of had a much more bottom feeder era waiting on us to find the next great QB. Remember everyone the top Qb we drafted this era in Quincy Jones and two others we considered in Manziel and Lynch.

We don’t have to be Dak supporters to shoot down or at least challenge this ridiculous posture by a segment of fans who have always opposed or bashed Dak mainly cause our team hasn’t had more success in the playoffs.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Sounds like another one of those "anybody but Dak!!!" desperation pleas.

It's okay to want more in the playoffs from Dak (and the rest of the Cowboys). But suggesting somebody even worse- and that's what Wilson is right now- just sounds like pushing an agenda.

Might as well see what you have in Lance before trying Wilson and hoping it can be 2012 again.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
From someone who lives in Seattle and has to constantly hear about the Seahawks, this is a big NO for me. Russ totally wore out his welcome here. You think fans get mad at Micah for building his brand, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak is the main reason the Cowboys have struggled. That must be addressed before anything else can show dividends.
You couldn’t be more wrong. :facepalm: We’re into the fourth page and no one has liked your OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.