Arch Manning announces highly anticipated commitment

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak and Zeke led the team to a victory against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers in Green Bay back in 2016 when Dak and Zeke were rookies. They would have beaten them in the 2nd round of the playoffs that year if the crooked refs had not helped out the Packers.

The same goes for last year. Week 1, the Cowboys should have won that game at Tampa Bay if the crooked officials had not helped out the Buccaneers. Of course, it didn't help that Greg the leg didn't help by missing a chip shot FG and extra point, but the Cowboys would have still won if it wasn't for the crooked refs.

These Cowboys are definitely good enough. When they beat both the Buccs and Packers this year, don't be jumping on the Cowboys bandwagon.
6 years ago isn’t current trend . And again results matter. Coulda woulda shoulda isn’t getting it done.

You’ve bought into the hype . And I think I know why.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No the Cowboys have not shown they are good enough. Homers talk about divisions, real football fans understand that Lombardi's and contending SERIOUSLY for Lombardi's is what matters.
And we have not sniffed one in over a quarter century. You can throw all the crap on the wall you want but none of it is sticking. Its so called fans like you that Jerry loves. The suckers that keep him going.
Did you ever play football? If so, what position and how well did you perform? Talk is cheap typing behind a computer screen. I want to see if you truly understand the game of football. Only 1 way anyone can truly do that is by having played and excelled at the sport.

If you didn't, you shouldn't be talking.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No the Cowboys have not shown they are good enough. Homers talk about divisions, real football fans understand that Lombardi's and contending SERIOUSLY for Lombardi's is what matters.
And we have not sniffed one in over a quarter century. You can throw all the crap on the wall you want but none of it is sticking. Its so called fans like you that Jerry loves. The suckers that keep him going.
Unfortunately all we have are excuses and these outlandish conspiracy theories officials , etc are stealing the games from us .

I’m not sure why these Homers need to buy into the hype . I guess they need to believe in order to follow and support the team. Instead of just waiting on the results.

They come off like these parents I see at little league games rooting on their kids and yelling at the refs making excuses why their kids and teams haven’t had more success. Lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
6 years ago isn’t current trend . And again results matter. Coulda woulda shoulda isn’t getting it done.

You’ve bought into the hype . And I think I know why.
It's because I see the talent and potential. Easy to see when one has played and excelled at the game of football.

You flute playing band playing geeks are the absolute worst. Hilarious actually.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's because I see the talent and potential. Easy to see when one has played and excelled at the game of football.

You flute playing band playing geeks are the absolute worst. Hilarious actually.
Potential has dead end a lot of players careers who didn’t meet it.

We don’t need to have played a sport competitively to analyze the results. That said there are many great talents which play on lesser teams. And we can evaluate their individual talent separate from the team results.

Critiquing a team’s performance isn’t necessarily talking down on individual players .

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I was First Team Texas All-State at left guard in high school. That’s the honest truth. Do I qualify for this conversation?

If so, I completely agree with the guys that you are arguing against.

It’s 27 years past time for the Cowboys to start winning games that actually matter (playoff divisional round games, conference championship games, and superbowls). Anything before those games do not count for much any more.

It’s put up or shut up time for them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I was First Team Texas All-State at left guard in high school. That’s the honest truth. Do I qualify for this conversation?

If so, I completely agree with the guys that you are arguing against.

It’s 27 years past time for the Cowboys to start winning games that actually matter (playoff divisional round games, conference championship games, and superbowls). Anything before those games do not count for much any more.

It’s put up or shut up time for them.
Yea, this notion you must excel at a sport to provide evaluation or analysis is absurd . Some of the greatest coaches , scouts and GM didn’t excel at the game but yet they developed a knack for the game and eye for talent.

Most likely what we have here is a Homer for a particular player who’s measurement of success is tied to the teams success. Which isn’t necessarily fair as they could perform above or below the teams level.

Fortunately the league and fans do recognize talent even when they aren’t on successful teams .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sad that some have to resort to name calling and personal attacks when the discussion dead ends or becomes frustrating. It only lessens their stance . Like those parents at a little league game .

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yea, this notion you must excel at a sport to provide evaluation or analysis is absurd . Some of the greatest coaches , scouts and GM didn’t excel at the game but yet they developed a knack for the game and eye for talent.

Most likely what we have here is a Homer for a particular player who’s measurement of success is tied to the teams success. Which isn’t necessarily fair as they could perform above or below the teams level.

Fortunately the league and fans do recognize talent even when they aren’t on successful teams .
Quit your crying, Greg. You start with the insults, then cry like a child when one retaliates back. If you can give it, make sure you can take it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sad that some have to resort to name calling and personal attacks when the discussion dead ends or becomes frustrating. It only lessens their stance . Like those parents at a little league game .
There you go again. Go back and reread previous posts. You started with the personal attacks.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

We don’t need to have played a sport competitively to analyze the results. That said there are many great talents which play on lesser teams. And we can evaluate their individual talent separate from the team results.

Critiquing a team’s performance isn’t necessarily talking down on individual players .
What's this conversation have to do with any individual player??? Why even bring that up?

kskboys

Reaction score

Players are actually notoriously bad at analyzing other players. Ask Aikman about Lafleur.

kskboys

Reaction score
Did you ever play football? If so, what position and how well did you perform? Talk is cheap typing behind a computer screen. I want to see if you truly understand the game of football. Only 1 way anyone can truly do that is by having played and excelled at the sport.

If you didn't, you shouldn't be talking.
Just not true.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Players are actually notoriously bad at analyzing other players. Ask Aikman about Lafleur.
What do you think about AC assertion that unless we excelled at football personally we are unable to make evaluations and analysis of football?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just not true.
Yea, we don’t need to be an actor or musician to know if it’s a good performance.

I think most fans who watch as much football as we have for all of our lives can make some decent analysis . Not as well as those in the business perhaps but last time I checked none of the fans here are in the NFL.

I had an uncle who brought me up and influenced my fandom who played. Was recruited by Bear Bryant when he was was at A&M and offered a contract by Vince Lombardi when he was in Green Bay.
Does that count . Lol