Arch Manning

T-RO

Reaction score
We are hyping a quarterback who has yet to win a starting job in college?

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
We are hyping a quarterback who has yet to win a starting job in college?
Well considering his two uncles and grandfather are HOF and #1-#2 overall picks and he has shown the same acumen up to this point. Yeah yeah there is hype. Could it be wrong? I think so but the chances he fails or rather fails completely and won't be a starter in the NFL are really really low.

But sure college is college and a lot of hype stars mega athletes in college fail in the NFL almost always because of two things, injuries or isn't smart enough. Something tells me Arch is going to be smart enough, call it a hunch.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I would want to see how he plays a full season at Texas before answering that.
The limited amount of snaps he's gotten so far has been very impressive.

I would take Quinn Ewers in next year's draft if he's available.
How has he looked impressive? He has only thrown 5 passes in live football action. He went 2 for 5 for 30 yards in garbage time against Texas Tech in 57-7 win.

Hardline

Reaction score
How has he looked impressive? He has only thrown 5 passes in live football action. He went 2 for 5 for 30 yards in garbage time against Texas Tech in 57-7 win.
Have you seen his practices and the Orange-White scrimmage game ?

jujoboys

Reaction score
Have you seen his practices and the Orange-White scrimmage game ?
lol. Practices? I hope you are kidding. So you mean that a guy that doesn’t have a real pass rush coming at him and has receivers open by 20 yards can look good? Let’s see him do it in live game action against Georgia, Alabama, LSU, etc before anointing him. He could be great but I am not going to anoint him based on practices.

Hardline

Reaction score
lol. Practices? I hope you are kidding. So you mean that a guy that doesn’t have a real pass rush coming at him and has receivers open by 20 yards can look good? Let’s see him do it in live game action against Georgia, Alabama, LSU, etc before anointing him. He could be great but I am not going to anoint him based on practices.
The Orange-White scrimmage is full speed game play. He's had a real pass rush come after him.
And we will see him go against Georgia,Alabama and LSU.
I'm not anointing anyone. You have to prove it to me.

jujoboys

Reaction score
The Orange-White scrimmage is full speed game play. He's had a real pass rush come after him.
And we will see him go against Georgia,Alabama and LSU.
I'm not anointing anyone. You have to prove it to me.
The orange white scrimmage isn't even equivalent to a preseason game. They aren't truly trying to knock the socks off of one another and the coaches aren't scheming defenses based on who they are playing and what calls may be made on offense. It's just a glorified practice. No doubt Manning has potential but is way, way too premature to be discussing him as a top pick in the draft and a player that a team should tank for. I remember all of the Chris Simms hype and the mistake Mack Brown made by benching Major Applewhite for that weasel. I'm glad to see the current Texas coach is making Manning earn it. Manning will be better for it in the long run. It would be easy for Sark to just bench Ewers and replace him with Manning based on all of the hype but Sark is doing it the right way. Respect to Arch's father for not pressuring Sark to make the change too.

Btw, I think we are on the same page I just think you are a little more sold on Arch right now. Until I see him do it in real games he is just another Will Grier having a great preseason game to finish his time with Dallas.

gtb1943

Reaction score
IF his name was Arch Smith no one would care much at all. Just because he is a Manning does not mean automatically he is going to be great.
I need to see what he does after a full season in College before I get out the anointing oil

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Got to see him up close at Manning Passing Academy.

Very smooth, confident but not arrogant, can make all the throws.

I can't stand Texas, but they have a good one in Manning and Sarkisian will help him get better.

If Ewers has a misstep in 2025, it's a wrap.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I know this is way, way, way to early to speculate on but would you want the Cowboys to tank the 2025 season to have a shot at Arch Manning?

By hook or by crook I hope the Cowboys do whatever they can to get this young man. Be it tank the season, trade players for top draft picks that can be packaged. Trading all of their draft picks like the Saints did for Ricky Williams.

Great QBs come from Archie Mannings DNA.
4 super bowl wins between Payton and EliWhat know I'm crazy but what do you think?

Odds of this happening are ZERO %.
We may end up tanking this season by accident.

Archie needs to win the starting job in college first.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
The Sanders and Manning love affairs…make zero sense. Especially Arch…
Sanders put together a really solid season last year on a really bad Colorado team. He has that "it" factor, although I'm going to need to see more before proclaiming him the next #1 pick.

We have absolutely no idea what kind of player Manning is. He's still behind Ewers on the depth chart, and we most likely won't see him on the field until the 2025 season. Realistically, we will have one season of film and some practice clips by the time Manning enters the draft. Maybe he lights it up in the SEC and proves he's worth the hype. The fact that he's already being annointed is borderline insanity.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Still surprised he's sticking it out in Texas.
Unless he plans on playing as a senior, he's going to have potentially only 1 full starting year as a CFB QB.
Worked for Burrow.

Mannings are smart, both Eli and Peyton stayed in college for 4 years until they had a season worth being the #1 overall pick. And unlike the other QBs coming out as soon as they can, Arch doesn’t need the money.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sanders put together a really solid season last year on a really bad Colorado team. He has that "it" factor, although I'm going to need to see more before proclaiming him the next #1 pick.

We have absolutely no idea what kind of player Manning is. He's still behind Ewers on the depth chart, and we most likely won't see him on the field until the 2025 season. Realistically, we will have one season of film and some practice clips by the time Manning enters the draft. Maybe he lights it up in the SEC and proves he's worth the hype. The fact that he's already being annointed is borderline insanity.
Didn’t they only win like 3 games?

gtb1943

Reaction score
BP said he wanted a QB that had as many starts as possible in college. so many QBs today see the dollar signs and come out too early. Now I can understand that; every single play a career ending injury can occur. But that is when commons sense and logic should come into play; not dollar signs.

Carter

Reaction score
I thought he was coming out in 2025. My bad.
i guess he comes out in 2026. He probably needs atleast one #1 pick like season and i doubt its gonna happen 24/25 when he is yet to win the starting job.

gtb1943

Reaction score
i guess he comes out in 2026. He probably needs atleast one #1 pick like season and i doubt its gonna happen 24/25 when he is yet to win the starting job.
I think the smart thing for him to do is have at least two full seasons under his belt.
The cynic in me thinks he wants just one so that he can cash in on his name and get the big money before anyone can find serious flaws in his game.