Twitter: Archer: Cowboys won't be taking Ruiz

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They know more about Mcgovern than they do someone they would draft tonight.

The McGovern pick looks like a great decision at this point. It's nice to be a year ahead of the "need" curve.

McGovern gives them options at both OC and LG with Connor Williams returning from a blown out knee.

McGovern also gives them the option to cross-train Connor Williams at OT as well as OG. It's less likely to happen now with him returning from a major injury, but it's good to have the option considering the top backup OT is 2019 udfa Brandon Knight who has played 1 game at OT in the NFL and that was at RT.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes!! Todd has been spot on last few years. I think he said we’re going chaisson if he’s thers

His lack of better production has been giving me 2nd thoughts lately (but I think I could live with it and hope for the best.) ;):thumbup:

Sandyf

Reaction score
I could see Biadasz in the 3rd also or possibly the 4th depending how the run on other positions go. I just don't see a whole lot of differences between the top 5 centers.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could see Biadasz in the 3rd also or possibly the 4th depending how the run on other positions go. I just don't see a whole lot of differences between the top 5 centers.

Brugler has him as low as a 5th round.

Edit, he has him ranked #170 overall.

BHendri5

Reaction score
He doesn’t know. We need a Center, and we definitely don’t need a QB

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Yes!! Todd has been spot on last few years. I think he said we’re going chaisson if he’s thers

Yeah he tagged the Taco pick too. I remember him talking and while I don't think he mentioned Chaisson directly, he did imply that Dallas held DE as a higher priority than a DB. That would lead you to believe Chaisson is way up there for sure.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
He doesn’t know. We need a Center, and we definitely don’t need a QB

Dallas needs a center like another LBer. Where as, between DE and CB..they have 5-6 guys under contract beyond 2020.

The lack of depth is startling.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Of course.

Peter King suggested exactly the opposite.

As they say..

Opinions are like buttholes.

Everybody has one.

Clicks and traffic are vital for these writers now.

Nobody buys newspapers anymore.

These guys need their paychecks.

Chaching.

Plankton

Reaction score
Stick to fluff pieces and talking about coffee!
:angry:

giphy.gif

Wood

Reaction score
That's horrifying news.

I agree. McGovern is completely unproven, Connor Williams isn't good tackle so he almost needs to be the Center...but is he any good at it, Looney is purely back-up IMO. Not saying they need to use 1-2 round picks but if your in 4th round and center you like is there...do it.

Sydla

Reaction score
I agree. McGovern is completely unproven, Connor Williams isn't good tackle so he almost needs to be the Center...but is he any good at it, Looney is purely back-up IMO. Not saying they need to use 1-2 round picks but if your in 4th round and center you like is there...do it.

They made the playoffs with Looney at C.

They should absolutely not take a C in the first 2-3 rounds. If they want to throw a late round pick at a developmental guy, sure.

At some point, you have to stop throwing high picks at the OL. What has all that investment in the OL gotten us to this point? That's right........ nothing.