Twitter: Archer: Cowboys won't be taking Ruiz

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Defense, defense and more defense...

Ruiz is a good player for sure but another 1st rounder on the OL is a luxury at this point.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to a tradeback if the board just isn't looking right, but not for Ruiz. There's simply too much depth at secondary positions, wideout and on DL in this draft to do so.

If Kinlaw and Henderson are off the board and Love is still available, I would become all ears to other teams.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I'm hoping beyond hope that the only lineman drafted the next few days are on the defensive one. I'd rather go secondary early in the draft though. There are only a few d-lineman that seem like the you can't miss option, and they will be long gone by 17. Young, Brown, Kinlaw and then it seems like they all go boom or bust from there. I'd rather gamble with later round picks on those type of lineman.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Yeah he tagged the Taco pick too. I remember him talking and while I don't think he mentioned Chaisson directly, he did imply that Dallas held DE as a higher priority than a DB. That would lead you to believe Chaisson is way up there for sure.
Seems that way. I think on Twitter he specifically said chaisson. If he went back to school and be as productive as he has been he’s likely go top 10 next year. So he could be a steal. Or also taco. Who knows right now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Good. Ruiz is a good player. But they need to give McGovern and Looney a chance before spending a first rounder on a replacement.

no reason Looney or McGovern can’t get the job done.

I wouldnt take Ruiz, but I would take Cushenberry in the 2nd.

jnday

Reaction score
I wouldnt take Ruiz, but I would take Cushenberry in the 2nd.
If Ruiz is still available during the second round, I see no trouble with a small trade up to lock the center position down for the next decade.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If Ruiz is still available during the second round, I see no trouble with a small trade up to lock the center position down for the next decade.

That would be incredible. I just dont think he will last that long. Cushenberry in the 2nd or 3rd would be just as good.

jnday

Reaction score
That would be incredible. I just dont think he will last that long. Cushenberry in the 2nd or 3rd would be just as good.
Yeah, I doubt he hangs around that long, but I have seen players higher rated than him stick around in the draft when the drafts have other positions that are really deep.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I doubt he hangs around that long, but I have seen players higher rated than him stick around in the draft when the drafts have other positions that are really deep.

I am of the mind that any great offense needs a GREAT Oline. The Center is the most important piece to the line. THIS team in particular because of Zeke and the run game and because Dak isnt particularly savvy in the pocket that the continuation of the Oline dominance is paramount.

Looney just will NOT cut it if we want that to happen and a high caliber center must be acquired. Do you agree?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
It was always dumb TO ME. i dont care what people say about Dak taking sacks in 2018. All i know is that year after Amari came was the best ive seen the offense look in awhile and Looney was there. Im not buying center being a top 5 important position

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Well they know more about Anthony Brown than they do CJ Henderson but that doesn't mean Anthony Brown is a better option.

I'm just responding to you knocking Mcgovern for not having played in the NFL. No one the Cowboys draft will have played in the NFL yet. They had a second round grade on Mcgovern. It's not like he was considered a bum.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm just responding to you knocking Mcgovern for not having played in the NFL. No one the Cowboys draft will have played in the NFL yet. They had a second round grade on Mcgovern. It's not like he was considered a bum.
I'm not "knocking" McGovern. I'm saying the guy hasn't played a down of football and was injured all of last year. So if they are trying to tell me he's going to change position from guard to center and then not have some rookie warts this season? They are selling us wolf tickets that's the case.

I hope he's the answer. I'm not drafting a center early. Ideally he or Williams are our future center. But I'm not buying you're telling me we have 3 good options at center because Looney was not even naturally a center and neither was Williams or McGovern. I just hope its not something they hope will work itself out.

Mcsports

Reaction score
Stick to fluff pieces and talking about coffee!
:angry:
Peter King: I’ve got riveting information about some NFL personnel decisions. But first, I’d like to write (at least 500 boring words) about some coffee I had at the airport and a lovely attendant who poured it......

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
And with the 17th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select..Cesar Ruiz.