Archer: Jerry said, "you'll know it when you see it" regarding potential change to Romo

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The sad reality is that a certain group of posters would rather lose in the playoffs with Dak than go to the SB with Romo at QB.

I personally don't care if they suit up Donald Trump to play QB, if we win a SB because of it I am all for it.

I am a fan of the team first, players second. I really don't give a dam if Dak gets his panties in a bunch by getting pulled. If Dak doesn't want to get pulled, don't go 2-24 on third down.........that would be my suggestion to him.
Yep, Dak won 11 straight, we've seen what Chokmo can do, time for someone else. Sorry bud

benson

Reaction score
The QB is the most important cog on the team. Not shocked you didn't know that.

Child, QB's do not win games by themselves. You clearly have never played the game but maybe you should consider the careers of Dan Marino in comparison to Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco.

If QB's could win games by themselves Peyton Manning wouldn't have the same amount of rings as his mentally incapacitated brother.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Child, QB's do not win games by themselves. You clearly have never played the game but maybe you should consider the careers of Dan Marino in comparison to Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco.

If QB's could win games by themselves Peyton Manning wouldn't have the same amount of rings as his mentally incapacitated brother.
Some guys show up in big games, others don't.

benson

Reaction score
Some guys show up in big games, others don't.

2014 POSTSEASON GAME LOG PASSING TONY ROMO
DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT
Sun 1/4 vs DET W 24-20 19 31 293 61.3 9.45 76 2 0 44.9 114.0

Sun 1/11 @GB L 21-26 15 19 191 78.9 10.05 38 2 0 76.4 143.6

Yeah you're right. Some guys show up in big games, others don't. Also, it would have been 3 TD's in that GB game if Dez holds on to the stupid ball.

That's the guy we have on the bench. I don't have to remind you how Dak just performed in the biggest game of his career so far?
Dak's performance is to be expected. Anyone who was expecting a rookie to go light up a division rival playing for their lives and the division title doesn't know the game.
Dak will have to play against teams playing like the giants EVERY game in the playoffs. You don't expect rookies to win those games. Apparently, you and the Dallas Cowboys do.

Reactions: Coy

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
2014 POSTSEASON GAME LOG PASSING TONY ROMO
DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT
Sun 1/4 vs DET W 24-20 19 31 293 61.3 9.45 76 2 0 44.9 114.0

Sun 1/11 @GB L 21-26 15 19 191 78.9 10.05 38 2 0 76.4 143.6

Yeah you're right. Some guys show up in big games, others don't. Also, it would have been 3 TD's in that GB game if Dez holds on to the stupid ball.

That's the guy we have on the bench. I don't have to remind you how Dak just performed in the biggest game of his career so far?
Dak's performance is to be expected. Anyone who was expecting a rookie to go light up a division rival playing for their lives and the division title doesn't know the game.
Dak will have to play against teams playing like the giants EVERY game in the playoffs. You don't expect rookies to win those games. Apparently, you and the Dallas Cowboys do.
One mistake sent us home, that's not showing up. Dak has 3 games left, that was not the biggest game of his career.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
One mistake sent us home, that's not showing up. Dak has 3 games left, that was not the biggest game of his career.

No, he doesn't. He has one game left...at most. Romo needs playing time to get ready to lead us to a Super Bowl.

Reactions: Coy

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No, he doesn't. He has one game left...at most. Romo needs playing time to get ready to lead us to a Super Bowl.

Says who? you? When did you buy the Cowboys or start coaching because the people who do own the Cowboys and who coach the Cowboys have not said that at all.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Explain how a broke down nobody is going to lead us to a Super Bowl, he's had 10 years to do it?

Doesn't matter, I know I'm not going to change your mind. And your mind isn't going to change reality -- Romo is the better QB, Jones knows it, Garrett knows it. He will be the starter come playoff time.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Says who? you? When did you buy the Cowboys or start coaching because the people who do own the Cowboys and who coach the Cowboys have not said that at all.

I see things. For instance, a lot of people said that both Jerry and Jason were adamant that Dak was the starter heading forward after being interviewed after the game. After I watched those interviews, I was like "what the HELL are you folks listening to??" Because that was about as far from a vote of confidence as I've ever heard. Every time Garrett talked about Dak being the starter, he would end every comment with "right now," as in "We're happy with Dak...right now."

Most saw a coach and owner give their current QB a tremendous vote of confidence. I saw anything but. They are wavering big time, know that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, I know I'm not going to change your mind. And your mind isn't going to change reality -- Romo is the better QB, Jones knows it, Garrett knows it. He will be the starter come playoff time.
If he is, it would be the biggest mistake this franchise has made. And by the way, Everyone in the organization is supporting Dak. Guys like you are the only one's on Romo's side.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
why would he make any comments on this at all? its infuriating. let things play out and just keep your damn mouth shut.

benson

Reaction score
Explain how a broke down nobody is going to lead us to a Super Bowl, he's had 10 years to do it?

You clearly just don't understand the game, that's fine. We weren't all blessed with fully functional brains

khiladi

Reaction score
The success of Dak's passing is primarily off play-action meaning respect of running game. Dak has already had 35 more attempts in play-action than Romo with Linehan with 3 more games to play and Romo played 15 games in 2014. Linehan does not use Dak primarily in a traditional 3-5 or 7 step drop.

Part of his latest struggles on 3rd have precisely to do with the fact that Dallas didn't pick up 'big' yardage on 1st down, based on some breakdowns I have been reading. Even the play-actions passing that Linehan is using heavily in first down to get that big yardage is based on defenses respecting the run.

If teams force Dallas into third and longs, then one will begin to see Dak's real test, which is known passing downs. He will either be in shotgun or start having to drop back more regularly and rely on the arm.

That is where the real question lies.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You clearly just don't understand the game, that's fine. We weren't all blessed with fully functional brains
Yeah you're right, in my mind, we've won the Super Bowl in the last 10 years. What was I thinking?

benson

Reaction score
Yeah you're right, in my mind, we've won the Super Bowl in the last 10 years. What was I thinking?

You simply don't get it, but I don't blame you. Most casual fans aren't capable of processing it. Quarterbacks can play at elite, super bowl capable winning levels, and not win super bowls. Outside of a season where NO's defense came alive, Brees would have no rings. Peyton Manning had to beat Rex Grossman to get his first ring, and then got carried by a defense to his second. Matt Ryan? Is he a choker because his team has been garbage around him his entire career? Phillip Rivers must be a scrub too. Oh, Steve Young winning a ring had nothing do with Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice being on his team. Andrew Luck? No ring? Garbage. JOE FLACCO??? ELITE! Put him on the boys and let's watch the rings pile up!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You simply don't get it, but I don't blame you. Most casual fans aren't capable of processing it. Quarterbacks can play at elite, super bowl capable winning levels, and not win super bowls. Outside of a season where NO's defense came alive, Brees would have no rings. Peyton Manning had to beat Rex Grossman to get his first ring, and then got carried by a defense to his second. Matt Ryan? Is he a choker because his team has been garbage around him his entire career? Phillip Rivers must be a scrub too. Oh, Steve Young winning a ring had nothing do with Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice being on his team. Andrew Luck? No ring? Garbage. JOE FLACCO??? ELITE! Put him on the boys and let's watch the rings pile up!
Keep throwing out all the excuses you want, Romo has never won anything important. It's been logged, it's over for Romo. Now it's time to see what the rookie can do. He's got 4 years in my book.