Archer: Jerry said, "you'll know it when you see it" regarding potential change to Romo

JDSmith

Reaction score
Not trolling, but do you guys honestly believe this coaching staff is super bowl caliber? (Dak or Tony) really sincere question.

Yeah. Just consider how many games we've won with a rookie QB nobody thought would play - who they thought MIGHT compete for the backup job next year. And say what you will, this team has always played hard for Garrett - even last year, they never quit on him. I love Marinelli's defense, I just wish we had 1 or 2 better players on the DL.

I think the coaches have done a great job, and after losing week 1, knowing how things ended up last year, I think they did an amazing job getting the team to believe and keep fighting out of the gates. After 4 and 12 with backups to go out and start 0 - 1 with a rookie backup it would have been easy for the players to think,"Here we go again."

ShortRound

Reaction score
Yeah. Just consider how many games we've won with a rookie QB nobody thought would play - who they thought MIGHT compete for the backup job next year. And say what you will, this team has always played hard for Garrett - even last year, they never quit on him. I love Marinelli's defense, I just wish we had 1 or 2 better players on the DL.

I think the coaches have done a great job, and after losing week 1, knowing how things ended up last year, I think they did an amazing job getting the team to believe and keep fighting out of the gates. After 4 and 12 with backups to go out and start 0 - 1 with a rookie backup it would have been easy for the players to think,"Here we go again."

Ok thank you I'm not knowledgeable about the X's and O's of the game as the rest of you. Was curious what you all thought of the coaching.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Ok thank you I'm not knowledgeable about the X's and O's of the game as the rest of you. Was curious what you all thought of the coaching.

That's just my opinion, trust me you'll get a lot of different ones. More people probably liked the coaching staff before Sunday night.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
If we want to win the SB. I'm sorry, we have to go with Romo.

I actually wanted him gone, but with us possibly sniffing a SB I don't mind throwing him out there to get that trophy.
Wow. You're the biggest Romo hater, too. Nice.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Depends on your definition of costly.

2013 vs. denver I wouldnt consider costly. He threw for a butt ton of yards and TD's and Peyton had 1 INT just like Tony.

2015 vs. carolina...the season was sunk. Nothing really "costly" about it imo.
The fact that he mentioned the Denver game--one of the best played games by any QB in Dallas Cowboys history according to both Aikman and Staubach--vetos everything else he had to say regarding QB play for...lets say a week probation:laugh:

And the Green Bay game had zero impact on our playoff hopes. None.
The wildcard teams were 11-5 and 12-4...so no catching them
So in the 1st "elimnation game" (a Romo only category) that year in game 15 vs Washington, he led the team to a game-winning drive with a heriated disc.
The next game, they needed to beat Philly for the playoffs and lost with Orton at QB.

Obviously, after he returned from the broken collarbone last year he clearly wasnt right yet. Re-breaking the thing in same place proves that 100%.

Hes had plenty of bad games, but some of this is silly.

Parche

Reaction score
The running back is interchangeable. Zeke just happens to be the most talented one on the roster. We would still be 11-2 with McFadden and the other guy. Hell, DMC might've broken off a long one vs the Giants and we might be 12-1 right now. Zeke is a cog in the machine... we go as the QB goes

Well man, I dont agree. Usually RBs are interchangeable. Zeke is not.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't think so. You don't pull a guy during a game for a lot of reasons:

Romo wouldn't have had starter snaps to prepare, and giving him those snaps before this game would be screwing Dak over. You can't e expect the guy to perform better if you are taking away his preparation time and giving it to someone else.

Dak deserves the entire game any time he starts. It's no fair to anyone if he's looking over his shoulder after every pass to see if Romo is warming up. We don't need him pressing and tight.

Dak has come on at the end of games before after a slow start. Pulling him after a few series, even if they are horrible, would be like pulling Romo at halftime in Buffalo in 07. You give the guy a chance to make some magic, he's earned it.

Pulling him in a game would be a panic move, and coaches don't ever want to look panicked. If there is a change it should be done professionally.

He's been getting starter snaps every day without taking away from Dak's snaps.. Sanchez use to only get one day a week, Friday and I don't even think it was with the first team..

khiladi

Reaction score
Stop bringing up Russell Wilson and his 5 INTs which he throws at that rate at least once a year on a read option offense.. Russell Wilson wins because of his defense.. The year they beat Denver, they totally decimated an all-time great offense.

Romo with that defense would probably have 3 SBs..

manster4ever

Reaction score
Not trolling, but do you guys honestly believe this coaching staff is super bowl caliber? (Dak or Tony) really sincere question.

D': absolutely and Rod has the skins to prove it

O': not really because Linehan (who crapped the bed the other night) and Red don't have the skins to show for it.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
to win a champion ship you have to have coaches and players that are capable we just don't have them qb play is awful and coaching is not much better when they finally hire a hc that is capable of winning a champion ship then we ill win one you have to have qb that can run a very good passing game with the running game a rookie don't give you that

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No, putting a team on your shoulders is leading them to an 11 win season when your starting QB goes down as a rookie and commanding not only the huddle, but the press, and the veterans on this team that have bled with Romo for years. There is a lot more to "on his shoulders" then doing everything himself. You would know that if you ever played sport at any level. Not saying you havent, but judging from your comments you dont seem to understand leadership very well.

Haha, you still keep trying this. You can say over and over again he has "the team on his shoulders"

He doesn't, he has far too much help for that. This is an ideal place to be a QB, you understand the amount of QBs that would die to have this O-line, the receiving group, the TE, and the RB at their disposal?

There are many "leaders" and "captains" on this team, but yet again, he simply doesn't have anything on his shoulders. He's been blessed with a lot of great around him, something most QBs never have throughout their careers.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Todd Archer reporting ..

On 105.3 The Fan in Dallas Tuesday, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said "you'll know it when you see it," when talking about a potential change from Dak Prescott to Tony Romo down the stretch but he did not have a definitive scenario in which a move would be made.

I said it yesterday and was laughed at but I am sticking to it.................lose to Tampa and Romo gets his job back.

Unlike a lot of posters here, Jerry is not going to sit on his hands and let a rookie tank a possible SB season.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It's amazing most people in this thread are agenda driven in the Romo vs dak. There both on the same team. The real issue is who gives us our best chance in the playoffs. Dallas needs to just get back to running and be more creative on offense. Dak needs to be decisive (hope I spelled that right) and make his throws. He is capable of doing so. We need dak using his feet also. I think dak is plenty capable of winning in the playoffs.

So no rookie QB has ever won the SB and our goal this year is to win the SB, so the obvious decision is to stick with Dak because experience is overrated and Dak is plenty capable of winning in the playoffs........is this actually the argument being made?

Dak is going to be the first rookie to win the SB?...........you Dak fan boys have me LMAO right now.

loublue22

Reaction score
it's not hard to see what's going on

Dak is starting against TB, if we go into the half with a poor offensive performance, Tony is starting the 2nd half