Twitter: Archer: Parsons top rated defensive player on board

efh313

Reaction score
You also have to figure that Sean Lee’s retiring factored into this at least slightly.

Not to mention the fact that LVE is a glass cannon and Jaylon has already been injured once so who knows if/when that injury may recur. Having a “young buck” in the LB stable really isn’t a bad move when you consider it...

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’ll scoff.

Glad we got our sideline to sideline and downhill linebacker.

Go ahead and scoff. I couldn’t care less if you’re happy with the pick. To be honest.

You dismiss Parsons true ability. Feel free. I think he is gonna be a beast.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The pick itself is an A.

Letting the Eagles get DeVonta Smith stings but he was going to the Giants if we didn't so really whats the difference.

The real debate is whether we should we have made the Bears trade. Parsons and a 3 or pick 20, a 5th this year and a 1st and 4th next year.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Guys, Parsons is really talented.

The only real knock against Parsons was the positional value, but Parsons + a 3rd fixes that problem.

We did fine, we got better for years to come. Everyone wants to move on from our linebackers so don't scoff when we pick the highest potential one in the draft.

Don't forget that Lee just retired, LVE can't stay on the field, and Jaylon is Jaylon. We needed one.

Talent and need. What more do you want? You can prefer another player by your tastes but that doesn't make Parsons + a 3rd bad.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
team sure loses a lot for a front office that tells the fans every year the guy they just took was the top player on their board when they picked.

something is off here. I wonder what it could be?
wins or losses it would be fairly easy to take the top player on your board whenever you picked. This isn't exactly astrophysics they are discussing.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
The pick itself is an A.

Letting the Eagles get DeVonta Smith stings but he was going to the Giants if we didn't so really whats the difference.

The real debate is whether we should we have made the Bears trade. Parsons and a 3 or pick 20, a 5th this year and a 1st and 4th next year.

I think I would have preferred the 20 swap but I'm not at hand wringing levels of regret over it. I do feel like we got one of the top tier defenders so it doesn't sting by any means.

ICP

Reaction score
The thing that needs to change the most on this team is the culture and a guy like Parsons.... Well, I'm not sure he helps change that. Maybe once Jerry is finally gone it will. Oh right.... There's still Stephen :(

JBS

Reaction score
I haven't decided if the Cowboys actually have a draft board or not

Im thinking whichever players they get every year, those guys are the highest graded guys on their "board"

plasticman

Reaction score
Im actually more concerned about Newsome getting drafted. I figured the Cowboys would look at the CB talent in the top two rounds and feel more secure about drafting another position in the 1st round. However I think that talent will dry up quick.

Whatever value they thought they added with that 3rd rounder by trading down, they'll probably have to burn it to position themselves for a CB that has some measurable potential.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I call that a lie. Now way they would have traded down if they had him over Horn and Surtain.

Why not?

Being top of the board doesn't mean you feel the value is quite there at 10.

Im guessing they were ready to bail further if NYG suddenly took Parsons at 11.

Sydla

Reaction score
Im actually more concerned about Newsome getting drafted. I figured the Cowboys would look at the CB talent in the top two rounds and feel more secure about drafting another position in the 1st round. However I think that talent will dry up quick.

Whatever value they thought they added with that 3rd rounder by trading down, they'll probably have to burn it to position themselves for a CB that has some measurable potential.

Ummm the value is they can move up if they need to. Poo pooing the extra third is weird.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What does them not trading up for him have to do with my point???

Maybe I’m confused what your point is. To be honest. All I’m saying is. It’s not hard to believe the scouts viewed Parsons as the best D player in this draft.