1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

News: Archer reporting a 2nd meeting between Garrett and Jerry **merged**

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Sydla, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

2,297 Messages
    2,044 Likes Received
    He could be back, some of the talking heads have said as much. Jason is the perfect puppet for Jerry and will be hard to find a sycophant like Jason. Jerry doesn't care what anyone thinks so anything is possible just look at the last 23 years. Jerry know everyone wants a purge so he may just in spite rehire him. That Jason still has a job today shows the GM ability of Jones.

2. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

9,316 Messages
    9,454 Likes Received
    We all know Jerry loves Garrett but we also know Jerry let his deal run out and can’t be happy with this season. Personally, I don’t see any way this delay is related to Garrett possibly remaining the coach. I believe Jerry offered him basically a lifetime position with the Dallas Cowboys and asked him to sleep on it. It could be as simple as Jerry asking him to come up with a role he would accept.

pjtoadie and Rayman70 like this.
  3. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

41,157 Messages
    60,399 Likes Received
    I can see it now.

Jerry at the podium announcing a new three year extension of Garrett. He'll cite that Garrett has a great new vision for the team and that because of issues beneath him in the coaching staff, he didn't get a fair shake. But along with Jerry and Stephen, Jason will put together an entire new staff that Jerry is confident will win a SB. Jerry gets to see what fans and media don't see on a daily basis - a sharp, hard working, loyal coach in Garrett............... blah, blah, blah.

cml750 and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  4. AmericanCowboy

AmericanCowboy Well-Known Member

3,139 Messages
    4,605 Likes Received

Yup. And a built in excuse if they struggle next year. New staff, need to gel.

Staubacher likes this.
  5. SDCowboy

SDCowboy Well-Known Member

23,616 Messages
    17,994 Likes Received
    Garrett is not coming back as HC, or we would already know it. This is frustrating and a complete **** show, but he isn't coming back as HC. He's likely just finishing up his coaching duties and goodbyes.

pjtoadie likes this.
  6. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

15,096 Messages
    23,983 Likes Received
    So, bottom line this delay is about Jerry's feelings............oh good lord........can there not be just a tiny bit of normalcy in this organization?

cml750, Rayman70 and Staubacher like this.
  7. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    4,221 Likes Received
    Some things never change. Jerry Jones will never change. Neither will this franchise.

8. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,814 Messages
    41,668 Likes Received
    And people want us to feel sorry for him.

cml750 likes this.
  9. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

8,767 Messages
    15,252 Likes Received
    No.

10. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

16,869 Messages
    14,938 Likes Received
    I tend to think Jerry and Stevie have a new HC lined up already in the que.

rags747 likes this.
  11. Romo_To_Dez

Romo_To_Dez Well-Known Member

10,622 Messages
    8,431 Likes Received
    I don't trust Jerry until I actually see confirmed news about the firing of Garrett. Not very patient for them to be playing games and dragging this out. We have waited long enough for 10 seasons. Only Jerry Jones can be so eager to get rid of a coach that won him Superbowls, but act like Cowboys fans are supposed to forever settle for a coach who hasn't done anything in 10 seasons. :facepalm:

EJK24 likes this.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

58,190 Messages
    102,660 Likes Received
    Risenstar.com's reporting Freddie Kitchens is at the Star this morning.

13. Rayman70

16,869 Messages
    14,938 Likes Received
    lmao..what????

PA Cowboy Fan and Risen Star like this.
  14. cowboy_ron

15,096 Messages
    23,983 Likes Received
    Ruhle?

Zimmer?

Rayman70 likes this.
  15. Rayman70

16,869 Messages
    14,938 Likes Received
    my suspicion is it Urban Meyer or Rhule. WOULD LOVE either...also a curve ball could be Mike McCarthy. Jerry is many things for sure, but one thing we all know, he wants to win badly. We tend to forget this. He knows he MUST get this right fast.

cowboy_ron likes this.
  16. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

58,190 Messages
    102,660 Likes Received
    Jerry's the GM.

Stephen's the Director of Personnel.

Why not Jerry Jr. as the new head coach? Let's really dive in to this madness.

17. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,814 Messages
    41,668 Likes Received
    Should give Garrett the same courtesy they gave to Bailey who saved Garrett's bacon more times than I can remember.

18. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

19,988 Messages
    14,124 Likes Received
    Please. Just because people can see Garrett has no business being a coach, doesn't mean they absolve Jerry for making him one.

cml750 and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  19. cowboy_ron

15,096 Messages
    23,983 Likes Received
    Jerry would have the psychiatrist on suicide watch.

cml750, Rayman70 and TwoDeep3 like this.
  20. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

11,652 Messages
    11,173 Likes Received
    First meeting - -

Jerry..."You're."

Second meeting - -

Jerry..."Fired."

links18 likes this.