Archer - The sense is things will be quiet the next few days

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If you have gone twenty years of whinging and still sticking with the team and expecting different...you might want to seek medical attention.
giphy.gif

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I hope this is the year these reporters are wrong and were doing work internally. ...... anddddd no moves made lol

Sydla

Reaction score
The Patriots have had ONE large signing in the opening week of free agency in the last five years. Smart teams let the bottom feeders who have insane amounts of CAP sign the bad early contracts.

They just traded for Bennett, who carries a big cap hit. So technically not a FA signing, the Patriots are anything but inactive during this period like the Cowboys are.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Patriots have had ONE large signing in the opening week of free agency in the last five years. Smart teams let the bottom feeders who have insane amounts of CAP sign the bad early contracts.

And then the not so smart teams (cough, cough) let the mid-level guys get snapped up by the good teams while waiting for the Nolan Carrolls and Robert Blanton's of the world to finally bubble up to the surface so they can pounce on them.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
They just traded for Bennett, who carries a big cap hit. So technically not a FA signing, the Patriots are anything but inactive during this period like the Cowboys are.

OK, we'll we traded for Cooper. So we're right there with them :D.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

So the Eagles trade for Bennett before free agency, while we sign Witten before the opening of free agency yet we are inactive and they aren't? Just trying to understand here.

Sydla

Reaction score
So the Eagles trade for Bennett before free agency(not a free agent), while we sign Witten before the opening of free agency yet we are inactive and they aren't? Just trying to understand here.

LOL. Please tell me you aren't comparing the Patriots getting a legit edge rusher for them is the same as us pulling a retired TE out of the TV booth are you?

I mean we signed Darian Thompson last week too, so "technically" that's activity too. But what most people are saying, and most clearly understand, is by being "active" they mean making moves to clearly try to make the team better. Witten, as much as I love him as a player, isn't really moving the needle for this franchise at this point.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
And then the not so smart teams (cough, cough) let the mid-level guys get snapped up by the good teams while waiting for the Nolan Carrolls and Robert Blanton's of the world to finally bubble up to the surface so they can pounce on them.
Or the Joe Thomas, Hurns, Woods, XSF, Flemings, Looneys like we did last year?

cowboyec

Reaction score
personaly,I'd rather they handle in house business first.
we drafted'm.
we developed'm.
lets keep who we can.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
LOL. Please tell me you aren't comparing the Patriots getting a legit edge rusher for them is the same as us pulling a retired TE out of the TV booth are you?

I mean we signed Darian Thompson last week too, so "technically" that's activity too. But what most people are saying, and most clearly understand, is by being "active" they mean making moves to clearly try to make the team better. Witten, as much as I love him as a player, isn't really moving the needle for this franchise at this point.

LOL I started that the Patriots are known for staying out of the 1st week of free agency and you come back with them trading for Bennett, which wasnt even a free agency move lol.

So there really was no counterpoint to what I said. It's true that the smart teams on average don't get involved in over paying at the start of free agency, like I pointed out with the Patriots.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In all fairness the Cowboys have drafted really well and the focus should be on signing their own players. (all but Dak)

Two words:

Taco. Charlton.

That blunder + Randy Gregory suspension + Lawrence situation = no pass rush.

That's a problem.

cern

Reaction score
free agency is nowhere close to being complete. amazing how so many call it a failure already when there is so much time for things to yet be done. the idea is not to see how much the team can spend during the free agency period but rather to acquire talent that will help the club. are we there yet?