Archer - The sense is things will be quiet the next few days

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The Patriots have had ONE large signing in the opening week of free agency in the last five years. Smart teams let the bottom feeders who have insane amounts of CAP sign the bad early contracts.

I'm not here to say what's right or wrong as far as free agency, but we are not the Patriots. No team should try to emulate how they operate UNLESS they have a Bellichek running the show. Carry on....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you are basically saying they are whining to be whining. Since they don't think anything will result from it, they are just whining to be whinging. Kind of like an annoying old aunt or uncle in the family that is always complaining about this or that.

Good to know that many just like to whine to hear themselves whine. So you got that going for you, which is nice.

I'm glad that you're the self-appointed guy that gets to decide.
:thumbup:

LittleD

Reaction score
I don’t mind them not overpaying big time for someone but the problem is without a first round pick they need one big splash FA to make up for it....do something please

Stephen says no more splashes...ever!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad that you're the self-appointed guy that gets to decide.

I can have an opinion just as you do. I just don't feel the need to be a negative nancy 24/7 like some of you do.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I suggested a while back add ...
A Positive Zone
A Negative Zone
A Realist Zone (but like you said may eventually cross over into negative zone criteria)

That solves that, right?
A dedicated Positive Zone would be over-moderated. Thanks. No thanks.
A dedicated Negative Zone would tax the site's bandwidth. Daily.
A dedicated Realist Zone would have enough self-deluded participants to make it a short-lived one. Or one that would be in operation until the forum name was changed to something more appropriate for its content.

remdak

Reaction score
I'm not here to say what's right or wrong as far as free agency, but we are not the Patriots. No team should try to emulate how they operate UNLESS they have a Bellichek running the show. Carry on....
True. Plus, Patriots would not sign or tag Tank.

LittleD

Reaction score
In their defense, Stephen did say they were going to be aggressive in free agency this year.

But yeah, you make a good point that they are habitual liars and fans should not believe anything they say.

He is being aggressive at signing their own players who want to play for the Cowboys at REASONABLE prices....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can have an opinion just as you do. I just don't feel the need to be a negative nancy 24/7 like some of you do.

No, it's obvious from this thread and your posts, that you're a real 'Positive Pete'!

Zordon

Reaction score
We restructured Sean Lee and brought Jason Witten back from the grave. It's amazing how ungrateful some of you are.

LittleD

Reaction score
2 wildcard wins in a decade.

Yeah, they are schooling the league with their strategy.

LOL

Jerry is still making record profits and those Arlington fans are still crowding into his palace. Yeah, Jerry is schooling the league
and has been since he bought the team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
LOL. Please tell me you aren't comparing the Patriots getting a legit edge rusher for them is the same as us pulling a retired TE out of the TV booth are you?

I mean we signed Darian Thompson last week too, so "technically" that's activity too. But what most people are saying, and most clearly understand, is by being "active" they mean making moves to clearly try to make the team better. Witten, as much as I love him as a player, isn't really moving the needle for this franchise at this point.

Exactly!

Its utterly amazing that this has to be explained to some posters.

LittleD

Reaction score

They may fail but, Jerry and Stephen are going to try. Nothing else has worked for 24 years.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL I started that the Patriots are known for staying out of the 1st week of free agency and you come back with them trading for Bennett, which wasnt even a free agency move lol.

So there really was no counterpoint to what I said. It's true that the smart teams on average don't get involved in over paying at the start of free agency, like I pointed out with the Patriots.

Actually, yes, there was a post where he completely, totally, and utterly refuted what you tried to claim. Maybe you missed it?

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
until players we want start getting signed by other teams, im not going to freak out. Lets just wait and see. Nobody had an idea that we planned on going after Sammy watkins until it happened so who knows what we're really planning

75boyz

Reaction score
A dedicated Positive Zone would be over-moderated. Thanks. No thanks.
A dedicated Negative Zone would tax the site's bandwidth. Daily.
A dedicated Realist Zone would have enough self-deluded participants to make it a short-lived one. Or one that would be in operation until the forum name was changed to something more appropriate for its content.

I just thought it may be more practical for this type of format for someone like me who has become quite pessimistic or negative over the years. Or a whiner I guess as your fellow mod alluded.

This way I would know exactly where my type of posts belong and not venture into the Positive Zone and imply personal attacks by my strong opinioned posts

It would keep me separate and keep those who did not agree with my whining opinion from having to read about it...

No?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We really just need to upgrade our Safety (Earl) and find a way to sign Tank. The draft should help everything else. There's no reason to go out and sign 4 high priced FA's but 1 really good one in a position of dire need (Ball hawking safety) will greatly improve our outlook for next season IMO.

Exactly!

How is it so difficult for others to comprehend.

You dont have to be at the extremes of either signing everybody under the sun or signing nobody of any significance. There is a middle ground where you can use free agency to add a piece or two to supplement what you do in the draft. That is the way free agency is designed to work, to add a player or two to supplement the core of the team you get from the draft.

And when I say adding a player to supplement, I mean a good player, not some Nolan Carrol scrub type player Stephen Jones is famous for digging out of the bargin bin.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I signed on and i have to say i was totally SHOCKED by the cowboys being quiet the next few days!!! I was sure as hell there was some weed head out there or a "PROJECT" player that we would take in and nurture!!!