Are Cowboys a destination HC’s would want?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We are the most popular and wealthiest franchise on the planet with a storybook history. In the first 30 years we went to more Super Bowls and won more playoff games than any team in league history.

What’s transpired since though has left this franchise in a most unusual situation and potential insurmountable obstacle. Winning another championship with an owner in the front office and meddling coaching staff determined to gain most of the credit as face of the franchise.

And why even if the owner didn’t dangle puppetry strings not only with his Son but coaching staff intent on gaining credit for building a championship team he didn’t earlier would the Cowboys be an attractive destination unless you couldn’t land a job elsewhere?

The Cowboys have basically been a dead end job for any HC since Jimmy left. Only Chan Gailey ever coached again in NFL after needing to revive his career in college ranks.

Do all fans realize the severity of our situation and limitations on potential prospects as long as there’s only room for one ego in Big D?

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course they wouldn’t. It’s going to have to be a young head coach or someone promoted from within. But the dreams of someone like Sean Payton coming here? I don’t see it.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Of course they wouldn’t. It’s going to have to be a young head coach or someone promoted from within. But the dreams of someone like Sean Payton coming here? I don’t see it.
7-9

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Winning in Dallas as a player or a coach can only be matched by the Lakers and the Yankees.
I get the comparison . And it might have been true at one point in history and still might be for some fans but I don’t think it’s our reality anymore.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
LOL Keep digging.
Digging what? After all these years of no SB in Dallas and you as a coach or player win specifically QB if you win for the most popular team in all of sports you are darn near set for life in NFL history.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Prescott era would appear to be an attractive gig.
Fresh crop of young players, 2 division titles in 3 years, 3 post seasons games in 3 seasons, 32-16 W-L......
There would be plenty of people who would want to coach this team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL Keep digging.
It is what it is. I’m not proud of it but as always calling it like I see it. Like with any handicap or hindrance we face in life I think it’s important to face the gravity of the situation. Only then can you begin to come to terms with it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Prescott era would appear to be an attractive gig.
Fresh crop of young players, 2 division titles in 3 years, 3 post seasons games in 3 seasons, 32-16 W-L......
There would be plenty of people who would want to coach this team.
But coaching this team doesnt totally describe the situation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Digging what? After all these years of no SB in Dallas and you as a coach or player win specifically QB if you win for the most popular team in all of sports you are darn near set for life in NFL history.
If anyone won now in Dallas they would be immortalized with the fan base but would they receive the credit they would at other franchises?

And does anyone really expect a HC to have the ultimate success here in this situation? That’s really the bigger question?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
But coaching this team doesnt totally describe the situation.
You can choose to focus on the distant past, but it will get you nowhere and is a borderline sign of depression. It will never change, but feel free to whine for 2 decades.
If you choose to focus on only the future, which hasn't happened that's anxiety.

Do yourself and everyone here a favor and look at the present. It's the most current, up to date example of the "situation."

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You can choose to focus on the distant past, but it will get you nowhere and is a borderline sign of depression. It will never change, but feel free to whine for 2 decades.
If you choose to focus on only the future, which hasn't happened that's anxiety.

Do yourself and everyone here a favor and look at the present. It's the most current, up to date example of the "situation."
It’s all wrapped up into one IMO.

A handicap is a handicap . It places limitations. I suppose we can always hope for a miracle.

CWR

Reaction score
I get the comparison . And it might have been true at one point in history and still might be for some fans but I don’t think it’s our reality anymore.

You said it yourself. The "most popular franchise." Its still the same.