Are Dak's Problems Mostly Mental or Physical?

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak doesn't care, he got his 50yd star field in the back yard, and having crazy BBQs on weekends with that 2nd contract.
We slam Dak, yet Dak is just purging Jerry for every nickel and dime when Jerry left himself looking stupid again with no other alternative but to pay up.
$th round pick.

Dak gets the crap for his play and Jerry gets the crap for the contract…….and both will blame whoever the offensive coordinator happens to be at the moment.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think we have a double whammy situation with Dak, i.e., he has both mental and physical problems. On the one hand he has weird mechanics and this results in worm burners and passes sailing over the outstretched arms of receivers. On the other hand, his inaccuracy has clearly affected his confidence, to the point he never attempts difficult passes especially in clutch situations, culminating in that wonderfully comic slide to end last season.
What do the rest of the zoners think?

Both,
His mechanics which he has worked at, leaves him when he gets flustered, ( read that as less than perfect pass protection for 10+ secs) and
also like any QB he doesnt like to be continually harassed , sacked and hit and batted balls etc. which makes him less confident and he wont throw the ball until he can see visible separation between his targets and defenders , which almost results in busted play and he gets taken down etc…

He needs protection like 2016 to function normally and also receivers who can fool CBs and get lot of separation.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Daks problems are 100% mental. Anyone who watches him have those extreme highs and lows can see that. When he’s in his head his mechanics go away, he thinks way to much and his accuracy goes out the window. He needs figure that out just like Romo did.

Cebrin

Reaction score
From what I understand is that Moore called a run-pass-option. Dak took off on his own...
Probably because Moore called some more predictable junk as usual. This whole team was bound to fail. Most penalized team in football. Wonder boy Diggs was top of it. No one brings that up though. Just bring up CW, and that one bad bad game by Anthony Brown.

Jerry, McCarthy, Moore and the team as a whole is responsible. Dak included , though with Dak I didn't expect much more than I got if not less considering he hadn't played football for so long.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
dak is # 1 in getting paid and contracts lol
he has flaws, but he gets no help from the coaches.
KM should design a offense and plays just for his qb.
instead he designs plays he thinks are kool and a offense he likes, and expects dak to run it.
Many OC's are flawed in this same area.

You have to look at players you HAVE and design offense or defense to use what they do best and avoid what they dont do well.

I dont like elliot, but even he gets no help from coaches with the archaic blocking schemes they use.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Both... he has to lug around that 210 pound dead weight we call an offensive coordinator and he is forced to listen to him when he makes moronic play calls.
Lordy Lordly . . . Now we are gonna have to hear all the ways that it is Moore's Fault . . . I thought when he got Paid all the escape goating was gonna end.

But here we are built in excuse for 2023.

Wash rinse repeat

NotForLong

Reaction score
Probably because Moore called some more predictable junk as usual. This whole team was bound to fail. Most penalized team in football. Wonder boy Diggs was top of it. No one brings that up though. Just bring up CW, and that one bad bad game by Anthony Brown.

Jerry, McCarthy, Moore and the team as a whole is responsible. Dak included , though with Dak I didn't expect much more than I got if not less considering he hadn't played football for so long.
Moore got this team to the #1 ranking in offense . . . with Dak as QB let that sink in.

Cowboys are lucky to have him. . . Moore knows exactly how Dak sucks and He has made Filet Mignon out of Bologna.

If the Cowboys offense is predictable its because Dak is a piss poor QB . . . Mentally and Physically.

Same thing will happen again this year . . . Moore will have some ingenious game plans . . . they will work the 1st 5 weeks abd then the league will catch on . . and then Nothing but TE and RB dumpoffs

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak doesn't care, he got his 50yd star field in the back yard, and having crazy BBQs on weekends with that 2nd contract.
We slam Dak, yet Dak is just purging Jerry for every nickel and dime when Jerry left himself looking stupid again with no other alternative but to pay up.
$th round pick.

His purging and PR BS is costing us the FANS........Good for him bad for us!
666......filling his coffers and leaving sorrow and misery in his wake!!!!
P.S. This imposter will be eventually run out of TOWN and it won't be pretty!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore got this team to the #1 ranking in offense . . . with Dak as QB let that sink in.

Cowboys are lucky to have him. . . Moore knows exactly how Dak sucks and He has made Filet Mignon out of Bologna.

If the Cowboys offense is predictable its because Dak is a piss poor QB . . . Mentally and Physically.

Same thing will happen again this year . . . Moore will have some ingenious game plans . . . they will work the 1st 5 weeks abd then the league will catch on . . and then Nothing but TE and RB dumpoffs
:hammer:

NotForLong

Reaction score
No quarterback is, or ever was, perfect. Brady can't run worth a flip. P. Manning couldn't either. Brett Favre was an interception machine. Joe Montana didn't have a super strong arm. Our beloved Roger fumbled the ball 55 times and threw 109 ints. Aikman had only 24 more tds than ints and had a woeful 3.1 yards per carry rushing. And on and on.

Apples and Oranges. . . it is not the same league any more. . . the rule changes allow for all these ridiculous stats. . . They started tinkering with the rules to allow Manning's WR to get open against Belichek's Defenses.

After that Manning and Brady are breaking records. . . All those great QBs from the old league never got to play within those parameters. . . . and it must be factored in.

These BS rules allow for QBs to shine . . .

Just 2 rule change would have half of these QBs in early retirement. . . . the ability to throw the ball away and the ability to slide . . .

That's when Aikman played . . . many times He was, as all those QBs had to, running for His Life sideways to get out of bounds . . . you stayed in the pocket.

Half of the QBs in 2022 would be Defensive Backs if the rules were the same as 90s . . . No Lamar or Murray and definitely no Dak . . he would be a TE or something

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Both,
His mechanics which he has worked at, leaves him when he gets flustered, ( read that as less than perfect pass protection for 10+ secs) and
also like any QB he doesnt like to be continually harassed , sacked and hit and batted balls etc. which makes him less confident and he wont throw the ball until he can see visible separation between his targets and defenders , which almost results in busted play and he gets taken down etc…

He needs protection like 2016 to function normally and also receivers who can fool CBs and get lot of separation.
I agree completely. I have a friend who calls him Cushions because he's only comfortable throwing the ball when there is a big cushion between the receiver and defender. Same idea as what you are saying.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dang all the dak hate, I'm loving it. I support the loser with tough love. tough love, he's not getting any. :D
I expect myself beyond the laughter(I've cried enough) Dak will provide this coming season to actually feel bad for him as the pressures in a non Coop and Collins world will become insurmountable for him!!!!