Are the Cowboys a good football team?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes they are a good team. They should be better with the new coaching and schemes and drafted players.
The 8-8 record was not a reflection of the talent the team had last year.
Was 10-6 the previous year a better reflection? How about 3-5.

Remember we were one player away in 2018 from finishing like 6-10. Lol

If we didn’t have Wash and NY on our schedule twice last year we’d of been more like 6-10 again.

This team and talent are so over hyped.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Offense = superb. Defense = if Gregory, Aldon Smith return, could be very good. Special teams = who knows. Coaching = No Garrett.

Kaiser

Reaction score

How about 7-1 down the stretch that year? Two years ago in the NFL might as well be the Middle Ages, its silly to cherry pick a half season like that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How about 7-1 down the stretch that year? Two years ago in the NFL might as well be the Middle Ages, its silly to cherry pick a half season like that.
Sure , if that’s how you wanna spin it. But I see us one player away from finishing a 3-5 start 6-10.

Silly for me to cherry pick my half season but yours is ok. Lol

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Remember we were one player away in 2018 from finishing like 6-10. Lol

If we didn’t have Wash and NY on our schedule twice last year we’d of been more like 6-10 again.

This team and talent are so over hyped.

They were also one score away in quite a few game to being 14-2. So how overhyped are the really?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What if Dak holds out this year? We are due for some big distraction. We always get it with Jerry’s Mgmt.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes or no.

Please keep the discussion related to the topic of this thread.

They have been a good football team for 4 years. They have just been poorly coached. This team we are assembling this year is probably the most talented since 2016. Will be much better defensively.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They were also one score away in quite a few game to being 14-2. So how overhyped are the really?
I see two different teams.

One that dominated lesser opponents averaging 35 points a game in their 8 wins. And the other averaging 15 points a game in their 8 losses.

We looked Super Bowl bound against bottom dwellers and 6-10 like against playoff caliber teams. That’s what I’d call over hyped.

3-0 presented a false perception to some fans.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How do you define good football team?

They have some nice talent but who knows.

We had one of the best teams on paper last year.. Would you call that a good team?

Yah, I would call it a good team. A quality team that was poorly coached.

Good as in playoff caliber. There are stats to back that up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some think this team is just better coaching away. How many other teams in the league would we say are just a better HC away instead of better talent in key positions away.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some think this team is just better coaching away. How many other teams in the league would we say are just a better HC away instead of better talent in key positions away.

A HC away from what? Again you dramatize it to further your agenda. And you even said yourself the defense wasn't there.

Even with a real HC last years team was never good enough to win a SB.

starfan1

Reaction score
I know what the cowboys have been. an above average and underachieving team.Now as to what they are with this new coaching staff it remains to be seen.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Most analysts and experts last year didn’t pick us to win our division. Most had us anywhere from 4th to 7th in conference . And most picked Egirls to win division.

Our over/ under for the season was 8 1/2. I’d say they called it pretty close. Eternal optimist like Jerry and overly homer fans always see a brighter picture than critics.

That’s fine. We always need cheerleaders but that’s not who I listen to before putting my money on it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I see two different teams.

One that dominated lesser opponents averaging 35 points a game in their 8 wins. And the other averaging 15 points a game in their 8 losses.

We looked Super Bowl bound against bottom dwellers and 6-10 like against playoff caliber teams. That’s what I’d call over hyped.

3-0 presented a false perception to some fans.

Pretty simple actually. This team had plenty of talent that it could beat lessor teams. However, when they played quality teams and coaching became the difference, Garrett became the liability he always has been. Pretty much par for the course for his entire career.