Are the Cowboys a good football team?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Average team. Last year I thought they looked better on paper but not on sundays. This year I think they take a step back talent wise but who knows for sure on game day.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We have an above average roster at the following positions:

QB
RB
OL
WR
LB

Coaching will determine how good of a team we are this season

Our Dline is very very good now. If either Aldon or Gregory hit then its big time. If both hit it will be ridiculous.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Average team. Last year I thought they looked better on paper but not on sundays. This year I think they take a step back talent wise but who knows for sure on game day.

Wow, just wow...……………...You think this team has LESS talent now?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
er

We were a very good team that was horribly coached.
That’s your opinion. It’s a very lazy analysis that doesn’t hold any of our talent accountable.

What about 2018? How would you evaluate it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pretty simple actually. This team had plenty of talent that it could beat lessor teams. However, when they played quality teams and coaching became the difference, Garrett became the liability he always has been. Pretty much par for the course for his entire career.
I don’t guess it ever occurred to you most of those other teams were better?

Our talent carried us in our wins but couldn’t in our losses. Again a lazy analysis and obviously agenda driven.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s your opinion. It’s a very lazy analysis that doesn’t hold any of our talent accountable.

What about 2018? How would you evaluate it.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black? You aren't known for holding Garrett accountable.

Are you going to hold Zeke accountable for being run straight up the middle time after time predictably on first down and getting stuffed?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A HC away from what? Again you dramatize it to further your agenda. And you even said yourself the defense wasn't there.

Even with a real HC last years team was never good enough to win a SB.
I’m asking what other teams based on their current talent level are a HC away from advancing further?

Yes, I have said our defense was weak. That’s holding our talent level accountable not our coaching.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t guess it ever occurred to you most of those other teams were better?

Our talent carried us in our wins but couldn’t in our losses. Again a lazy analysis and obviously agenda driven.

What excuse do you have for losing to the Jets? Or how about nobody on the team showing up for the most important game against the Eagles?

Cmon buddy. You either cant see it, or you don't want to see it.

There is never anything lazy about my analysis.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black? You aren't known for holding Garrett accountable.

Are you going to hold Zeke accountable for being run straight up the middle time after time predictably on first down and getting stuffed?
Our puppetry coaching was just as accountable in our wins as our losses. You don’t give them any credit on our wins only blame in our losses. Then only credit our talent for our wins but no blame in our losses. Who has the agenda here?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m asking what other teams based on their current talent level are a HC away from advancing further?

Yes, I have said our defense was weak. That’s holding our talent level accountable not our coaching.

And when do you hold the coaching accountable? Its always the players or the talent with you. Never the coach.

I consistently bash both players and coaches.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Our puppetry coaching was just as accountable in our wins as our losses. You don’t give them any credit on our wins only blame in our losses. Then only credit our talent for our wins but no blame in our losses. Who has the agenda here?

Nonsense. I hold everyone accountable. But when it comes to coaching, it doenst take a genius to see how bad Garrett was at his job.

Just take a good look at what MM has already done in his first year. He knocked the offseason out of the park.

DT, safety, kicker, backup QB were ALL addressed. Things what were never properly addressed in 10 years with Garrett.

You REALLY struggle with this coaching thing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What excuse do you have for losing to the Jets? Or how about nobody on the team showing up for the most important game against the Eagles?

Cmon buddy. You either cant see it, or you don't want to see it.

There is never anything lazy about my analysis.
No excuse. The Jets were an upset . That happens.

What about our other 7 losses. Or is the Jet loss only one that fits your agenda?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nonsense. I hold everyone accountable. But when it comes to coaching, it doenst take a genius to see how bad Garrett was at his job.

Just take a good look at what MM has already done in his first year. He knocked the offseason out of the park.

DT, safety, kicker, backup QB were ALL addressed. Things what were never properly addressed in 10 years with Garrett.

You obviously have no clue what good coaching is. Never seen anyone not get it like you.
MM hasn’t done anything yet. You’re so far up his fat butt you don’t realize we haven’t played any games yet.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No excuse. The Jets were an upset . That happens.

What about our other 7 losses. Or is the Jet loss only one that fits your agenda?

LOL...…….upsets happen? Again you don't hold Garrett accountable. Game plan was horrendous in that game.

Winless Jets that just got their 2nd year QB back for the first time.

I also mentioned Philly. I also did an entire thread a few weeks back on all the games we would have won with better coaching.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I gave Garrett the most hideous name” the greatest puppet” and said he was an extension of Jerry’s dysfunctional ways . I’m not sure how much more cynical I could be.

You just always saw me defending him in some circles because I didn’t believe Jerry would allow anything more. After 10 years it was looking pretty suspect. The Old Coot fought to keep him until the bitter end.

Coaching and leadership has been a problem for this franchise since Jimmy left. Parcells couldn’t overcome the toxic atmosphere here and I seriously doubt McCarthy will either. But I wish him luck. If he does I’ll place him on a pedestal.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
MM hasn’t done anything yet. You’re so far up his fat butt you don’t realize we haven’t played any games yet.

ahahahaahaaha!!!!

Where have you been the last month? Hiring and firing coaches, FA, and the draft.

Nothing eh? MM nailed all of it.

The fact that you cant see a difference or even understand what MM has done just shows again you have no clue about coaching.

Take some notes from MM.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I gave Garrett the most hideous name” the greatest puppet” and said he was an extension of Jerry’s dysfunctional ways . I’m not sure how much more cynical I could be.

You just always saw me defending him in some circles because I didn’t believe Jerry would allow anything more. After 10 years it was looking pretty suspect. The Old Coot fought to keep him until the bitter end.

Coaching and leadership has been a problem for this franchise since Jimmy left. Parcells couldn’t overcome the toxic atmosphere here and I seriously doubt McCarthy will either. But I wish him luck. If he does I’ll place him on a pedestal.

Cynical? Yah, that's what you were defending your hero every day all day for 10 years. :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

Big_D

Reaction score
They weren't. They are now. Better coaching, nice additions and on their way to a much improved overall roster.