Are the Cowboys a good football team?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL...…….upsets happen? Again you don't hold Garrett accountable. Game plan was horrendous in that game.

Winless Jets that just got their 2nd year QB back for the first time.

I also mentioned Philly. I also did an entire thread a few weeks back on all the games we would have won with better coaching.
Again . Those are your opinions. And you’re certainly entitled to them. As I noted above coaching has been a weakness for a couple decades along with our leadership .

I just don’t see this team even with Belichick coaching us as championship caliber. Now Bill given time could certainly reshape this team but we aren’t just a great HC away.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yes they are a good team. They should be better with the new coaching and schemes and drafted players.
The 8-8 record was not a reflection of the talent the team had last year.
I think we lost at least 2 games last year that we SHOULD have won. Maybe more with slightly better ST, and that was WITH Garrett!

Add McCarthy, improved ST, and improvement in the middle of the DL...10-13 wins.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cynical? Yah, that's what you were defending your hero every day all day for 10 years. :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:
I defended him on certain fronts but you obviously didn’t see all of my comments on him the years before I joined this forum. Others have though and know where Im coming from. I made fun of Garrett in some circles. I just went to bat for him against the Lynch Mob who basically blamed everything on him.
When I say an extension of our GM dysfunctional franchise. How much more of a slam can I give?

Do we need to go over this again for like 10 pages every time we discuss it.? I can. I’m a relentless M F

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again . Those are your opinions. And you’re certainly entitled to them. As I noted above coaching has been a weakness for a couple decades along with our leadership .

I just don’t see this team even with Belichick coaching us as championship caliber. Now Bill given time could certainly reshape this team but we aren’t just a great HC away.

Right, just like you didn't see Jerry hiring a REAL HC. I don't think you see well my friend.

Nobody said we are a HC away. That's just you pushing an agenda so you can say that Garrett wasn't the problem. Too easy to see your new agenda. If MM doesn't win a SB in a year or two you will claim it was Jerry and not Garrett.

Always with your hero Garrett in the back of your mind trying to justify.

MM gives us a fighting chance in the coaching matchup where Garrett never did. This is where the benefit comes in. Nothing more, nothing less.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I defended him on certain fronts but you obviously didn’t see all of my comments on him the years before I joined this forum. Others have though and know where Im coming from. I made fun of Garrett in some circles. I just went to bat for him against the Lynch Mob who basically blamed everything on him.
When I say an extension of our GM dysfunctional franchise. How much more of a slam can I give?

Garrett was a joke buddy. That was proven over and over again. No deflection to Jerry can change that fact. And you defended Garrett for 10 years and bragged openly about what a great job he was doing.

Anything you say contrary to that is a complete lie.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Do we need to go over this again for like 10 pages every time we discuss it.? I can. I’m a relentless M F

You are gluten for punishment, a troll, a liar, and you have no shame.

That pretty much sums you up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett was a joke buddy. That was proven over and over again. No deflection to Jerry can change that fact. And you defended Garrett for 10 years and bragged openly about what a great job he was doing.

Anything you say contrary to that is a complete lie.
Our entire franchise has been a joke for over two decades. Garrett was part of that . But it was a joke long before him and I have a hunch it will continue to be.

That’s how I go to bat for him. Garrett didn’t create our dysfunctional organization. Jerry did.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
How do we know? We haven't seen it unfold on the field. I think they made all the right offseason moves, though starting with getting rid of Garrett and Marinelli.

I myself am unwilling to judge them at this point. The team has done the right moves, but after years of mediocrity we need results before I start saying they're a good team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Our entire franchise has been a joke for over two decades. Garrett was part of that . But it was a joke long before him and I have a hunch it will continue to be.

It was a joke because Jerry hired morons like Garrett. He finally has stepped away from that fatal flaw and has gotten it right. He also finally figured out how to be good at the draft...…...McClay. And Stephen has become an expert at the cap.

So the 3 big things Jerry was horrible at are currently no longer an issue

-Hiring losers like Garrett
-Whiffing on the draft
-poorly handling the salary cap

Only part left is he needs to stop meddling. So far it appears he is letting MM do his thing.

But again...…….you fail to see all of that apparently.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are gluten for punishment, a troll, a liar, and you have no shame.

That pretty much sums you up.
I stand by my comments. You continue to misinterpret my intent. I really don’t care what you think anymore.

You are the troll because you always attempt to discredit me personally because you don’t like my message instead of addressing my arguments.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I stand by my comments. You continue to misinterpret my intent. I really don’t care what you think anymore.

You are the troll because you always attempt to discredit me personally because you don’t like my message instead of addressing my arguments.

You even said yourself that you just pick the unpopular side, not because you believe in it, but just to do it. To be THAT guy. That is why you are a troll.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
They have been a good football team for 4 years. They have just been poorly coached. This team we are assembling this year is probably the most talented since 2016. Will be much better defensively.

It's been no different than when Romo was here. alternating good and bad years. A good team would have more consistency

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You discredit yourself by who you support and who you don't.

-support garret
-don't support MM

For my part, I just am not going to let you lie about your stance or Garrett. And don't worry, I read you trying to do it over on the other board. I will soon be setting the record straight over there too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's been no different than when Romo was here. alternating good and bad years. A good team would have more consistency

The question was about last years team. It was a good team. Poorly coached. Wasn't a GREAT team, but it was better than the results.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You even said yourself that you just pick the unpopular side, not because you believe in it, but just to do it. To be THAT guy. That is why you are a troll.

You got a link to where he said that? Doesn't sound like the Diehard I've read on this site. Maybe you misunderstood.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It was a joke because Jerry hired morons like Garrett. He finally has stepped away from that fatal flaw and has gotten it right. He also finally figured out how to be good at the draft...…...McClay. And Stephen has become an expert at the cap.

So the 3 big things Jerry was horrible at are currently no longer an issue

-Hiring losers like Garrett
-Whiffing on the draft
-poorly handling the salary cap

Only part left is he needs to stop meddling. So far it appears he is letting MM do his thing.

But again...…….you fail to see all of that apparently.
The meddling is what ran Parcells off and it will derail McCarthy most likely too.

Jerry already dictated retaining Moore. And Dak is probably a stipulation as well. If you want to believe everything is Rosy. Go right ahead but after 30 years of Jerry’s dysfunction I’ll need more evidence and results than this.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Our starting Dline is above average in exactly one spot of the four as of now.

Not from where I am standing. DT is a big strength now. RDE has a chance to be above average as well.

Poe, McCoy, Crawford, Rookie. That's about as stout as you can get.