Are the Cowboys just a better defense away from being contenders?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s just a Dak troll. Splatters crap that isn’t true. Big man behind the keyboard. Something the internet allows you to do.

Its still fun to make fun of him and point out all his contradictions and wrong way predictions.

Just a month ago when Dak was signed he was all depressed talking about how the Cowboys are doomed to mediocrity for the next decade.
Just yesterday he was commenting on how we can be a SB contender. :lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
lol.. People talk trash to me.. I never start it with them.. Like you speaking trash here when I’ve never said anything to you.. So don’t get upset when big man behind the keyboard says something back.

Cowboyroy is a little weirdo who is obsessed with my posts and follows me all over the forum like the little weirdo he is.

LOL........are YOU big man behind the keyboard? :huh:

I got news for you. I would love to never speak with you. The problem is you say so many dumb things they just have to be laughed at publicly. I cant help myself. I would LOVE for you to actually say something intelligent. Only it NEVER happens!

I am convinced you LOVE the attention. If fact..............my theory is that you think of the dumbest thing to say, the 100% complete opposite of what will happen just to get attention.

There is absolutely NO way you are THIS bad at football analysis. Even a 6 year old kid knows more than you about football.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
If our offense is improved even a little bit, with a healthy o line and a maturing Lamb and hopefully a bounceback from Zeke we wont need an elite defense.

i really believe if the run defense gets better to the degree that we can get away from 2nd and 3rd and short , this team will be a ***** for anyone to handle

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its still fun to make fun of him and point out all his contradictions and wrong way predictions.

Just a month ago when Dak was signed he was all depressed talking about how the Cowboys are doomed to mediocrity for the next decade.
Just yesterday he was commenting on how we can be a SB contender. :lmao2:

Lol.. The thread was about how can Dallas become a contender you donut.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol.. The thread was about how can Dallas become a contender you donut.

But you said they couldnt become a contender with mediocre Dak and his big contract?

Do you want to recant that silly statement troll?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep and you gave your list of what could happen. Kinda flies in the face of your strong claim that the Cowboys would be mired in mediocrity no matter what with mediocre Dak and his big contract?

THAT was very very predictable. You put your foot in your mouth again.

Listen.. In a thread about what it would take for Dallas to be a Super Bowl contender you might see people posting on how they could do it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Many of our stars on offense were injured last season, so getting them back and improving the D should go a long way toward being contenders.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Listen.. In a thread about what it would take for Dallas to be a Super Bowl contender you might see people posting on how they could do it.

But you said they were going to be "stuck in mediocrity"! Being a contender isnt mediocrity.

Poor guy, we havent even started the season and you contradicted yourself. :muttley:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Many of our stars on offense were injured last season, so getting them back and improving the D should go a long way toward being contenders.

We should make the playoffs by default.. The division is trash.

The NFC west and Tampa are the only decent teams out there. (If Rodgers leaves)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

A guy that was so adamant that we were stuck in mediocrity like you should have just said its not possible with Dak. Or......................have you changed your mind?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

So now you are predicting we are going to win the division at 7-9?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Why didnt we make the playoffs last year by default Mr Football? Thats what you predicted last year with your hero Dalton leading the Cowboys.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why didnt we make the playoffs last year by default Mr Football? Thats what you predicted last year with your hero Dalton leading the Cowboys.

Mediocre teams make the playoffs all the time.

Mediocre teams can have a winning record too. Really good teams can have a bad record.

There is different context to different situations.. I shouldn’t have to explain that to you but here I am.

I shouldn’t have to explain to you why Dak and the greatest offense of all time had its numbers inflated.

But.. I know you don’t comprehend things like that very well and you just look at everything as it is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
lol.. People talk trash to me.. I never start it with them.. Like you speaking trash here when I’ve never said anything to you.. So don’t get upset when big man behind the keyboard says something back.

Cowboyroy is a little weirdo who is obsessed with my posts and follows me all over the forum like the little weirdo he is.
He’s a fact checker. And we butt heads sometimes too.

Everyone here is entitled to their opinion. The internet allows such hogwash from anyone. Some check it . Some ignore.

I usually ignore you but this is my thread so I’m calling it out . You come off like a Dak troll.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Correction. I didn’t say “ Super Bowl” contender. Just contender. There’s a difference. I spoke on this in responding to another fan . Sorry if I didn’t make that clearer in OP.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Why didn’t we make the playoffs last year. Our division wasn’t trash?

Sounds like you’re just spouting crap again. Crap with no specific meaning.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why didn’t we make the playoffs last year. Our division wasn’t trash?

Sounds like you’re just spouting crap again. Crap with no specific meaning.

We didn’t make the playoffs because we were a mediocre team that got decimated by injuries.

We weren’t good when healthy and we were more trash due to injuries.. Pretty simple stuff.

We started 1-3 and were a watermelon kick from 0-4 and struggling against a awful Giants team in week 5. The Cowboys were trash.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He’s a fact checker. And we butt heads sometimes too.

Everyone here is entitled to their opinion. The internet allows such hogwash from anyone. Some check it . Some ignore.

I usually ignore you but this is my thread so I’m calling it out . You come off like a Dak troll.

I agree.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He’s a weirdo that seeks me out from thread to thread even when ignored and says the same stupid thing after months of trying to explain it in a way that someone like him could understand.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We had a top offense last year with Dak and have secured our franchise QB and multiple weapons with a proven OL if it can stay healthy .

But what must improve is a defense which was statistically one of the worst in our franchise’s history

How much better does our defense need to be for this team to become more of a contender ? Will average be enough assuming our offense is top 5? Your thoughts !!

Fur sure. We just need our defence to be at least average, and I think our offense can carry us the rest of the way.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I hope we get our heads in the game at least, look at this fool

vwOFsh4.gif

Seeing that brings back memories *points to the scoreboard* I was at that game.