Are the Cowboys poised for a Superbowl run?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
K09M1Jl.gif
Shorty, although I’ve seen this meme a thousand times, it still makes me laugh, :laugh:

Chasing6

Reaction score
while i don't have a ton of confidence in the team overall, there's probably close to zero chance the D is mediocre
Against whom???

Against the bottom 1/3 of the league our defense we be outstanding.

Against the middle 1/3 third they will compete.

Against the top 1/3 the will get exploited.

Take a guess at what 1/3 makes the playoffs??!

Proof

Reaction score
Against whom???

Against the bottom 1/3 of the league our defense we be outstanding.

Against the middle 1/3 third they will compete.

Against the top 1/3 the will get exploited.

Take a guess at what 1/3 makes the playoffs??!
we'll see. mediocre and beaten in the playoffs are two different conversations though.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Anything is possible. As Bryan Broaduss says, "The NFL is a strange lady", but no, no I do not think the Dallas Cowboys are poised for a Super Bowl run.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It is, of course, possible. The NFL is weird. The Cowboys aren't built to consistently contend in the way that a team like KC or SF are.

I believe there is one way this team goes to the Super Bowl this season, and it involves 2 perfect storms -

1 - Prescott goes on a 2012 Flacco-esque tear in the playoffs, playing out of his mind while also getting incredibly lucky.

2 - The Zimmer defense is improved in the run game and just as good at rushing the QB and forcing turnovers. Micah, Diggs, and those boys need to have stellar seasons.

If those happen, sure, this team can make a Super Bowl.
I was hoping someone would talk in terms of probabilities as opposed to the feigned certainty.

The Natural

Reaction score
Asking if we are poised to make a SB run and if we can do it are two completely different questions.

Could we make a SB run? Sure. Its August, any team could in theory. Are we poised to do it? Absolutely not.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Yes they're poised for a Superbowl run. Just likenlast year.

They're also poised for a cataclysmic, publicly embarrassing, monumental playoff failure in the Wildcard Round. Just like last year.

Heeeerrreeeee we gooooooo !!!!!