Are the Cowboys starting to question David Irving's commitment?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I'm still hoping for something down the stretch from players like Irving, Austin, Taco and Lee. I get the frustration but there's still football to be played and games to be won. Right now I want as much talent available to me as possible, the offseason will be here soon enough but a more talented roster could delay its arrival.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'm still hoping for something down the stretch from players like Irving, Austin, Taco and Lee. I get the frustration but there's still football to be played and games to be won. Right now I want as much talent available to me as possible, the offseason will be here soon enough but a more talented roster could delay its arrival.

Pretty much given up on Irving. Taco? I have no idea if he can be a player. Maybe we can go after Harbaugh and bring him here from Michigan. Some how he lit fire under Taco's butt. Austin and Lee yep, have some hope there. Austin as a return guy and Lee as a "seen it, done it all" LB'er. Hey, Desmond Howard won a SB MVP once for his return ability and game breaking returns

John813

Reaction score
Absolutely shocked, I tell ya.

I remember him being so involved in TC/PS and how focused he was on football...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's face it -- the Cowboys already know the level of Irving's commitment. It's nothing to get excited about, to say the least. Nevertheless, he comes with a minimal financial commitment to sign him, due solely to his less than special level of dedication. Anyone with a pulse can see that Irving isn't a reliable guy to commit a generous contract to. The Dallas FO surely isn't brain-dead enough to be unaware of that truth. They'll be inclined to offer him a highly affordable contract at best or send him looking for greener pastures.

Hardline

Reaction score
Here comes the angry nerd mob yelling to cut him.

I love the logic that cutting him somehow improves the team.
You can't improve the team on the sidelines.
I'm improving the team as much as he is.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Given the fact that Jerry Jones has teased his debut for weeks and is now suddenly backing away from it, who knows.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The kid has an opportunity that few every get and it sure as hell looks like he plans on blowing it. One day when he is 30yrs old he will look back and say Boy did I F up. Hate to see that happen and with Jerry as the owner you really have to screw it up bigly to lose out in the end.

And yet that's exactly what he's doing. It's another version of Rolando McClain wasting his gifts on Purple Drank. And it's frustrating to watch people throw opportunity down the drain.

Verdict

Reaction score
Here comes the angry nerd mob yelling to cut him.

I love the logic that cutting him somehow improves the team.

Yeah. We also love the logic that we need to make excuses for him being an absolute brain donor. He's pretty much worthless. So yeah, he will most likely be gone at the end of this year. What a waste of skin he is. .

Verdict

Reaction score
Nick Eatman basically told anyone willing to listen that Irving was done 2 months ago. Can't believe some fans are still waiting for him to return. Jerry will dress it up as a good politician normally does.

The injury is not the reason he hasn't returned. I'm not sure why some fail to see this. Blindness?

Verdict

Reaction score
Cutting him would be crazy
Fixing him would create a talented player
The question is will he do his part to get fixed?

He he has really been balling the past few weeks. Beasting. At madden.

superonyx

Reaction score
Do you think Jimmy Johnson would have kept Irving on the team this long, while occupying an important spot on the 53 manned roster, if Irving had continued to refuse to show up and practice/play this late into the season?
I can't speak for Jimmy. If we are going to bring in some unemployed player that is taking this 'important' spot on the 53 then we are in more trouble than we want to admit.

So who are you signing?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I can't speak for Jimmy. If we are going to bring in some unemployed player that is taking this 'important' spot on the 53 then we are in more trouble than we want to admit.

So who are you signing?
Doing just fine without Irving, thankfully. Open roster spot frees up spot for an extra DB (CB Goodwin) or WR (Austin) headed into the playoffs.

I get what you're saying about Irving and why, especially since I have been a big supporter of his, but mental midgets/quitters can be destructive in the locker room and sidelines.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is what's good about having unreliable defensive lineman thrown in the mix like Gregory and Irving. We can pretty much keep these spot action players for cheap. But you have to accept the good and the bad. If these players were committed vets like Jason Witten we'd never be able to pay the entire defensive line.

Creeper

Reaction score
Love these guys who get the opportunity of a lifetime to play a professional sport but don't "love" it. So let me ask what David Irving is going to do for a living if its not football? I suppose he can flip burgers or mow lawns. But hee will never pull in the cash he does playing football. I suggest he talks to some guy who would love to play but either washed out or got injured and can't play anymore.

superonyx

Reaction score
Doing just fine without Irving, thankfully. Open roster spot frees up spot for an extra DB (CB Goodwin) or WR (Austin) headed into the playoffs.

I get what you're saying about Irving and why, especially since I have been a big supporter of his, but mental midgets/quitters can be destructive in the locker room and sidelines.
We have no evidence that he is a quitter or a mental midget. He may be both. I don’t know him. All we have is someone speculating based on a Jerry Jones voice inflection.

These nerds have taken every single mention of David Irving as a reason to yell Cut Him!!
The story can be completely made up and these keyboard tough guy GMs can’t wait to cut someone.