Are the Cowboys Super Bowl contenders?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
contender simply means you are good enough to make the playoffs and compete for a shot at the SB,,.. answer is yes

ill take trip to MIA even if its a loss..it can quiet the "we have not been to a SB is 25yrs"

finally making it to an NFCCG would be a step..talk about changing the culture, it would be an all new attitude in that locker room when they realize they are good enough to win it all..

Not me. I'd rather not make the playoffs then lose the sb. Biggest heartbreak possible.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes.

Need a little better D though, to make the contention factor stronger. I'm seriously thinking Quinn will make a monster of a difference. Maybe Hill also, not sure on that.

aria

Reaction score
Let’s see here...we’re 2-0, will likely be 3-0 late tomorrow...ur-uh...yeah...the Cowboys are contenders.
We may be contenders but being 3-0 after beating 3 of the 4 worst teams in the league and who also happen to be in the bottom five defensively is hardly an indicator. We’ll likely be 4-0 after playing the Breesless Saints who also happen to be in the bottom 5 defensively. Bring up the record in about another 6 weeks and that will be a better indicator.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the answer is yes then we have a problem.

Cowboys record in Super Bowls not in Miami is 5-0.

Cowboys record in Super Bowls played in Miami is 0-3.

This year? Miami.
I think a loss in the SB would be considered quite an achievement after missing the big show for 24 years.

Cowboys have never played a game in February.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Good news! Last night I had a vision while sleeping.
We won the Super Bowl!
We had to play New England in the first half and KC in the second, but we won!
Didn't help that Mahomes was doing the no look stuff and kept throwing to Jeff Heath who was voted MVP for his three pick sixes!

Relax, we got this one!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But to answer the question , yes.
We were last year too.

If you make it to divisional round you’re a contender being one game from playing for a ticket to SB.

The bigger question is are we a more serious contender this year. Time will tell.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I definitely think they're contenders to win the division. And if we get better definitely NFC Championship. Can we go there first

ShiningStar

Reaction score
werent the Cowboys 0-2 and went on a SB run?

no we are not SB contenders, Garrett wll keep proving this until the FO gets a brain cell.

and no, Stephen is not a savior to the organization, get that out of your head.

the culture needs to change before the team can win it.

kskboys

Reaction score
But to answer the question , yes.
We were last year too.

If you make it to divisional round you’re a contender being one game from playing for a ticket to SB.

The bigger question is are we a more serious contender this year. Time will tell.
I don't think we were good enough to be super bowl contenders last year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think we were good enough to be super bowl contenders last year.
I understand but if you’re one game away from playing for the right to go to SB then I’d argue you are a contender.

Like I said , we might be a more serious contender this year if these early indications continue.

kskboys

Reaction score
I understand but if your one game away from playing for the right to go to SB then I’d argue you are a contender.

Like I said , we might be a more serious contender this year if these early indications continue.
IMO, super bowl contention is strictly about having the right team together to beat everyone in your path. I do not believe we were good enough last year. Opinion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IMO, super bowl contention is strictly about having the right team together to beat everyone in your path. I do not believe we were good enough last year. Opinion.
Id agree with that.

But we came pretty close to playing for a championship. That could be a definition of a contender regardless if we think they were good enough or not to go all the way.

I’d argue anyone in final 8 is a contender. How serious a contender is another discussion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IMO a contender doesn’t have to be a team we think can win it all. It only has to be a team that can contend for Super Bowl.

Definition of contender” a person or group competing”.

Doesn’t have to be who we think can win it. Simply a team than can compete for it.

endersdragon

Reaction score
The answer is YES.

Here is my take:

Every other decade the Cowboys have won a SB. This is the last year of the 10's for Dallas to win.

1960's = no SB
1970's = 2 SB's
1980's = no SB
1990's = 3 SB's
2000's = no SB
2010's =????

2019 is the last year for Dallas to keep this string alive lol. Also, if this is to be true, Dallas will suck in the 2020's lol.
I would sorta rather break this trend and win 5 super bowls in the 20s...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If the answer is yes then we have a problem.

Cowboys record in Super Bowls not in Miami is 5-0.

Cowboys record in Super Bowls played in Miami is 0-3.

This year? Miami.
... Yer messing with my mind, man!!!! This bud is like ....
Ah. Blessings to all.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
ALL IS WELL!
ALL IS WELL!
THIS MIGHT BE DOLPHINS GIFT TO US.
TO SEE HOW GOOD WE ARE, CHAMPAGNE BLOKES!

Beaker42

Reaction score
Dude I agree! Win in Miami and in Blue Jerseys!

But the Commanders will still make us wear the Blue at their place.
Do the ‘skins always make us wear the blue at their place? If so, how can they do that?