Are the Cowboys Super Bowl contenders?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some people took this thread seriously. :muttley:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Currently, all that our Dallas Cowboys are is Super Bowl wannabees . . .
Hopefully, in due time, that great dream should actually materialize!!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
If the answer is yes then we have a problem.

Cowboys record in Super Bowls not in Miami is 5-0.

Cowboys record in Super Bowls played in Miami is 0-3.

This year? Miami.

Yes we will win the SB this year.

But when we play in that stadium. We unleash a hurricane against whatever afc opponent we may play. The legends of Michael Irvin and Jimmy Johnson..That is their college home.

The best way to merge the 90's to the present. :)

Flamma

Reaction score
Currently, all that our Dallas Cowboys are is Super Bowl wannabees . . .
Hopefully, in due time, that great dream should actually materialize!!:thumbup:

It was like that in '92 as well. At least for most of the players. That year had the same feel to it. You knew going in the team was good, but how good? I'll tell you right now, I was not confident going in to San Francisco.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
It was like that in '92 as well. At least for most of the players. That year had the same feel to it. You knew going in the team was good, but how good? I'll tell you right now, I was not confident going in to San Francisco.

Agreed Flamma. NOBODY had us beating SF. Magazine after magazine had predicted those 49ers wiping us out.

If I remember correctly. Jimmy Johnson even sensed this in the locker room.

Then came Jimmy Johnson's great psychology when he stated, "Put it in 4 inch headlines. WE WILL WIN".

Jimmy was a master of motivation!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
We beat the sorry arse Giants and the Skins and most likely a Miami team that is intentionally trying to lose every game.

Going 3-0 against these scrubs proves nothing to me...……..beat the Saints, Packers, and Eagles and then we can start talking about SB run.

Exactly. Until we face playoff caliber teams, then we will know the makeup of this team.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Exactly. Until we face playoff caliber teams, then we will know the makeup of this team.

The only playoff teams we played in the 1992 regular season were the Eagles and Commanders. Both were wild cards teams. We split with them and lost to an underdog (Rams).

1st 3 games of 1992:

W Commanders 23-10
W @NY Giants 34-28
W Phoenix Cardinals 31-20

1st 3 games of 2019

W NY Giants 35-17
W @ Commanders 31-21
? Dolphins ?-?

Similarities: Total score through the 1st 2 games:

1992: 57-38
2019: 66-38

I am measuring this team tomorrow. We do not want to underestimate any opponent.

jnday

Reaction score
Every single year when fans and Jerry has started talking Super Bowl, it has ended badly. It is a curse and all of us fans should avoid the topic entirely.

JayFord

Reaction score
Until this team can get past a divisional game ill never consider them SB contenders

idc if they go 16-0

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Until this team can get past a divisional game ill never consider them SB contenders

idc if they go 16-0
We can win 13 or 14 games and have a bye and I still wouldn't be confident with them. This team has to prove that they're different before I'll believe it. In the meantime I just enjoy the wins and hope for the best.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We beat the sorry arse Giants and the Skins and most likely a Miami team that is intentionally trying to lose every game.

Going 3-0 against these scrubs proves nothing to me...……..beat the Saints, Packers, and Eagles and then we can start talking about SB run.

Bold statement.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just find it a bit concerning that the Cowboys lost every game in Miami and are looking at either the Patriots or the Chiefs IF Dallas does get to the Super Bowl. Lets face it, it's one or the other.

This is the Jersey superstitious gambler coming out of you. Takes one to see one!

droopdog7

Reaction score
Probably half the league considers themselves contender right now