Are the eagles becoming Americas Team?

ESisback

Reaction score
Do you know why Dallas is called America’s Team? At the time, their QB was a literal 2x Super Bowl Champ, Heisman Trophy winning, Naval Officer who also happened to fight in the Vietnam War.

When another QB does that, yea, they’ll probably be called America’s Team but I don’t see that happening
No, an NFL Films announcer noticed Dallas fans everywhere, and labeled them “America’s Team”.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I’m aware of the NFL Films announcer coining the phrase, but you don’t think Staubach played a huge role in that?

ESisback

Reaction score
I’m aware of the NFL Films announcer coining the phrase, but you don’t think Staubach played a huge role in that?
How about both? Then there was the Star, the glitz and glamour, the all American name “Cowboys”. Over the years, add largest fanbase, most valuable franchise, highest winning percentage, all time leading rusher, TV ratings, etc., etc., and you’ve got the nickname.

Reaction score
They don’t stop winning and it sickens me. Eagles fans and their players are classless and give football fans a bad name!!!!! I was talking to a few eagles fans today and they told me they think the Eagles are the new Americas Team and it pissed me off. We need to win a superbowl to shut this fanbase up!!!! I had to leave work early because I felt that sick to my stomach!!!!
There's better things to do than get baited into foolish arguments. The America's Team label is non-transferrable, that ship has sailed.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Most popular, largest fanbase, team everyone thinks of when you say “NFL”…

MLB? Yankees
NBA? Lakers
NFL ?
Not even close to the Eagles. Cowboys are relevant if they are 0-16 or 16-0. No other team in the NFL is like this at all.

People seem to keep thinking this term means they are the best team in the NFL. It isn'r