Are the Rams now the favorite in the NFC?

NotForLong

Reaction score
With yesterday's signing of ODB and acquiring Von Miller the prior week, are the Rams the favorites to the NFC crowded class?

-They basically traded D. Jackson for ODB. Is there offense more explosive then the rest of the field? Probably not, but now are in the conversation. Still believe the Bucs have the best offense out of the 5, but it's real close. Each of the 5 teams are loaded on the offensive side of the football.

-Their Defense is star driven with Donald, Von Miller and Ramsey. Are they the best defense in the conference when all teams are healthy? Again, think the Bucs have the edge, especially if their secondary is healthy, but Rams are right up there. Now, the key word is healthy.

Taking off the Cowboy homer glasses, in my opinion, the Bucs maintain the favorites, but the Rams might be the next team right behind. Doesn't mean either team is unbeatable on a given day, but on paper they are the cream of the crop in the conference.
Yes

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I always trust your analysis.
pTWeAvg.gif

DandyDon52

Reaction score
With yesterday's signing of ODB and acquiring Von Miller the prior week, are the Rams the favorites to the NFC crowded class?

-They basically traded D. Jackson for ODB. Is there offense more explosive then the rest of the field? Probably not, but now are in the conversation. Still believe the Bucs have the best offense out of the 5, but it's real close. Each of the 5 teams are loaded on the offensive side of the football.

-Their Defense is star driven with Donald, Von Miller and Ramsey. Are they the best defense in the conference when all teams are healthy? Again, think the Bucs have the edge, especially if their secondary is healthy, but Rams are right up there. Now, the key word is healthy.

Taking off the Cowboy homer glasses, in my opinion, the Bucs maintain the favorites, but the Rams might be the next team right behind. Doesn't mean either team is unbeatable on a given day, but on paper they are the cream of the crop in the conference.
Well clearly they are making the push this season, they want to win now and are going all out getting players. I give them kudo's for that.

they added 2 name players, but it just depends on how they do, if they do good, then it could help them get to a SB.

Right now TB is front runner, but Rams ,Ariz, GB, and the cowboys are the top 5 contenders for nfc.
Pretty sure one of those 5 are going to be nfc champs this season.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
has stafford ever won a playoff game? I dont think he has.
Man it would be bad for him if they were one and done.
I kinda hope he wins one just to get that off his back.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Well clearly they are making the push this season, they want to win now and are going all out getting players. I give them kudo's for that.

they added 2 name players, but it just depends on how they do, if they do good, then it could help them get to a SB.

Right now TB is front runner, but Rams ,Ariz, GB, and the cowboys are the top 5 contenders for nfc.
Pretty sure one of those 5 are going to be nfc champs this season.
I agree Bucs are the favorite and it’s a 5 team race for the conference

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think the Rams are the most complete team. Arizona is perhaps the scariest when they are playing at their ceiling. The Bucs are stout and savvy across the board. And the Packers are always a factor with Rodgers in the mix.

Dallas? If healthy, our offense can be tops in the league. The defense will remain a question mark until we get D Law, Gregory, Gallimore, and Parsons all on the field together. But taken as a whole— I would put Dallas at no higher than 3rd best team in the NFC. We will see where things sit as we head into Dec— and the good news is that Dallas has not peaked yet
Hopefully we will get all the defensive players back for the stretch run. Not sure how good our defense will be

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Current NFC playoff standings:
1st - Cards @ 8-1
2nd - Pack @ 7-2
3rd - Bucs @ 6-2
4th - Boys @ 6-2
5th - Rams @ 7-2
Of those top five teams -- the Bucs are the only one with two conference losses.
Still half of the season to be played- 8 or 9 games left for all five.
Conference and head to head records will be important getting that top seed, where you only have to play 2 games

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I won't waste my time paying attention to that dumpster fire. He is who he is. We've seen players like this before. They go from team to team obliterating each locker room because they only care about themself. The Rams are so dumb for doing this but they did it to themself.
Brown has worked out with the Bucs, it’s possible Odb does the same

rambo2

Reaction score
We have no shot against any of them with this defense...it's the same damn story every year...smith or martin get hurt,we collapse...we can't stop the run consistently,we barely have a pass rush but we somehow expect the team to overcome that and be sb contenders...it's like groundhog day.
The Cowboys have as good a shot as any team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Good question.

I would have said yes a week ago, but that was before the Derrick Henry less Titans kicked their arse up and down the field all game.

If you get taken to the woodshed by the Titans and 47 yr old Adrian Peterson, hard for me to call you the best in the Conference.

plymkr

Reaction score
I had to laugh a few days ago when some of the talking heads on the NFL Network, James Jones and Willie McGinest were blaming everyone but OBJ for his issues. They were blaming the Giants for why things didn’t work out in New York and they were putting the blame on Baker Mayfield and the Browns head coach for why things didn’t work out for OBJ in Cleveland. MJ Acosta the host took exception saying OBJ had a hand in it. Willie McGinest then said yeah, OBJ is to blame some. Lol They weren’t blaming him at all!
He'll be a distraction in a month from now and hurt their chances. I can't for the life of me figure why Dez got tore up by the talking heads but OBJ gets a pass. Baffling. Dez had his moments but he was nothing close to OBJ. I'd take Dez in his prime over OBJ in his prime cuz Dez was passionate but not a locker room cancer.

cristglo

Reaction score
Its all going to depend on how the Cowboys respond after laying an egg. Two weeks ago we were the talk of being #1. lol
If they come out and play stout especially with the players that are out we are back in the talk. We come out and lay an egg again at home could be another one and done.
Until last week we have been pretty impressive and I would put us up against anyone. The defense was holding without key players. Hopefully Next week this defense starts balling.
It all starts this Sunday.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Good question.

I would have said yes a week ago, but that was before the Derrick Henry less Titans kicked their arse up and down the field all game.

If you get taken to the woodshed by the Titans and 47 yr old Adrian Peterson, hard for me to call you the best in the Conference.
Last week was a very strange week where many good teams had their struggles. Rams are 1-1 against the so called top 5 in the conference. Perfect world, the Cowboys get at least the 3 seed and let someone else deal with the Rams or the Cardinals in the wildcard rd.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think we can win a home playoff game, but will be very difficult to win two road games against these teams. Believe we are up in coming, like the Cardinals, where the other three are Super Bowl or bust this season. I think you are right, most likely a 3 or 4 seed.
Cardinals have a better defense and could prove to be the difference in the playoffs. Great offenses and QB’s can provide favorable regular season results as most opponents are average to below average.

But the playoffs presents the best of the best and a greater defense often separates them. And a big factor in why we haven’t had more success this era in playoffs.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Cardinals have a better defense and could prove to be the difference in the playoffs.

Great offenses can provide favorable regular season results as most opponents are average to below average. But the playoffs presents the best of the best and a greater defense often separates them. And a big factor in why we haven’t had more success this era in playoffs.
I agree, which is why I see the Cowboys on the bottom tier and maybe still a year away from truly contending.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree, which is why I see the Cowboys on the bottom tier and maybe still a year away from truly contending.
The better our defense becomes will uplift us closer to serious contention .

The fact our defense was creating turnovers and improved early on was a big part of our success this year and why the positive vibe.

We wondered what our defense might look like without turnovers. We had a glimpse last week.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The better our defense becomes will uplift us closer to serious contention .

The fact our defense was creating turnovers and improved early on was a big part of our success this year and why the positive vibe.
We have to get everyone back healthy first along our DL to see how much they really are improved. Think we are probably another offseason away from rebuilding our defense.