Are there any bad / mediocre QBs with comparable numbers to Dak?

Proof

Reaction score
i understand stats aren’t everything, and my eye test tells me that Dak isn’t a top ten guy, but as much as his stats (wins, tds, completion pct, qbr etc) get discounted when compared to the accepted franchise guys can any of the lower tier guys compare? Is there a bad qb thst has good numbers to point to?

I’m just curious. Because I’m starting to believe that despite his warts, Dak is a uniquely valuable guy.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
i understand stats aren’t everything, and my eye test tells me that Dak isn’t a top ten guy, but as much as his stats (wins, tds, completion pct, qbr etc) get discounted when compared to the accepted franchise guys can any of the lower tier guys compare? Is there a bad qb thst has good numbers to point to?

I’m just curious. Because I’m starting to believe that despite his warts, Dak is a uniquely valuable guy.
:clap:
Man it's all about rallying around our guys (all 53) for this big playoff run.

tm1119

Reaction score
Are there other mediocre QB’s with a QBR around 53? Why yes there are, Cam newton, Blake Bortles, Marcus Mariota, Derek Carr, Joe Flacco....Dak is in that same group.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I agree.

He is a very different QB than we are used to.

Give it time and some healthy players in front of him.

blueblood70

Reaction score

most QBs ranked 15-32 yes..it happens the elite to high 2nd tier guys arent the norm..being Average can be won with, I get the why some just hammer the hate on Dak but in reality, hes not bad..the issue is how much will Jerry pay him..if he gets paid under 25 20-25 going rate for starter with winning records, and front loaded incentives etc we wont be in cap hell, wi can live with that..If Jerry goes full ******, pays him 27-30 mil we are in trouble..big trouble because we need more money to help Dak succeed with skill players, you cant blow the cap on guy who only deserves less..thats the holdout for me, lets see how JJ and the FO sees him money wise..Im betting the Vikings are having some regrets in not keeping their old average QB at 18mil and instead of paying Cousins to not do any better, actually in some ways worse..i dont want that regret.. Alex smith type contract or less is Daks wheel house and fair.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Is there a bad qb thst has good numbers to point to?

I don't have an example of that, but Dak's game is similar to Steve McNair. Mobile, field general type, good leadership.

McNair only had six starts in his first two seasons, then had ratings in his first four years starting of 70, 80, 78 and 83. McNair was a third overall draft choice who played in three Pro Bowls.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
most QBs ranked 15-32 yes..it happens the elite to high 2nd tier guys arent the norm..being Average can be won with, I get the why some just hammer the hate on Dak but in reality, hes not bad..the issue is how much will Jerry pay him..if he gets paid under 25 20-25 going rate for starter with winning records, and front loaded incentives etc we wont be in cap hell, wi can live with that..If Jerry goes full ******, pays him 27-30 mil we are in trouble..big trouble because we need more money to help Dak succeed with skill players, you cant blow the cap on guy who only deserves less..thats the holdout for me, lets see how JJ and the FO sees him money wise..Im betting the Vikings are having some regrets in not keeping their old average QB at 18mil and instead of paying Cousins to not do any better, actually in some ways worse..i dont want that regret.. Alex smith type contract or less is Daks wheel house and fair.
Pay the man.

DAK knows how this works.

Money has to go to others if he wants to win.

It will be fine.

This guy is fiercely loyal to this team..

it will be fine.

Mookie

Reaction score
You can plug in an average quarterback to replace Dak's production. That's why we let him walk. Worst case scenario we get someone that can do what he's done, (Ryan Tannehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc) best case scenario we end up with a better option.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
You can plug in an average quarterback to replace Dak's production. That's why we let him walk. Worst case scenario we get someone that can do what he's done, (Ryan Tannehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc) best case scenario we end up with a better option.
Pretty much any QB could average 233 yards a game. Most would not have 12 fumbles.

That’s why we won so many games with a thousand yard back in 2015 right? Because any QB can do what dak does, including being 2nd in the league in wins since he’s become a pro right?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't have an example of that, but Dak's game is similar to Steve McNair. Mobile, field general type, good leadership.

McNair only had six starts in his first two seasons, then had ratings in his first four years starting of 70, 80, 78 and 83. McNair was a third overall draft choice who played in three Pro Bowls.
He was called AIR. McNair for a reason. ,ets see... dak would be called......dak the diesel?......

slomoxn

Reaction score
Dak has the spirit of a winner, he is a winner and highly competitive; that’s what makes him good. He also has a lot of work to do and doesn’t have the ability to do a lot of things right now, it’s what makes him a mediocre QB. Troy pointed it out yesterday.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak homer, but the whole "anybody can do what he does" thing that people vomit is a joke.

you have a point .Dak is out there not to lose the game but there are several starting QBs in this league who are worse than him.Its for Jerry to decide if he wants this game manager for the next 5 years with barely any improvement in his game in 3 years/