Are there any bad / mediocre QBs with comparable numbers to Dak?

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak homer, but the whole "anybody can do what he does" thing that people vomit is a joke.

Yeah they quickly forgot the stretch we had after Romo went down a few seasons ago.

Dak has some warts we all know that. But isn't it funny to be so negative on the dude after three seasons in two of which he made the playoffs?

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I don't have an example of that, but Dak's game is similar to Steve McNair. Mobile, field general type, good leadership.

McNair only had six starts in his first two seasons, then had ratings in his first four years starting of 70, 80, 78 and 83. McNair was a third overall draft choice who played in three Pro Bowls.
I agree. Dak has always reminded me of McNair.

basilhayden

Reaction score
You can plug in an average quarterback to replace Dak's production. That's why we let him walk. Worst case scenario we get someone that can do what he's done, (Ryan Tannehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc) best case scenario we end up with a better option.

How much do we pay the replacement?
How old is he?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo did. Worse yet, he had his back to the end zone...
Romo’s fumbles and sacks were never his fault though. It was always the offensive lines fault.

Interceptions were always the receivers fault.

Romo was the perfect QB. We had a team with no QB before and after but never had a team with Romo. He was like a magician, when Romo stepped on the field the team disappeared and it was Romo vs the world. He could carry the franchise to mediocrity like nobody else could.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i understand stats aren’t everything, and my eye test tells me that Dak isn’t a top ten guy, but as much as his stats (wins, tds, completion pct, qbr etc) get discounted when compared to the accepted franchise guys can any of the lower tier guys compare? Is there a bad qb thst has good numbers to point to?

I’m just curious. Because I’m starting to believe that despite his warts, Dak is a uniquely valuable guy.

Winston is a guy that has lots of stats, but doesnt have IT.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You can plug in an average quarterback to replace Dak's production. That's why we let him walk. Worst case scenario we get someone that can do what he's done, (Ryan Tannehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc) best case scenario we end up with a better option.
Thats not even close to the worst case lmao and what has Tannehill done(in his twice as many seasons) that Dak has done?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Look at more than the numbers. Footwork accuracy pocket awareness, those are the things you judge a bad/mediocre quarterback by

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I guess this sort of underscores my point. Dak is maligned, and you'd 'take Dalton in a heartbeat' yet their ypg are identical this year, while Dak's completion pct and qbr are significantly higher. In fact, two of Daks three seasons would be be career best completion pct's for Dalton. Not to mention Andy has had the luxury of throwing to AJ Green his entire career. Dalton also has a season with only 5 less picks than Daks thrown in his career lol

Dalton is a good passer if he is given plenty of time and great weapons. But he cant use his legs and when it comes to leadership and the intangibles, he falls short.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i understand stats aren’t everything, and my eye test tells me that Dak isn’t a top ten guy, but as much as his stats (wins, tds, completion pct, qbr etc) get discounted when compared to the accepted franchise guys can any of the lower tier guys compare? Is there a bad qb thst has good numbers to point to?

I’m just curious. Because I’m starting to believe that despite his warts, Dak is a uniquely valuable guy.

If you are going to compare apple to apples then take each QB's worst year and compare that to Dak THIS year.

With a horrid Oline and lack of pass catchers, its rather dumb to take THIS year and compare. Unless of course you have an agenda.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Spotrac.com has a market value calculator based purely off stats of similiar players. They concluded Dak was worth $24.4M annually based off his, which doesnt include W/L.

His most comparables:
1. Alex Smith
2. Bortles
3. Rodgers
4. Wilson
5. Carr

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you have a point .Dak is out there not to lose the game but there are several starting QBs in this league who are worse than him.Its for Jerry to decide if he wants this game manager for the next 5 years with barely any improvement in his game in 3 years/

top 5 defense in a run first offense with Zeke. QB is in his 3rd year.

Yah, we need a QB to manage the game and win it in the clutch when needed. Be the leader and emotional strength of this team.

If you spit that formula into QB turnstile it would spit out Dak Prescott. Fix the Oline and you have yourself a contender for the next 2 or 3 years.

Proof

Reaction score
If you are going to compare apple to apples then take each QB's worst year and compare that to Dak THIS year.

With a horrid Oline and lack of pass catchers, its rather dumb to take THIS year and compare. Unless of course you have an agenda.

Weird post as I really didn’t make any specific comparisons. Also because this year as we wrap things up is in line with his others with more ypg (surprisingly ) and best completion pct.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Weird post as I really didn’t make any specific comparisons. Also because this year as we wrap things up is in line with his others with more ypg (surprisingly ) and best completion pct.

Its just a point. You are taking Daks worst year as a QB and using that to compare him to other QB's. Unless you are going to compare him this year to other QB's with bad Olines and lack of receiving weapons.

Taking selective stats without the others such as YPG only shows an agenda, nothing more.

Proof

Reaction score
Its just a point. You are taking Daks worst year as a QB and using that to compare him to other QB's. Unless you are going to compare him this year to other QB's with bad Olines and lack of receiving weapons.

Taking selective stats without the others such as YPG only shows an agenda, nothing more.

Huh? Again. I’m not comparing a year. What are you talking about?

As far as ypg, I just mentioned it because it jumped out at me after everyone harped on Daks sub 200 games this year and it is ending up the most yards he’s thrown for.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Huh? Again. I’m not comparing a year. What are you talking about?

As far as ypg, I just mentioned it because it jumped out at me after everyone harped on Daks sub 200 games this year and it is ending up the most yards he’s thrown for.

Are you NOT asking people to compare Daks stats this year to other QB's with similar stats THIS year?