Are we being too hard on Dak after the 49ers?

blueblood70

Reaction score
We got the ball back just like last year with 3 minutes and 3 TO’s a didn’t gain one yard………
right, dak was the entire reason. the other 10 players and the oc and HC had nothing to do with it.hmm odd

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, because when he's playing the best D, he has to have ball protection as the #1 priority, no additional possessions for them. They thrive off that.

However, it was a team loss even though he is taking 100% of the blame.

Flamma

Reaction score
The 49ers defense was ranked #1 in the entire league.

Probably the best front 7.

However, I don't believe fans are being too hard on him.

The interceptions were more of poor decision making on Dak's part than the defense making a play.

Take away those 2 ints and that would've probably made the game a lot closer and could have changed the outcome to a Dallas win. He's being paid $40 million a year.

The loss is 100% on Dak.
No. We're not being too hard on Dak. Guys like PAPPYDOG seen this coming years ago. But our front office doesn't help matters any.

NotForLong

Reaction score
YES
all the dak hate anyone realize how much worse it can BE? like searching for qb for decade like we have, and other teams have? 13 qbs used after Aikman before Romo...

how about this,
Dak when starting and finishing a season upright and healthy hes gone to the payoffs 4 of 6 years. i didn't check other stats but oi dont believe hes been on a losing record team in that scenario 2017/2019 no playoffs...

seems how this puts Dak supporter VS those that say he sux without much middle ground but if that record says a player sux this league is mostly full of terrible qbs.

the 4 playoffs losses all under 8 points with legitimate other team issues

its team game for sure

qbs should not be held responsible for the wins or losses, alone..

2016 GB game he and ouir offense played GREAT, lost to rogers because of our defense-rookie of the year and plays lie that 13-3 11 game win streak, you know like Purdy with a defense.
2018-rams game once again OL no run game, and the defense gives up 250yards rushing , sure that on Dak.. right he should make huge pays without help
2021- 14 penalties 11 on the OL and took back huge plays, top etc etc right on Dak
2022- carbon copy of the 21 9er game NO RUN Game , POOR OL pass protection, Gallup being pushed off his route for an INT & make zero effort to go break it up, shcultz last drive 2 mistakes , diggs had an opportunity to be elite and made neither big play but Dak makes few mistakes and is blamed for a 7 point loss... sure all Dak

Is it me or Does Romo have twice as many fans here now then he had when he was playing. hypocrites talked about him the same way..Im fan of both so no bias similar tier player blamed for all failures, even though many were team losses.
:facepalm: . . .Total Cringe

NotForLong

Reaction score
No. We're not being too hard on Dak. Guys like PAPPYDOG seen this coming years ago. But our front office doesn't help matters any.
He was a Fan Favorite. . . What would you have Jerry do? . . . I was right there with @PAPPYDOG all this time watching all the crazed delusional fans fight for him . . . It was always personal. A sick sick obsession . . .

It was as obvious as the back of your hand . . We always use to say "Look you can see it" and they would come back with the . . . "Oh the Eye Test . . . But the NFL experts say this and the stats say that" a big joke

Now everyone wants to blame Jerry. . . The Dak Fanatics screamed and cried for it. . . . The Whole time rubbing our noses in it (like they were winning something) when He got that contract I felt dejected and there were people rubbing my nose in it

Even now they like to say "There is nothing you can do . . . live with it . . . Stuck with him"

Now we have a generational talent and this year NFC was week and for the taking . . . we should be playing this week . . . Micah should be getting ready right now to further cement His legacy . . . but No all we got are promises from Dak

The Fan Boys are the reason for this . . . their undying Loyalty to Prescott convinced Jerry that He was good enough

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No, he now has a massive hit towards the cap, you simply can not be a moajor problem in big games when your paid to make up for problems your cap hit causes. It only gets harder from here for him as his money hits the bottom line.

Flamma

Reaction score
He was a Fan Favorite. . . What would you have Jerry do? . . . I was right there with @PAPPYDOG all this time watching all the crazed delusional fans fight for him . . . It was always personal. A sick sick obsession . . .

It was as obvious as the back of your hand . . We always use to say "Look you can see it" and they would come back with the . . . "Oh the Eye Test . . . But the NFL experts say this and the stats say that" a big joke

Now everyone wants to blame Jerry. . . The Dak Fanatics screamed and cried for it. . . . The Whole time rubbing our noses in it (like they were winning something) when He got that contract I felt dejected and there were people rubbing my nose in it

Even now they like to say "There is nothing you can do . . . live with it . . . Stuck with him"

Now we have a generational talent and this year NFC was week and for the taking . . . we should be playing this week . . . Micah should be getting ready right now to further cement His legacy . . . but No all we got are promises from Dak

The Fan Boys are the reason for this . . . their undying Loyalty to Prescott convinced Jerry that He was good enough
I always laughed when someone mocked the eye test over statistics. Not much can be said about people that refuse what they see. It's like catching your wife in bed with another man, but since she's been loyal for so many years, it's obvious they're just sleeping and not doing anything else. The stats say so.

Ken

Reaction score
Eh, yes and no.

Dak didn't play well. The INTs were awful and might've cost us the game.

But most QBs don't play well on the road vs the #1 defense in football, and especially with zero run game.

See Josh Allen vs the Bengals. And Josh is better than Dak, and the Bengals D isn't as good as the 49ers D.

If you look at the 4 teams that are playing this weekend, 3 of them have clearly better weapons than Dallas did, and the 4th team has Patrick Mahomes.

The teams that are "supposed" to be playing this weekend are playing this weekend. If we're being realistic with ourselves, Dallas lost a game they were supposed to lose.

A better QB or better weapons could've changed that, and it's easier to get better weapons than it is to upgrade from Dak at QB.
With the Chiefs...I'm not sure their weapons aren't still better than ours. We don't have a HOF level weapon like they have. Their 2-5 wr's are better than ours.

Their OL is at least on par with our but probably better.

Pollard is better but their 2-3 rb's are better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The 49ers defense was ranked #1 in the entire league.

Probably the best front 7.

However, I don't believe fans are being too hard on him.

The interceptions were more of poor decision making on Dak's part than the defense making a play.

Take away those 2 ints and that would've probably made the game a lot closer and could have changed the outcome to a Dallas win. He's being paid $40 million a year.

The loss is 100% on Dak.
40 % dak is more realistic.

40% dak
10% kicker
30% pollard injury
20% D dropping two easy picks and caving in 4th

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
YES
all the dak hate anyone realize how much worse it can BE? like searching for qb for decade like we have, and other teams have? 13 qbs used after Aikman before Romo...

how about this,
Dak when starting and finishing a season upright and healthy hes gone to the payoffs 4 of 6 years. i didn't check other stats but oi dont believe hes been on a losing record team in that scenario 2017/2019 no playoffs...

seems how this puts Dak supporter VS those that say he sux without much middle ground but if that record says a player sux this league is mostly full of terrible qbs.

the 4 playoffs losses all under 8 points with legitimate other team issues

its team game for sure

qbs should not be held responsible for the wins or losses, alone..

2016 GB game he and ouir offense played GREAT, lost to rogers because of our defense-rookie of the year and plays lie that 13-3 11 game win streak, you know like Purdy with a defense.
2018-rams game once again OL no run game, and the defense gives up 250yards rushing , sure that on Dak.. right he should make huge pays without help
2021- 14 penalties 11 on the OL and took back huge plays, top etc etc right on Dak
2022- carbon copy of the 21 9er game NO RUN Game , POOR OL pass protection, Gallup being pushed off his route for an INT & make zero effort to go break it up, shcultz last drive 2 mistakes , diggs had an opportunity to be elite and made neither big play but Dak makes few mistakes and is blamed for a 7 point loss... sure all Dak

Is it me or Does Romo have twice as many fans here now then he had when he was playing. hypocrites talked about him the same way..Im fan of both so no bias similar tier player blamed for all failures, even though many were team losses.
The ceiling isn't getting to the playoffs. It is getting to the NFCE championship game. He gets the smoke because they wrote him a check he gladly cashed.

I'm ready for the carousel. Anything is better than Dak's inconsistency.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The ceiling isn't getting to the playoffs. It is getting to the NFCE championship game. He gets the smoke because they wrote him a check he gladly cashed.

I'm ready for the carousel. Anything is better than Dak's inconsistency.
Ooh we can do way worse at QB, We have done it before and we can do it again.

flyinghorse

Reaction score
Prescotts Last 2 Seasons:
2 Very Serious Injuries (Possibly Career Ending)
Both Required Surgery/ Surgeries
Both Injuries Crucial To His Position
Both Causing Him To Miss Many Weeks Of Playing
Both Requiring Rehab
ARE WE BEING TO HARD ON DAK???
HELL NO….GET OUT THERE AND WIN US A SUPER BOWL YOU DAMN WUSSY!!
RUN ON ONE FOOT….PUT A SKATE ON THAT CROOKED CLUB FOOT OF YOURS….
STOP TAKING SO MUCH TIME OFF WITH THESE INJURIES MAN!! SIX WEEKS WITH A SURGICALLY REPAIRED BROKEN THUMB ON YOUR THROWING HAND??!!! RIDICULOUS!!! 2 WEEKS TOPS SHOULD BE PLENTY OF TIME TO DEVELOP THROWING SKILLS WITH YOUR LEFT HAND.
LOOK MAN WE’RE NOT ASKING MUCH FROM YOU……JUST WIN US A SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR!!
ALL THE OTHER QB’s HAVE WON ONE.
WHATS YOUR PROBLEM DUDE??
SO YOU HURT YOUR FOOTSY AND YOU HURT YOUR LITTLE THUMB……HELL MAN, 90% OF US FANS HAVE HURT OUR THUMBS & FEET TOO!!! I HIT MY THUMB WITH A HAMMER LAST SUMMER AND IT TURNED 10 SHADES OF PURPLE.
3 Days Off & I’m Back At Work. DAMN MAN, Don’t You Know, IF YOUR GONNA PLAY IN THE BIG LEAGUE….YOU GOTTA PLAY HURT.
THE ONLY THING WE EXPECT FROM YOU IS TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY INJURIES YOU HAVE IN A SEASON
AND REGARDLESS OF HOW SERIOUS THEY ARE
AND REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY GAMES YOU MISS
IS THAT REALLY ASKING TOO MUCH??