Are we going to be able to build a super bowl contender w/ Jayon and LVE?

kskboys

Reaction score
I think his injury history is a convenient excuse. His struggles this year weren't physical and I also don't think they were all on him. It's hard to play MLB behind two gapping guys who suck at their job. Even Ray Lewis struggled in the years between Adams/Siragusa and Ngata.

When his linemen weren't getting blown up in front of him he struggled making the correct read. LVE struggled with his reads in the new scheme, too. That's why I think we'll see improvement this year. They're going back to a simpler scheme designed for them to play fast, just like they had in 2018 when they were being projected as one of the better LB corps in the league.
I don't think LVE will ever consistently stay healthy.

Man, I hope you're right about Jaylon, but I see too many problems cutting and planting.

kskboys

Reaction score
except he’s the best defensive player we have.
Not close. DLaw is our best D player. I can't even tell you who's 2nd at this point, prolly AWoods.

Gregory might be 2nd, and could move up to first. Galley and Diggs both on the way up. Don Wilson is better than Jaylon.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I don't think LVE will ever consistently stay healthy.

Man, I hope you're right about Jaylon, but I see too many problems cutting and planting.

We'll find out this year. *fingers crossed

Haimerej

Reaction score
Not close. DLaw is our best D player. I can't even tell you who's 2nd at this point, prolly AWoods.

Gregory might be 2nd, and could move up to first. Galley and Diggs both on the way up. Don Wilson is better than Jaylon.

AWoods had a really bad year. I think it was a tie between he and Crawford who struggled the most playing head up.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

except the stats say otherwise.

he has 80+ more tackles than Wilson, who is 2nd on the team.

Jaylon is a tackling machine.

robertfchew

Reaction score

all I ever see is him coming to the tackle late like after the dude is 5 yards or more past the los. how many tfl's does he have? that would tell you if someone is a tackling machine

kskboys

Reaction score

Hold it. You're comparing a MLB to a S/DE using tackle numbers?

Just tell me you're joking.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Question: Does anybody think Jaylon or LVE is a dawg?

The middle of the Cowboys defense is fragile and punch drunk. They have to bring in an anchor at NT first and foremost...then they need a true MLB, and last an enforcer at SS. Also a 3T is in order for the middle too. Nothing I saw from Gallimore or Hill would stop me from signing/drafting anyone.

Two cents: Jaylon and LVE aren't tough enough to be MLB...they WILL backers.
Dawgs? On our team...nah not really. I still remember when the offense pretended they aint see Bostic maul Andy Dalton. The culture in Dallas isn't a dawg culture unfortunately. We got a bunch of "I believe I'm a star because I wear the Star" type... not many dawgs. Hopefully DQ values that and we can infuse some into this team.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dawgs? On our team...nah not really. I still remember when the offense pretended they aint see Bostic maul Andy Dalton. The culture in Dallas isn't a dawg culture unfortunately. We got a bunch of "I believe I'm a star because I wear the Star" type... not many dawgs. Hopefully DQ values that and we can infuse some into this team.
:clap:agreed well said.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Possible, don't know.

W/ Jaylon, it's not the D, it's the fact that his leg has robbed him of superior athleticism, and he has major issues w/ burst, lateral agility, and burst out of the breaks(Plant and go). I don't see those things going away. If he's going to heal completely, he should be further along at this point.

The leg *regressed* starting early 2019. In 2020, we saw his behavioral adjustments to that regression. That's why he seems to do weird things at times - because he can't do the normal things.

It's 6 years after the original injury? 2 years after the regression began? The trajectory has been in the wrong direction, and for a long time. It's *possible* the leg heals up. But the team should move on unless they have concrete reasons to *expect* that it will.

Haimerej

Reaction score
The leg *regressed* starting early 2019. In 2020, we saw his behavioral adjustments to that regression. That's why he seems to do weird things at times - because he can't do the normal things.

It's 6 years after the original injury? 2 years after the regression began? The trajectory has been in the wrong direction, and for a long time. It's *possible* the leg heals up. But the team should move on unless they have concrete reasons to *expect* that it will.

Why are you so convinced the leg regressed?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Why are you so convinced the leg regressed?

Watching him during the year. Early on, I noticed a slight hitch in his gait. It got bigger. He got slower. I watched him in slo mo trying to break down and cut, and he just couldn't plant sometimes. Sometimes it was literal drop foot, where his toe would catch on the turf. Started to notice that he would be blown back at time like 10 yards when he needed to dig and anchor.

Watch Jaylon get completely stonewalled by the first heavy bag of the Gridiron Gauntlet Pro Bowl 2020 - You actually have to push 3 bags and he couldn't push one. Goto 43 seconds. Once you see when he's visible, rewind and put it to highest resolution and slowest speed you've got. He's tip tapping his left leg instead of driving. The foot dropped and dragged twice. Jaylon ain't right.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

He’s able to make 154 tackles.

is that “normal” enough?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Watching him during the year. Early on, I noticed a slight hitch in his gait. It got bigger. He got slower. I watched him in slo mo trying to break down and cut, and he just couldn't plant sometimes. Sometimes it was literal drop foot, where his toe would catch on the turf. Started to notice that he would be blown back at time like 10 yards when he needed to dig and anchor.

Watch Jaylon get completely stonewalled by the first heavy bag of the Gridiron Gauntlet Pro Bowl 2020 - You actually have to push 3 bags and he couldn't push one. Goto 43 seconds. Once you see when he's visible, rewind and put it to highest resolution and slowest speed you've got. He's tip tapping his left leg instead of driving. The foot dropped and dragged twice. Jaylon ain't right.

154 tackles on one leg? 8/

what could he do with two legs????

DuncanIso

Reaction score

I could include sacks, PDs, QB hits, and TDs scored.

but Tackles are easier. He has the most.

by a lot.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They both have played better than last season. Injuries are really the main issue I have. And we dumped Nolan, so I expect a better turnout. We can't replace every defender.