Are we good at safety? or if not, Bring in two former 1st rounders in

LittleD

Reaction score
Reid and/or Vaccaro

I get what Reid has done is volatile with owners, however in a different building he has moved past it; on Mar 22, 2018. The fans will take him at his word. Reid and Vaccaro are two players that could improve the defense and limit the use of players that don’t have the elite skill-set. I am worried about Kavon and Heath, can they do it?

Guys, I want to win a Superbowl and this aggressiveness will solidify a need that was not addressed in free agency nor the draft. I say bring in Reid and/or Vaccaro for OTAs and see if they are a fit. Team friendly terms with incentives. I know you like it.

Doesn't matter a hoot what you want. The Dallas FO and especially McClain does not think these FA safeties are worth the money they are
asking for. We are going to see what we have with Xavier and the UDFA's we brought in first. If we need a safety look for the FO to add
on sometime during TC.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
reid just filed a lawsuit against the nfl so unfortunately thats not going to happen....wouldn't hurt to bring vaccaro. im really confused on that one. we wanted to draft him, tried to trade for him last year, and now nothing?

rags747

Reaction score
Reid stinks, absolutely rather have Heath and Frazier. There's a reason SF got rid of him, not focused and can't play safety.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I see FS and to a lesser extent DT as the 2 areas of concern on defense. It appears 2nd year player Woods will be penciled in as the starter heading into camp.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Reid is showin his ***. He essentially just guaranteed he never plays in the NFL again. Someone needs to tell him he isn't a good player.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I doubt they will sign anyone before May 12th at this point because they would risk giving up the 4th round comp pick they get for Anthony Hitchens signing with the Chiefs.

Having said that, Reid and Vaccaro are a bad fit here. They are both considered more Strong Safety than Free Safety and Dallas has never seemed to place much emphasis on that position since Rod has been the D-Coordinator. Tre Boston might be of interest to the team if he would sign for a team friendly deal, but he seriously bombed in Carolina before his one good season with the Chargers. Risky signing.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Reid and/or Vaccaro

I get what Reid has done is volatile with owners, however in a different building he has moved past it; on Mar 22, 2018. The fans will take him at his word. Reid and Vaccaro are two players that could improve the defense and limit the use of players that don’t have the elite skill-set. I am worried about Kavon and Heath, can they do it?

Guys, I want to win a Superbowl and this aggressiveness will solidify a need that was not addressed in free agency nor the draft. I say bring in Reid and/or Vaccaro for OTAs and see if they are a fit. Team friendly terms with incentives. I know you like it.
Think we all want another Super Bowl but bringing in those two guys doesn't really solve the problem. Dallas needs a true free safety and Woods is the best we have. Earl Thomas would be great but probably 50-50 at best on us obtaining him. Believe we need to rely on Coach Richard to develop one or make one out of the UDFA guys we signed. Per Dallas, those DB types we signed were the ones he wanted, so we will see. My bet would be that Kelly CB/S out of San Diego State stands a good chance of being a standout FS but time will tell.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Reid won’t be here for obvious reasons. I think we are rolling with what we have. Maybe bringing in someone cheap for backup

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Reid won't play another down in the NFL after the collusion suit he just filed.

Regardless of personal feelings on the "not to be spoken of" issue, suing your employer usually doesn't bode well for prospective employment in that company.

Sydla

Reaction score
Reid won't play another down in the NFL after the collusion suit he just filed.

Regardless of personal feelings on the "not to be spoken of" issue, suing your employer usually doesn't bode well for prospective employment in that company.

True he's probably cooked his career with that suit but all it takes is one owner to decide to sign him. A maverick owner.

Hmmmmm..............

Sydla

Reaction score
Because of what he’s filing for (we all know), he could be a major distraction for the team, and that could bring a negative or controversial atmosphere.

Most players probably agree with him so I doubt he'd be some clubhouse problem. He's also said he'll stop kneeling before games too.

This is where the NFL shows what a god awful organization it can be at times. They won't touch a player like Reid who was protesting peacefully something be believes in and yet teams will sign up to bring in guys who have real life off the field issues.............. cough, cough Greg Hardy, etc.

The idea that Jones wouldn't sign Reid because he knelt but then would bring in Hardy shows what a bizarre system this really is.

And I get it too. The Cowboys have to look out for their image as well and in our bizarre world, a guy protesting peacefully is largely seen as a bigger problem child than a guy like Hardy.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Most players probably agree with him so I doubt he'd be some clubhouse problem. He's also said he'll stop kneeling before games too.

This is where the NFL shows what a god awful organization it can be at times. They won't touch a player like Reid who was protesting peacefully something be believes in and yet teams will sign up to bring in guys who have real life off the field issues.............. cough, cough Greg Hardy, etc.

The idea that Jones wouldn't sign Reid because he knelt but then would bring in Hardy shows what a bizarre system this really is.

And I get it too. The Cowboys have to look out for their image as well and in our bizarre world, a guy protesting peacefully is largely seen as a bigger problem child than a guy like Hardy.
This exactly I never understood how guys can be black balled for bringing awareness to some social injustices that some face. Isn't that a good cause? I feel it's a better cause than Hurricane victims but nfl can't wait to line up to be a part of that. It's amazing.

Sydla

Reaction score
This exactly I never understood how guys can be black balled for bringing awareness to some social injustices that some face. Isn't that a good cause? I feel it's a better cause than Hurricane victims but nfl can't wait to line up to be a part of that. It's amazing.

Simply from the Cowboys perspective think about it this way.

They needed pass rush help a few years ago. They bit the PR bullet and took on a guy who had nasty allegations against him about beating a woman.

Today, we have a need for S help. Reid is pretty decent and, at the very least, would provide experience competent depth and likely would be cheap as hell now. But we can't sign him............. because he knelt in protest of what is a fairly entrenched national discussion (whether you agree or disagree).

I don't get it.