Are we in a better place with McCarthy?

calicowboy54

Reaction score
That’s always the best measurement of a HC or any Mgmt or leadership. Are we in a better place than when you arrived?

There’s probably an argument to be made for both sides .

When MM came in most fans felt anything would be an improvement from Garrett. And an experienced proven SB winner was definitely what many ordered or had hoped for .

In many ways we are in a better place . 3 straight 12 win seasons. A couple division titles and first time since 90’s 3 consecutive playoff appearances. But only 1 playoff win and still no championship game appearances .

It appears we have built an overall better or more talented team. But the disappointment and frustration in playoffs continues.

So, what is your take. Are we in a better place with McCarthy than 4 years ago?
yes. i think Big Mac has done a good job getting our team in the playoffs. we laid and egg due to defense getting over whelmed and we are not a play from behind team. we do our best when we play from a head can mix it up ok offense and let the defense pin their ears back and rush the QB. are we lacking in running the ball. yes. will that come yes. are we lacking at stopping the run. yes that will come with new talent. this FO and Big Mac have worked well to build this team. they just need to have cards fall right to push forward in off season like every team.

kskboys

Reaction score
Different era. Additionally, McCarthy was handed a playoff team. Landry wasn't.

I'll even list 3 more ways McCarthy failed just last year alone - Deuce, Lumpke and Mazi. The level of mismanagement of those 3 players is criminal. Bottom line is McCarthy should have been fired. The safe bet is nothing will be different this year and everyone will be calling for his head again next January.
Ohhhhh, you are spouting the truth!!!!!!!!!!

Deuce: Small quick RB, needs the ball in space to be effective. Sooooooooooooo, we run him into the LOS?
Mazi: Huge NT, so we make him lose weight and try to play him out of position?
Luepke: We draft a power RB. We needed a power RB all season, and gave him no carries?

This was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen and it just makes no sense whatsoever.

75boyz

Reaction score

I'll even list 3 more ways McCarthy failed just last year alone - Deuce, Lumpke and Mazi. The level of mismanagement of those 3 players is criminal. Bottom line is McCarthy should have been fired. The safe bet is nothing will be different this year and everyone will be calling for his head again next January.
Yep, so true.
And I'll pile on...
McFraud and his cronies Solari and Schott should be sued for coaching malpractice based on that failed run game.
Philosophy/identity, scheme, optimizing personnel and execution.

The 3 of 'em couldn't gameplan a consistently effective run game if their lives depended on it.
Run the ball and rest the defense my ***.
Pathetic.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep, so true.
And I'll pile on...
McFraud and his cronies Solari and Schott should be sued for coaching malpractice based on that failed run game.
Philosophy/identity, scheme, optimizing personnel and execution.

The 3 of 'em couldn't gameplan a consistently effective run game if their lives depended on it.
Run the ball and rest the defense my ***.
Pathetic.
Can we even run the ball w/o the RB's getting met 6 yds deep in the backfield as soon as they take the handoff?

75boyz

Reaction score
Can we even run the ball w/o the RB's getting met 6 yds deep in the backfield as soon as they take the handoff?
I swear man. It was so weird because we had 3 all pro linemen but none of em run blocked worth a crap last year.
And then you delve a little further and learn some of the teaching/techniques that Solari was sharing like letting DEs go intentionally unblocked and you can't do anything but shake your head at the coaching incompetence.

Flinger

Reaction score

He was? Hum... handed a playoff team... who knew? Could have sworn they were 8-8 in 2nd place. But, maybe they were in the playoff's and I just don't remember...

3 more ways? It's obvious anyone can "find things" to hang their entire opinion on, right? Might want to consider adjusting to the "right things".

So, positional coaches, coordinators and the head coach mismanaged 3 players to a criminal extent. Wow. Who knew without being in the meetings, on the practice field, or knowing what plays are called during a game - but maybe, just maybe, the players aren't good enough.

It's like the Principal of a school being responsible for the results of the janitor... Yes, he/she is accountable, but not responsible.

So, who is accountable and responsible for player aquisiton?

Therein lies the answer...

Last edited: