Are we okay at backup QB?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think white needs to make big strides to be the answer
I think rush regressed last year and might be time next year to find another guy to develope

Rush looked good in camp.

Not so good with the scrubs in preseason.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I would love to have a decent backup. But like said above if Dak goes down tank.
daboyz: Alex? What is a statement all Dallas Cowboys fans have been saying since 1960?
Alex: that is correct daboyz for $500. :laugh:
Kick some tires if there's some to kick, which could be a problem. But, Kellen n Kitna have to develop Rush n White...may just have to take that risk.

I'd rather Rush n White do the job tho.
Neither Rush or White is entitled to the job at this point.
But open competition is the best way to go. Let one of the veterans battle with the youngsters in training camp.

Even if Rush or White ascends to the backup role, perhaps the veteran remains a superior option for your third QB. With plenty of cap space, Dallas can afford to spend a little on the QB depth chart.

They already have their young development players, so it makes a lot of sense to add a player who can provide some experience and perhaps enhance Dak's development. That said, bring Sanchez back, after all, he groomed Dak in his rookie season. He's only 32.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Like most teams if the starter goes down. It is what it is. I do think we need to keep only two QBs.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yes cuz dak is durable. It's about time every offseason I didnt have to hear about the health of the qb

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
We are just fine. White is very capable to turning around and handing the ball off to zeke or throwing a 5 yard pass. He can't run like Dak but that is not a big part of our O anyway. I think a 5th rounder can back up a 4th rounder without much drop off.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Nope. If Dak goes down for an extended period the season likely goes down with him. They should be looking into a back-up with a bit of starting experience.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think white needs to make big strides to be the answer
I think rush regressed last year and might be time next year to find another guy to develope
Regressed? His lollipop arm was apparent ever since he got here. Dude absolutely does not possess the arm for the NFL.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For 2019? I dunno. In 2020 we could always pick up Wentz to be our QB2.

Sure..he's frail and a diva, but in a pinch he's surely just as good as Weedon. Jerry goes head over heels for the tall QB's that "throw the purdiest deep ball".

J12B

Reaction score
My stance is That if my quarterback goes down I want to tank the rest of the way. I’m not spending resources on a guy who’s going to have me go 8-8 next season.

If the starting QBs injury is serious, then yes.

But what if Dak goes down in week 15 and needs 2 weeks to rest and heal, while the teams is 9-5 and in the hunt for a playoff race?

A steady back up is critical.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If the starting QBs injury is serious, then yes.

But what if Dak goes down in week 15 and needs 2 weeks to rest and heal, while the teams is 9-5 and in the hunt for a playoff race?

A steady back up is critical.
It depends what our record is. If it’s week 15 and we are 6-8 or 7-7 I’d rather lose the rest lol.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't think we are exactly doing great at starting QB. If Dak gets injured than is the drop off that big???? Some things they might do better than Dak.... like throw a football. Dak is probably average. But it is not like we are going from Joe Montana to a scrub. I would like to see what the young guys have and how they have progressed. After all if they really do suck than lets get rid of them and bring in some better backups. But the only way to really know is to have them play some real games with the 1st team.

So was Romo early in his career with his ints.