Are We Prepared If Romo Get's Hurt?

joseephuss

Reaction score
bbuck822;1377510 said:
I like Bledsoe coming off the bench. Like what he did in '01 when Brady got hurt. Bledsoe came in trailing against a very good Pittsburgh team & got his team to the Super Bowl. I would love to have him back, I just don't think he would want to hold on PAT's:laugh2:

The Patriots were already leading when Bledsoe came into the game, not trailing. The defense and special teams got them to the Superbowl. Bledsoe was also 6 years younger at the time. He is done.

Roughneck

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1377854 said:
LOL. A lot of good things have come out of Oklahoma.
......and even better things have come out of Texas. Your point?

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Roughneck;1377857 said:
......and even better things have come out of Texas. Your point?
Well, Oklahoma usually gets most of the good Texas football players. Been like that for years. Ain't that something.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
As far as Bledsoe, it won't happen. His contract numbers are WAY over the amount you pay to a back-up and the guy wouldn't take a pay cut or stay on board to warm the bench.

SS

:star:

Roughneck

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1377867 said:
Well, Oklahoma usually gets most of the good Texas football players. Been like that for years. Ain't that something.
Because Oklahoma football players in comparison usually suck?

Okay, gotcha.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1377414 said:
This backup QB thing really needs to be addressed. Bledsoe will be gone, which will leave only Baker. We need to bring 4 QB's to camp. We need to find 2, including one who will give TR some REAL competion which will make him better. This year I'm leaning towards a draft pick and a soild vet. For the vet, we might have to trade and not just settle for a castoff or some guy out of work. Thoughts?

Tell him the QB spot is open (it always is during camp) and let him compete. Of course, he'll ride the pine but he needs a job.

I read recently, however, that the Vikings might be interested in Carr.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Roughneck;1377882 said:
Because Oklahoma football players in comparison usually suck?

Okay, gotcha.
No, LOL. Texas is a much bigger state, therefore, they have more good football players. OU raids the state of it's talent regularly. Switzer did it, Stoops still does.

Roughneck

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1378051 said:
No, LOL. Texas is a much bigger state, therefore, they have more good football players. OU raids the state of it's talent regularly. Switzer did it, Stoops still does.
Ah, a napoleon complex. It's okay. I'm sure there are some girls out there who like them small. Most don't but maybe a few do.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1377414 said:
This backup QB thing really needs to be addressed. Bledsoe will be gone, which will leave only Baker. We need to bring 4 QB's to camp. We need to find 2, including one who will give TR some REAL competion which will make him better. This year I'm leaning towards a draft pick and a soild vet. For the vet, we might have to trade and not just settle for a castoff or some guy out of work. Thoughts?

“A pessimist is never disappointed.”

is this what your going for?

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Roughneck;1378289 said:
Ah, a napoleon complex. It's okay. I'm sure there are some girls out there who like them small. Most don't but maybe a few do.
??? Traditionally, OU owns Texas. No brag, just fact.

Roughneck

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1378409 said:
??? Traditionally, OU owns Texas. No brag, just fact.
Wow, I was just talking about the 1 1/2 states in general (Texas being the 1, Oklahoma being the 1/2).

But since you want to go there, your claim that "Traditionally, OU owns Texas" is not "just fact" but rather complete BS.

All-Time ("Traditionally") UT/OU Series Record:

Texas leads the series 57-39-5.

Tell me again, who owns who?

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Roughneck;1378289 said:
I live in Virginia, but am a big Sooner fan. "Don't Mess With Texas". LOL