Are We Prepared If Romo Get's Hurt?

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1379236 said:
Not trying to stick my nose in but the day he was hired was probably my least favorite day as a Cowboys fan, and the day he was fired ranks in the top 10 best days.

I can't stand the guy and never could. I did not want him here. I was embarrassed while he was here. I am thrilled he is long gone.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with hating Oklahoma because I don't. It is entirely about him and what he stood for.
Why the hate for Barry Switzer? What did he "stand for"? Switzer is a colorful, likable character. Most of the players really liked him. Have you read Barry's book, "Bootlegger's Boy". You should if you haven't.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1379327 said:
Why the hate for Barry Switzer? What did he "stand for"? Switzer is a colorful, likable character. Most of the players really liked him. Have you read Barry's book, "Bootlegger's Boy". You should if you haven't.

Do you have the publishing rights to his book or something? You are promoting it in every post.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1379335 said:
Do you have the publishing rights to his book or something? You are promoting it in every post.
  • LOL, I wish I did. I simply think it's helpful to the Barry Bashers to read the book. It really is excellent. Switzer is very candid about what did and DIDN"T go on during his tenure at OU. It helps the bashers learn more about the man, not just what they've seen from sportswriters who dislike him for one reason or another.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1379327 said:
No, I haven't and I wouldn't ever care to read it.

Likable?

I guess if you call a man who steals another man's wife "likable."

I guess if you think all head coaches should tell a media member that their QB is gay in an attempt to undermine his popularity so the fans want him gone "likable."

I guess if you appreciate a man taking a loaded gun onto an airplane and then trying to make himself out as some kind of hero for how the gun got there "likable."

I guess if you call a Coach who embarrasses the franchise on National TV "likable."

I guess if you admire a man who gets his college program on probation "likable."

If those things are what you "like" in a man then yeah, he's real "likable."

Those don't even come close to my standards for "likable." He's a slimy worm that I have no use for and never have.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1379346 said:
  • LOL, I wish I did. I simply think it's helpful to the Barry Bashers to read the book. It really is excellent. Switzer is very candid about what did and DIDN"T go on during his tenure at OU. It helps the bashers learn more about the man, not just what they've seen from sportswriters who dislike him for one reason or another.

I wouldn't waste my time reading it or my money on buying it but to each their own.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1379352 said:
No, I haven't and I wouldn't ever care to read it.

Likable?

I guess if you call a man who steals another man's wife "likable."

I guess if you think all head coaches should tell a media member that their QB is gay in an attempt to undermine his popularity so the fans want him gone "likable."

I guess if you appreciate a man taking a loaded gun onto an airplane and then trying to make himself out as some kind of hero for how the gun got there "likable."

I guess if you call a Coach who embarrasses the franchise on National TV "likable."

I guess if you admire a man who gets his college program on probation "likable."

If those things are what you "like" in a man then yeah, he's real "likable."

Those don't even come close to my standards for "likable." He's a slimy worm that I have no use for and never have.
You don't have all your facts straight on Barry, guy. Are we making value judgements here? Who ever said the man was a saint? Must he live up to your moral standards? Is he alone in his guilt on these matters? You seem to believe everything you hear or read about him that's negative, that's the way you like it. It's an excellent book if you ever want a great read and to actually learn something of substance about the guy. Knee-jerk hate and negativity show you don't know the subject and don't care to. Whatever.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1379355 said:
I wouldn't waste my time reading it or my money on buying it but to each their own.
Fine, your loss. You'd probably prefer a bio on Michael Jackson.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1379368 said:
You don't have all your facts straight on Barry, guy. Are we making value judgements here? Who ever said the man was a saint? Must he live up to your moral standards? Is he alone in his guilt on these matters? You seem to believe everything you hear or read about him that's negative, that's the way you like it. It's an excellent book if you ever want a great read and to actually learn something of substance about the guy. Knee-jerk hate and negativity show you don't know the subject and don't care to. Whatever.
My facts are straight.

Is he alone in stealing his friend's wife? No, she is just as guilty.

Is he alone in telling Skip Bayless that Troy Aikman was gay? Uh, yeah.

Is he alone in taking a loaded gun on a plane? Yeah again.

Is he alone in eating a hot dog at the pro Bowl instead of representing the Cowboys properly? Yeah, yet again.

Is he alone in getting Oklahoma on Probation? Of course not.

The better question is...is he innocent of any of these things?

The answer is nope.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1379387 said:
My facts are straight.

Is he alone in stealing his friend's wife? No, she is just as guilty.

Is he alone in telling Skip Bayless that Troy Aikman was gay? Uh, yeah.

Is he alone in taking a loaded gun on a plane? Yeah again.

Is he alone in eating a hot dog at the pro Bowl instead of representing the Cowboys properly? Yeah, yet again.

Is he alone in getting Oklahoma on Probation? Of course not.

The better question is...is he innocent of any of these things?

The answer is nope.
Good to see one of your credible sources is none other than Skippy Bayless. LOL. Bayless is entertaining, but he makes stuff up. That was a load of crap. How could he have eaten a hot dog at a serious game like the Pro Bowl while suffering terrible neck pain? The gun was an oversight. Most of this stuff is meaningless minutia. Switzer never paid a player, see the boosters about that stuff. Read the book, you'd actually enjoy it. No lie.

zeromaster

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1377605 said:
No, but he'd have been a better head coach choice than Wade Phillips.
:violin:
Somewhere there's a street corner missing a preacher...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I might interrupt the Barry Switzer debate, I think that Tim Rattay could prove to be a servicable backup to Tony Romo and could probably be had for a moderate price.

Rattay has looked very good at different stages of his career and with some solid coaching - like the Cowboys are trying to build - he may be able to realize his potential.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1379402 said:
Good to see one of your credible sources is none other than Skippy Bayless. LOL. Bayless is entertaining, but he makes stuff up. That was a load of crap. How could he have eaten a hot dog at a serious game like the Pro Bowl while suffering terrible neck pain? The gun was an oversight. Most of this stuff is meaningless minutia. Switzer never paid a player, see the boosters about that stuff. Read the book, you'd actually enjoy it. No lie.
I never said Bayless was credible, but I know it from a source other than Bayless, and that source is credible. Thanks for playing.

I actually remember him eating the hot dog. It happened. Nice try.

The gun could have been an oversight. His explanation was a lie. If he had owned up to his mistake rather than tried to be a hero I'd have respected it.

No defense of him stealing his friend's wife huh? Typical.

You can believe he had nothing to do with the probation. I don't. I'm not that naive.

I already told you I wouldn't care about the book, so no need to sell me on it again. It's a waste of your time...and mine.