Are we that far off talent wise from the Giants?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because I’m not seeing it. I see playmakers all over there…Nabers, Robinson, Singletary, Andrew Thomas….

Defensively I see Thibadeaux, Lawrence….Adoree Jackson who was hurt…

I’m reading about how we should’ve beat them by 30 like last season….talent wise…you maybe can argue they are just as good as us or better and the difference in the game was Daniel Jones making errant throws on potential touchdowns.

They did nothing this offseason and even a team who we consider to be in the basement is closer to us in talent than we thought.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Why did you include Adoree Jackson? He's a vet minimum guy. Never became the player expected coming out of the draft. And Singletary looks like a pretty mediocre RB to me.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I can’t say that because if they score a touchdown maybe the Cowboys play less conservative. Cowboys coached like they were content on the just getting the W.
I can’t buy that but I’m not totally disagreeing.

Ceedee had 1 catch for 4 yards in the second half. IMO that’s disturbing

blueblood70

Reaction score
If the giants had anyone other than Danny Dimes they might make the playoffs.
They did make the playoffs in 2022 but who cares if they're that often talent it does matter who you have at quarterback isn't that the point of why Prescott got his money he may not deserve $60 million but he for sure is better than Daniel Jones who makes 42,000,000 which was Prescott's also second contract so they're paying Daniel Jones like Prescott,,, so this isn't even a debate on who would you take giving their money well both second contracts were the same Prescott's better and even last night everyone's bragging about Daniel Jones they had the ball for 35 minutes now they can put up with field goals against our terrible defense by the way Prescott clearly played better our receivers are not getting separation our play colors not scheming our guys open and we have no threat as run game...

So yeah the talent level all across the NFL is pretty close when you start looking at skill positions but the most important player on the team is quarterback and we have an advantage there Prescott's better than Justin fields as well... So yes it can make a difference the problem is can we get the ball enough literally I've never seen an offense be iced by their own defense literally it was almost a 15 minute. Where our office sat on the bench while our defense just kept giving up play after play after play they can get enough opportunities and then they get cold and have to come back in and they lose their momentum we were clearly the better team yesterday yes there's some similar talent but the quarterback breaks all ties..

If our defects could just play better give us a couple more possessions stop eating up time of possession and maybe get a turnover a few more 3 and outs that sure would be nice for our offense....

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Hey, they all were in the best shape of their lives & had outstanding camps. Quite the flex until they take the field against an opponent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah I agree but 5 points with Daniel Jones missing touchdowns. I don’t think the distance between us and the Giants to where we are upset we didn’t win by 30.
But we couldn't win by 30 because our defense held the ball for 35 minutes I mean they gave their offense time of possession our office was ice last night you can tell if they would've had the ball more and more often they would've literally destroyed the giants that's a fact if you can't see that from some of those drives that we started getting the momentum and it started looking easy and then we sat for 14 minutes I mean how could you ever get into rhythm when the defense is keeping our offense from getting the ball... We saw what this offense can do against the giants whenever there's turnovers when our defense is forcing 3 and outs when Dan Quinn in game one last year with the giants what was that score was it 40 to nothing or was it 40 to 3 whatever it was it was a complete blowout if that's how you do it but you can't have one side of your team so bad that they can do whatever they want for as long as they want and yes we got lucky they didn't score more touchdowns but they got lucky we didn't have the ball long run offense just like in the Ravens game at the end of the game all we needed from our defense is as bad as they played was to make one more stop and they couldn't do it we needed one more opportunity and they couldn't give it to us I am that confident that we would have probably tied that game had they give us one minute to get into field goal range at the end of the Ravens game this defense is holding our offense back it's not getting anything it's not getting stopped long drives even if they don't end in a touchdown or getting scores or at least eats up the clock I mean I take a six and out right now with no points I mean giving up 11 and 14 play drives just icing our own offense is what the problem is that people can't see it as backwards and we're gonna win a lot of games this way if we do win them they're gonna be ugly because our defense isn't helping at all...

The defense does not offer enough resistance to help the offense get more possessions you need to get in the rhythm on both sides of the ball and they took us out of that I mean that whole period from like the giants seem to have the ball almost the entire second quarter and then they got the ball back first and the third quarter it's insane on how long in between all the penalties and the giants possessing the ball I mean I'm surprised the whole entire office didn't ride bikes like they should have brought out like 17 bikes I mean it was that bad i mean it's like a train wreck the defense has been bad all year...

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah I agree but 5 points with Daniel Jones missing touchdowns. I don’t think the distance between us and the Giants to where we are upset we didn’t win by 30.

Last year we beat them twice by a combined score of 89-17. I don't think we are upset we didn't blow them out (a win is a win after all), but more upset that we let the team from last year deteriorate to the point where we are barely better than them. While I understand what you are saying about their playmakers, it has just as much (if not more) to do with how the overall talent of our roster has devolved. I think it is more that we dropped down to their level than they caught up to us that is causing this (Can't speak for all, just my opinion of course).

Could just be the stars need more time to get their act together, but not sure I see that at this point.

Praxit

Reaction score
I bet NYG beats the Eagles soon. They are a pretty good ball club just people don't give them regards.

Zimmers approach is different than DQ. He's all bend don't break. What was a little alarming last night the front four we're getting no pressure.
I suppose thats when you dial up some blitz.

Zimmer was late on that too. They have 10 days to rest and figure out a better game plan for getting pressure.

rags747

Reaction score
Because I’m not seeing it. I see playmakers all over there…Nabers, Robinson, Singletary, Andrew Thomas….

I’m reading about how we should’ve beat them by 30 like last season….talent wise…you maybe can argue they are just as good as us or better and the difference in the game was Daniel Jones making errant throws on potential touchdowns.

They did nothing this offseason and even a team who we consider to be in the basement is closer to us in talent than we thought.
CeeDee and Nabers are/will be great, the rest of the Giants receiver are better than ours. They always are stacked with top notch DT’s. Thinadeaux is ok. Our OL’s seems about even at this point although ours could wind up better. We need lots of pieces, definitely more speed. Overshown was fantastic last night, Mazi finally looked like a former #1.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Last year we beat them twice by a combined score of 89-17. I don't think we are upset we didn't blow them out (a win is a win after all), but more upset that we let the team from last year deteriorate to the point where we are barely better than them. While I understand what you are saying about their playmakers, it has just as much (if not more) to do with how the overall talent of our roster has devolved. I think it is more that we dropped down to their level than they caught up to us that is causing this (Can't speak for all, just my opinion of course).

Could just be the stars need more time to get their act together, but not sure I see that at this point.
Yeah but those games how much of that was special teams and defense that contributed to those points? Those were fluke wins you can’t mantain scoring on defense like they did with Bland.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The biggest difference between the Cowboys and Giants is we have the better QB. That’s the only reason we won last night.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score

Welcome to Reality !

This is what happens when you overpay a has been QB1 . Your left with serious holes >.

Still want Dakky Poo ???

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It’s an interesting question. My first reaction was they are pretty close in overall talent levels, but then again if I take a step back how many position groups am I taking from the giants over the cowboys? Probably DT and S, any others?