Are we that far off talent wise from the Giants?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Having great effect and being the “only reason” why a team won are two different things. You are moving the goalpost. Are you just saying that Dak was very effective playing QB against the Giants? Or are you trying to attribute the win solely to Dak Prescott?
I’m not trying to attribute the win solely to Dak. I shouldn’t have used the word only. I’ll put it this way he was the “main” reason we won. Our defense kept them out of the endzone which certainly contributed to the win but the game ultimately came down to the play of the QBs. Dak completed 80% and our only two TDs were TD passes. Jones had an INT and couldn’t get the Giants in the endzone. That was the difference in the game. We scored a couple of TDs and they didn’t score any.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They messed up not paying Barkley. Plus I’m wondering if Daboll is overrated. He thinks Daniel Jones is Josh Allen for some strange reason.
They didn’t mess up letting Barkley go.

It was the right move for both sides.

Crappy teams have no business drafting RBs in round 1 and paying them 15 million dollars.

That’s not how you build a football team.

They had no business drafting Barkley. He was a luxury that they couldn’t afford and did nothing for them in his stay.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They didn’t mess up letting Barkley go.

It was the right move for both sides.

Crappy teams have no business drafting RBs in round 1 and paying them 15 million dollars.

That’s not how you build a football team.

They had no business drafting Barkley. He was a luxury that they couldn’t afford and did nothing for them in his stay.
Yet San Fran traded multiple picks and paid McCaffery big money. Meanwhile we trot out Rico Dowdle and Giants Singletary…..

Vikings spent money on Aaron Jones, Texans spent money on Mixon, Philly on Barkley, GB on Jacob’s…..all of a sudden RB matters,

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We had a better D under Dan Quinn hands down. There was real swagger. Only thing DQ could not due was stop the run. They however had a ton of sacks and a ton of turn overs. That said, we had more talent up front last year. We lost some guys who were replaced with less talented players. Our secondary was much better last year. Bland was all pro and Gilmore played at a high level. Even with Diggs back now, we had a better secondary last year.
Because of our "talent," our defensive coordinators have to choose between stopping the run or pressuring the QB. Quinn chose pressure. Zimmer in this game chose stopping the run. It's tough enough doing either in the NFL, especially since the rules favor the offense, but unless you have talent all across your front seven, you are not going to be able to do both.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yet San Fran traded multiple picks and paid McCaffery big money. Meanwhile we trot out Rico Dowdle and Giants Singletary…..

Vikings spent money on Aaron Jones, Texans spent money on Mixon, Philly on Barkley, GB on Jacob’s…..all of a sudden RB matters,
San Fran had a well built team and they are paying their QB 7th round money.

The Giants were hot garbage when they drafted Barkley and are hot garbage now.

It was moronic for them to draft him and paying him would be even more moronic.

Especially considering the guy is often not available to even play football.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
San Fran had a well built team and they are paying their QB 7th round money.

The Giants were hot garbage when they drafted Barkley and are hot garbage now.

It was moronic for them to draft him and paying him would be even more moronic.

Especially considering the guy is often not available to even play football.
I’m not taking about drafting him. I said they should’ve re-signed him. They would be 3-1 right now with Barkley. Running backs matter;

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Overall skill players and coaching staff we are closer to the Giants than playoff contender teams.