Are we that far off talent wise from the Giants?

Brax

Reaction score
I don’t recall saying they grow on trees but if they do maybe the Cowboys should actually go to a tree and get one rather then the bargain bin or the graveyard.

I didn’t miss your point I just don’t agree with it. You guys get so up in arms when someone doesn’t agree with you and resort to comprehension.

This is also not how salaries work. You can structure deals to hit differently each year. Lamb deal won’t be 35 million every year.

I didn’t need a Barkley. I could’ve been satisfied with a running back in the draft or a JK Dobbins or Aaron Jones or Ekeler.

I never claim to be a GM but I know I wouldn’t have came into this season with no running back, no DB depth and two rookie offensive linemen….if that makes me a bad GM oh well.
Dead money doesn’t matter, right. Those rookie contracts are what make the other salaries semi manageable that’s what you get when you pay top money for players. I stayed on topic you threw in Dak and it doesn’t matter at this point he’s here for 4 years minimum so now build around him because the cap is myth and you push all those salaries down the road and win now, how’s that working for you.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It’s his second contract and most teams do it if they think he will improve to franchise level most teams will not do that for a third time if there’s nothing to show for the investment
I'll be curious if he will be their starter next year (despite the contract). Their GM said a few things during Hard Knocks, that if you read between the lines, basically deciphered to him being on his last shot.

I do think he'd make a great backup. I just haven't seen much to suggest he is a franchise QB.

Brax

Reaction score
I'll be curious if he will be their starter next year (despite the contract). Their GM said a few things during Hard Knocks, that if you read between the lines, basically deciphered to him being on his last shot.

I do think he'd make a great backup. I just haven't seen much to suggest he is a franchise QB.
I don’t see it next year between injuries and not so great play his time is limited. I expect a new HC and staff unless they do a deep playoff run.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dead money doesn’t matter, right. Those rookie contracts are what make the other salaries semi manageable that’s what you get when you pay top money for players. I stayed on topic you threw in Dak and it doesn’t matter at this point he’s here for 4 years minimum so now build around him because the cap is myth and you push all those salaries down the road and win now, how’s that working for you.
So how is it working for Philly? They don’t have a qb on a rookie deal….