Are we that far off talent wise from the Giants?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It doesn’t look like much difference between the two teams. Even the HC are both mediocre. At QB you can’t really trust either one. Will make a play for you, and can also blow it for you. Neither great in crunch time. Very similar teams.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Because I’m not seeing it. I see playmakers all over there…Nabers, Robinson, Singletary, Andrew Thomas….

Defensively I see Thibadeaux, Lawrence….Adoree Jackson who was hurt…

I’m reading about how we should’ve beat them by 30 like last season….talent wise…you maybe can argue they are just as good as us or better and the difference in the game was Daniel Jones making errant throws on potential touchdowns.

They did nothing this offseason and even a team who we consider to be in the basement is closer to us in talent than we thought.
Where they messed up was giving Daniel Jones that deal.

Same with us.

stinkface

Reaction score
We had a better D under Dan Quinn hands down. There was real swagger. Only thing DQ could not due was stop the run. They however had a ton of sacks and a ton of turn overs. That said, we had more talent up front last year. We lost some guys who were replaced with less talented players. Our secondary was much better last year. Bland was all pro and Gilmore played at a high level. Even with Diggs back now, we had a better secondary last year.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
The penalties are legitimate, Guyton had a tough game
Totally agree, I was just responding to the notion that if Jones was a better QB they would have won. Can't live in the land of IFs in this league. If there wasn't a salary cap we'd be awesome, lol.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Because I’m not seeing it. I see playmakers all over there…Nabers, Robinson, Singletary, Andrew Thomas….

Defensively I see Thibadeaux, Lawrence….Adoree Jackson who was hurt…

I’m reading about how we should’ve beat them by 30 like last season….talent wise…you maybe can argue they are just as good as us or better and the difference in the game was Daniel Jones making errant throws on potential touchdowns.

They did nothing this offseason and even a team who we consider to be in the basement is closer to us in talent than we thought.
Adoree Jackson is a JAG. The Giants do have talent with Thomas and Nabers offensively and I love their front 4 with KT, Burns and Lawrence. Their issue is their quarterback. You put any top 15 quarterback with their roster they would challenge for the division. I not sure I would take their top 20 players over ours but it is closer then it’s been since prime Manning.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL!!! The only reason! I love you guys…
If Dak wasn’t as efficient as he was the Cowboys would have lost. They could’ve gotten beat by all field goals had he been off. It was a 5 point win if you weren’t watching.

Blitzen

Reaction score
If Dak wasn’t as efficient as he was the Cowboys would have lost. They could’ve gotten beat by all field goals had he been off. It was a 5 point win if you weren’t watching.

Teams win or lose games not individuals. Unless you want the narrative to change when and if you like. LOL!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Teams win or lose games not individuals. Unless you want the narrative to change when and if you like. LOL!!
However, QBs influence the outcome of games more than any position. They make the difference in tight games. This is why the Chiefs keep winning Super Bowls. Remove Patrick Mahomes from the equation and they don’t win any Super Bowls. Dak got it done last night and Daniel Jones didn’t. Jones had a turnover and zero TDs. That was the difference.

Blitzen

Reaction score
However, QBs influence the outcome of games more than any position. They make the difference in tight games. This is why the Chiefs keep winning Super Bowls. Remove Patrick Mahomes from the equation and they don’t win any Super Bowls. :thumbup:Dak got it done last night and Daniel Jones didn’t.

Most QBs do not affect the game at even close to the same level as Pat Mahomes (not in the same universe), even if they “play the most important position.” And even he does not win games on his own. KC’s defense was just as responsible for last year’s triumph as he was.

Seattle isn’t 3-0 because of the greatness of Geno Smith. Same with Minnesota and Sam Darnold. Same with the Bucs last season and Baker Mayfield. And the past couple of seasons of SF and Brock Purdy. Pittsburgh and Justin Fields. And on and on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It doesn’t look like much difference between the two teams. Even the HC are both mediocre. At QB you can’t really trust either one. Will make a play for you, and can also blow it for you. Neither great in crunch time. Very similar teams.
Dak is way better than Jones. You’re making a sound like they’re the same QB. :rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Most QBs do not affect the game at even close to the same level as Pat Mahomes (not in the same universe), even if they “play the most important position.” And even he does not win games on his own. KC’s defense was just as responsible for last year’s triumph as he was.

Seattle isn’t 3-0 because of the greatness of Geno Smith. Same with Minnesota and Sam Darnold. Same with the Bucs last season and Baker Mayfield. And the past couple of seasons of SF and Brock Purdy. Pittsburgh and Justin Fields. And on and on.
I’m giving you the lowdown on tight games. In those games the top QBs have a great affect. Geno Smith has played well, which is a big reason why Seattle is 3-0. All the QBs you’ve mentioned are playing well this season. Justin Fields has been very efficient and has only one INT all season. He’s been completing almost 74% of his passes, which is why Pittsburgh is staying with him. I haven’t watched San Francisco play, but Purdy’s stats have been efficient. However, he hasn’t shown he can pull out the tight games and they’ve lost two of them this season. He had a chance to close out the Super Bowl this past January and couldn’t do it.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I’m giving you the lowdown on tight games. In those games the top QBs have a great affect. Geno Smith has played well, which is a big reason why Seattle is 3-0. All the QBs you’ve mentioned are playing well this season. Justin Fields has been very efficient and has only one INT all season. He’s been completing almost 74% of his passes, which is why Pittsburgh is staying with him. I haven’t watched San Francisco play, but Purdy’s stats have been efficient. However, he hasn’t shown he can pull out the tight games and they’ve lost two of them this season. He had a chance to close out the Super Bowl this past January and couldn’t do it.

Having great effect and being the “only reason” why a team won are two different things. You are moving the goalpost. Are you just saying that Dak was very effective playing QB against the Giants? Or are you trying to attribute the win solely to Dak Prescott?