Are we using Zeke unwisely?

waldoputty

Reaction score
I ask the question becuz he has suffered 2 injuries so far in the first 5 games.

His ankle and his knee.

We have seen him limping and it's foreboding.

I know nobody wants to discuss injuries becuz it is considered a jinx.

But I am really concerned.

If he goes down..

Our season is over.

When Alfred Morris was signed before Zeke was drafted..

We were told he would spell Zeke to keep him fresh.

Never happened.

Before that..Darren McFadden was to split time with Morris.

Never happened.

I do not get it.

We let DeMarco Murray in 2014 run exclusively and he had a great season..

but he was never the same again and retired from football this pre-season.

What better example will we have about what happens to a great player..

who is reduced to pedestrian levels through poor management.

Smith is not a substitute at the position should something happen.

And the WR issues further place the burden on Zeke to have to prop up the passing game as well as the running game.

DAK can't carry the team..

last year and this has proven that.

Are these coaches so deparate for their jobs they can't see this.?

I know Zeke says feed me, but that is just a trademark of his.

How are you guys with this development?
of course we are wasting zeke.
is this team going to beat the rams
i dont think so - so why push any player when they r injured.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
of course we are wasting zeke.
is this team going to beat the rams
i dont think so - so why push any player when they r injured.

The Rams usage with Gurley is about the same, figuring between carries and passes. I think Gurley even plays a higher percentage of their offenses snaps than Zeke, their WRs even play an unusually high percentage of snaps in relation to other NFL teams.

waldoputty

Reaction score
The Rams usage with Gurley is about the same, figuring between carries and passes. I think Gurley even plays a higher percentage of their offenses snaps than Zeke, their WRs even play an unusually high percentage of snaps in relation to other NFL teams.
the big difference is that the rams r the superbowl favorite or at least one of the top 3.
we are not

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
the big difference is that the rams r the superbowl favorite or at least one of the top 3.
we are not

We're 3-3 and should be worrying about winning games, what would we be saving Zeke for exactly?
Maybe we should save him for that last game of the season when we're 8-7 to go 9-7 just to say we had a winning season.

waldoputty

Reaction score
We're 3-3 and should be worrying about winning games, what would we be saving Zeke for exactly?
Maybe we should save him for that last game of the season when we're 8-7 to go 9-7 just to say we had a winning season.
well u may end up with another austin situation only it could be zeke

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We should be throwing to Elliott more often.:thumbup:

Simply get him into open space and he's dynamite!

fansince68

Reaction score
Until the Jags game, we were running Zeke up the middle on 1st down 70% of the time. And this is against stacked boxes. Very predictable and usually put us in 2nd and 8 or 9, in my opinion wasting a down and allowing Zeke to regularly run into a brick wall. Against the Jags we finally started using play action on 1st down which finally gave our offense some creativity. Predictably running Zeke up the middle and his insistence on running through instead of around defenders is what is giving Zeke a limp.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
we played him when he had a groin issue.
zeke is not totally right
If we start sitting players that have sort of issue, we would never be able to field a team. Players are banged up throughout a season and nothing about Zeke that has been reported sounded much beyond that. If they said he had a hammy or groin strain or strained MCL that would be a different story.

waldoputty

Reaction score
If we start sitting players that have sort of issue, we would never be able to field a team. Players are banged up throughout a season and nothing about Zeke that has been reported sounded much beyond that. If they said he had a hammy or groin strain or strained MCL that would be a different story.
he is a star for the future when he could be part of a championship.
we are not contenders this year, so let him heal properly.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
he is a star for the future when he could be part of a championship.
we are not contenders this year, so let him heal properly.
Heal from what? bruises? We should sit Tyron, his back is obviously still bothering him too.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Heal from what? bruises? We should sit Tyron, his back is obviously still bothering him too.
zeke is hurt and can be legitimately rested
i dont know what is wrong with tyron.
they say his back but i dont see him limping around.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
zeke is hurt and can be legitimately rested
i dont know what is wrong with tyron.
they say his back but i dont see him limping around.
What is zeke's injury? All he's said, was a little banged up, hardly an "inury"

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
he has been less explosive and has a limp.
this is our star rb so lets not burn him out.

I assume this is part of the Tank-A-Thon 2018 strategy?

We're not gonna be able to out tank the Giants or Raiders. Gruden is putting out a Master Class in how to tank.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I assume this is part of the Tank-A-Thon 2018 strategy?

We're not gonna be able to out tank the Giants or Raiders. Gruden is putting out a Master Class in how to tank.
not necessarily.
there is no reason to put the star rb at risk when there is no way we will beat the rams, pats or chiefs.
save him for at least when the wr corp has been rebuilt.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Emmitt Smith was here there wasn't any talk about preserving him with lesser players taking some carries. It wasn't even in anyone's thought process.

But that was back when men were men.

Number1

Reaction score
What does draft another top back mean? You aren’t suggesting we use a premium pick again on a TB are you?

yes, or maybe sign one a few years into the NFL with a failed rookie contract - if Zeke goes down, that's nearly as bad Tyrone ... one deep at any spot is a bad idea

if you're gonna run the ball - run it

the best football team I ever saw were the '71 Cowboys - Garrison, Hill, Thomas
most people were stunned Hill was drafted while they had Garrison, a year later they drafted Thomas ... they racked up 251 SB rushing yards to win it all
they also had the best D in the Landry era, the only SB team to not allow a TD

by the way, that was a play action deep offense with debatable young mobile QB and a wildly underrated D,
coached by a man who hadn't got it done in 10 years and considered not fiery enough by many.

by mid-season they had managed a 4 -3 record, then the supposedly conservative coach gave his young QB freedom to run around and make plays
they won out :)

hey, it could happen ... and yeah, I want another RB -, fantasy football stats for one guy ain't the prize