Are you a Dak Hater, Dak Waffler or Dak Lover?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here’s my saga. Like everyone here I was a super fan his rookie year. I still wanted Romo in the playoffs only because I knew it was his final shot at a SB, but that had little to do with Dak.

The next few years I started seeing warts that kept emerging. Dak COULD be amazing but wasn’t about 1/2 the time, and he ranged from above average to yikes at times. I believe he struggled with reads post snap, pocket presence, accuracy, and throwing the ball away. He also seemed scared to run after his injury, which is logical. I’ve been a Dak waffler all this time.

However, after the bye, it really seems like something clicked on and he has molded himself into the west coast. I think the simplicity of it helps him. The broadcasters even talked about him loving it in the Eagles game. He has quick reads. He knows he has to run if it the first few reads aren’t there, which makes him comfortable stepping up in the pocket before then. His footwork is better. The only problem he still has is accuracy at times. Not great with the deep ball and overthrows a lot, but that’s just part of his game. Right now I’m cautiously optimistic and close to believing he’s not the same Dak that will randomly have a bad game 1/3rd of the time.

If he plays at this level through the season and playoffs, I’ll be a full blown believer going forward, because in year 8 he found an offense that covers 2/3rds of his warts
What clicked was the new offense. It took some time to learn it so that its second nature. He didn’t suddenly become more talented. The fact you don’t get that tells me you’re still a hater and trying to crawl back on the ship.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am an adult so was able to see a QB that was somewhere between 5th and 9th best in the world and be accepting of that.
Dak wasn't going to Pat Mahomes us to a SB by himself nor was he going to be some bum that limited us to 20 points a game on offense like about half the teams in the league suffer though.
He is getting major hype now that and is cool, but the goal posts don't need to move.
If everyone does their job he will do his.
If the 10 other guys on offense get beat likely he does as well.

Far too many people with above average football IQ want to over-evaluate the QB play after any loss and many wins.

If Dak had been the Cowboys QB in the 90s they likely win the same 3 Super Bowls.
Had he been the QB for all of Romo's years they still likely would not have won.
He is in line with those guys as also top 5-9 level QBs during their careers.

Dak gets a broken finger or twisted knee and he will look very mortal.
He gets a special play from the TE or WR and he will look like an MVP.
Dak’s been carrying the team most of the year. They’d be under .500 without him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I am an adult so was able to see a QB that was somewhere between 5th and 9th best in the world and be accepting of that.
Dak wasn't going to Pat Mahomes us to a SB by himself nor was he going to be some bum that limited us to 20 points a game on offense like about half the teams in the league suffer though.
He is getting major hype now that and is cool, but the goal posts don't need to move.
If everyone does their job he will do his.
If the 10 other guys on offense get beat likely he does as well.

Far too many people with above average football IQ want to over-evaluate the QB play after any loss and many wins.

If Dak had been the Cowboys QB in the 90s they likely win the same 3 Super Bowls.
Had he been the QB for all of Romo's years they still likely would not have won.
He is in line with those guys as also top 5-9 level QBs during their careers.

Dak gets a broken finger or twisted knee and he will look very mortal.
He gets a special play from the TE or WR and he will look like an MVP.
100%, no QB ever "Lifted" a team to a SB...its a myth and a dumb one at that. Same thing with "Game Manager" if your QB is not a game manager WTTH is he doing on the field...show me the QB who doesnt need the other 10 guys on offense doing thier job to win..but you know agendas need validation here..

McMicah

Reaction score
What clicked was the new offense. It took some time to learn it so that its second nature. He didn’t suddenly become more talented. The fact you don’t get that tells me you’re still a hater and trying to crawl back on the ship.
This reply makes absolutely 0 sense. The whole point of my post is that this new offense has helped Dak, which is why he’s playing better. But you say it’s the point you say that I’m somehow missing? Did you even read the post before you replied?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This reply makes absolutely 0 sense. The whole point of my post is that this new offense has helped Dak, which is why he’s playing better. But you say it’s the point you say that I’m somehow missing? Did you even read the post before you replied?
:lmao: :facepalm:

Hadenough

Reaction score
You hope like hell. Talk to me in January bandwagoner.
You hope like hell. Talk to me in January bandwagoner.
You won't be around, you will disappear like the last two years. Hope you enjoyed tonight's game, yeah the defense was awful but why does Dak have to be so awful when it's his turn. Wasn't shuffling his feet resorting back to his old ways. Oh well you can't play the NFC East all season.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
I am a wannabe Dak lover but after 8 years its pretty clear, he is what he is. And that is not a guy who can take this team to the SB.

Which makes me kind of sad tbh because he is an outstanding human being. I so want for him to be the guy but he just isn't.

zeke21

Reaction score
Dak put in a classic Dak performance tonight. The bit that hurts is that last week he impressed me.. like it was the first time we played a decent team and Dak didn't crap the bed. I spent all week thinking maybe I was wrong.. maybe he is good enough.

And then I watched tonights game and nope.. Dak is the same as he ever was. A guy that needs everything perfect around him.. a defence giving him short fields 2-3 times a game.. a trio of WRs making plays work.. TEs making contested catches and an OLine that gives him all day to throw. You take any element away from him and Dak is woeful.

If only we could play the SB at home.. against the Rams.

I don't hate Dak.. I actually want him to be the guy.. for the sake of this franchise but I just can't see it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’m neither a dakistan or Dakhater, how I feel about him changes based on his play each game.

Today was a clunker and it seems to be a pattern when facing physical teams who play bull ball.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
100%, no QB ever "Lifted" a team to a SB...its a myth and a dumb one at that. Same thing with "Game Manager" if your QB is not a game manager WTTH is he doing on the field...show me the QB who doesnt need the other 10 guys on offense doing thier job to win..but you know agendas need validation here..
lol like you and others who sound like dont have an agenda roflmao

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"here we go"
giphy.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You won't be around, you will disappear like the last two years. Hope you enjoyed tonight's game, yeah the defense was awful but why does Dak have to be so awful when it's his turn. Wasn't shuffling his feet resorting back to his old ways. Oh well you can't play the NFC East all season.
Because he was under pressure the entire game. Enjoy the loss. You’re obviously ecstatic about it.

Slick

Reaction score
If he needs the other 10 to be the best guys at their position, guess what? He isn’t the guy. That’s Dak.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Because he was under pressure the entire game. Enjoy the loss. You’re obviously ecstatic about it.
Look dude I don't like it anymore than you do. But that's what happens when Dak is under pressure. He is just unable to get things going. It tends to stay that way the rest of the game.