Are you a Dak Hater, Dak Waffler or Dak Lover?

johneric8

Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if there was not one single fan who hated him. "Hate" is not a vague word, it has a meaning. People should use language as it is and stop corrupting words with different meanings. Even the most ardent non believer who thinks we would be better off if we never drafted him or that we need to replace him now, or has no trust in him to ever go far in the playoffs or even wants Rush to start this weekend still does not hate Dak. Why would anyone hate Dak?
There are 170,000 words in the English language. Even a 6th grader can articulate better than this. No one is a hater.
There is some holes in your intelligently written but off base post. You say that no one is a hater? Anyone whom flat out refuses to acknowledge any progress even though it's before their eyes and continues to regurgitate nonsense to validate their opinion is not only in many cases a narcissist but a flat out hater in modern terms.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I only ask this question because before last years loss to San Fran I was one of the biggest Dak lovers known to man. I appreciated his leadership, his demeanor, as well skill-set he possessed. I would argue with dudes like @Risen Star but to no avail guys like him already proclaimed Dak will NEVER get it done. I fought tooth and nail to at least talk some sense into these non-believers but obviously I never got anywhere.

After Dak failed to deliver against San Fran and I saw the deer in the headlights look after being strangled by the niners I began to believe that maybe Dak did suffer from some metal problems that at the end of the day he might not be able to overcome when the chips are down. I knew that injuries, coaching and scheme played a big part and I was first to not be a fan of Kellen "the beaver" Moore, but I still let doubt creep in. I started to think maybe Dak really doesn't have the mental capabilities to rise up when needed.

fast forward to this season. As I watched Dak struggle some this year it became obvious that he was playing like Drew Bledsoe and was becoming a statue. The Dak that we all loved in his rookie season would take a few steps back and release the ball the open guy, it was almost like he was playing in the west coast offense from the moment he took the field. As time progressed he ran less and less and one of the most infuriating things for me to watch was his inability to actually step up in the pocket to avoid the rush while still hitting an open man. These seemed like things that all Qb's should be able to do but Dak just kept his eyes glued and starred down his receivers... Obviously this concept doesn't work for Dak and it's a recipee for disaster.

If what we're seeing right now is our Cowboys new reality when it comes to Dak, we might really be onto something here! Dak is now getting rid of the ball again to open man or buying time with his feet to find another. To my untrained eye, I have to say that Big Mike might be the only coach to have taught him something he can sink his teeth into. I want to believe in Dak, I really do, I think he is an awesome dude...

Signed,

Dak Lover turned Dak Waffler reincarted as a Dak believer
I am an individual, I take every game on an individual basis. Do I like Prescott yes. Do I think he’s capable, without a doubt.

McMicah

Reaction score
Here’s my saga. Like everyone here I was a super fan his rookie year. I still wanted Romo in the playoffs only because I knew it was his final shot at a SB, but that had little to do with Dak.

The next few years I started seeing warts that kept emerging. Dak COULD be amazing but wasn’t about 1/2 the time, and he ranged from above average to yikes at times. I believe he struggled with reads post snap, pocket presence, accuracy, and throwing the ball away. He also seemed scared to run after his injury, which is logical. I’ve been a Dak waffler all this time.

However, after the bye, it really seems like something clicked on and he has molded himself into the west coast. I think the simplicity of it helps him. The broadcasters even talked about him loving it in the Eagles game. He has quick reads. He knows he has to run if it the first few reads aren’t there, which makes him comfortable stepping up in the pocket before then. His footwork is better. The only problem he still has is accuracy at times. Not great with the deep ball and overthrows a lot, but that’s just part of his game. Right now I’m cautiously optimistic and close to believing he’s not the same Dak that will randomly have a bad game 1/3rd of the time.

If he plays at this level through the season and playoffs, I’ll be a full blown believer going forward, because in year 8 he found an offense that covers 2/3rds of his warts

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I only ask this question because before last years loss to San Fran I was one of the biggest Dak lovers known to man. I appreciated his leadership, his demeanor, as well skill-set he possessed. I would argue with dudes like @Risen Star but to no avail guys like him already proclaimed Dak will NEVER get it done. I fought tooth and nail to at least talk some sense into these non-believers but obviously I never got anywhere.

After Dak failed to deliver against San Fran and I saw the deer in the headlights look after being strangled by the niners I began to believe that maybe Dak did suffer from some metal problems that at the end of the day he might not be able to overcome when the chips are down. I knew that injuries, coaching and scheme played a big part and I was first to not be a fan of Kellen "the beaver" Moore, but I still let doubt creep in. I started to think maybe Dak really doesn't have the mental capabilities to rise up when needed.

fast forward to this season. As I watched Dak struggle some this year it became obvious that he was playing like Drew Bledsoe and was becoming a statue. The Dak that we all loved in his rookie season would take a few steps back and release the ball the open guy, it was almost like he was playing in the west coast offense from the moment he took the field. As time progressed he ran less and less and one of the most infuriating things for me to watch was his inability to actually step up in the pocket to avoid the rush while still hitting an open man. These seemed like things that all Qb's should be able to do but Dak just kept his eyes glued and starred down his receivers... Obviously this concept doesn't work for Dak and it's a recipee for disaster.

If what we're seeing right now is our Cowboys new reality when it comes to Dak, we might really be onto something here! Dak is now getting rid of the ball again to open man or buying time with his feet to find another. To my untrained eye, I have to say that Big Mike might be the only coach to have taught him something he can sink his teeth into. I want to believe in Dak, I really do, I think he is an awesome dude...

Signed,

As Parcells would say don’t drink the koolaid. If your post was made at the end of January we would have a good barometer of if you were right or not.

He’s been great, I would want him to marry my daughter - but unless he performs in the playoffs we’ve been here before. He is going to get a huge extension at the expense of good players. If he wins a SB nobody cares. If he flames out again I don’t think we will ever win a SB with him and we will be screwed for a long time.

It’s not wrong or bad to question Dak…

In December - Its fair.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
There is some holes in your intelligently written but off base post. You say that no one is a hater? Anyone whom flat out refuses to acknowledge any progress even though it's before their eyes and continues to regurgitate nonsense to validate their opinion is not only in many cases a narcissist but a flat out hater in modern terms.
Nah, youre wrong. You seem less objective than those who you suggest to be. Narcissists in many cases, thats flat out funny.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If he was throwing picks like last year there'd be questions about his contract. He's playing like an MVP candidate. The Cowboys will absolutely extend him.
Doubtful.

He has to win many playoff games.

This is his last chance.

Preoccupied

Reaction score

Signed,

DP = cog in the team.
I have no fandom or hatred for/of him.
I would have preferred a higher pick/ better QB tbh.
But it is what it is, and at the moment he is on fire.
So I go with it, and hope he can lead us deep into the playoffs.

If he does well I will acknowledge him as such (though not on this forum as I cba to type it up).
If he blunders it, I'll give him grief, (By liking the posts that point out the blunders) as again I cba to type up my thoughts & spend endless hrs replying to the pro dak crowd v the hate dak crowds.
That argument was fun to read a few months back, but I have kinda grown tired of it.

Should he mess up in the playoffs the aforementioned Love/hate topics will return again, bickering entertainment to read until the draft.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I was VERY critical of Dak and believed he didn't have that "it" factor to be an elite QB. Well, something in him seemed to have clicked after the 49er loss and he is a different QB. I am now a Dak believer so I guess that makes me a wafler.

I'll take it and am happy to have been proven wrong.
I'm here as well.

I will say a post-season performance like last year's @ SF will put me right back in the middle of the waffle iron.

Hadenough

Reaction score
You’re mentally incapable of understanding.
Your the fool here. Daks gonna disappoint you again like he has many times in the past. And you'll go hide for 6 months. And than rinse and repeat. Each time you will act so surprised. Lol your so naive!

Qcard

Reaction score

Dak Haters I AM winning :muttley: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The same weirdos newest brushed off Narrative after Predicting the Cowboys would win 8-9 games in 2023 season..
i wAnT tO seE DaKtH wIN iN tHa pAYohs!!!

Dak Haters logic is...... biblically foolish

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Your the fool here. Daks gonna disappoint you again like he has many times in the past. And you'll go hide for 6 months. And than rinse and repeat. Each time you will act so surprised. Lol your so naive!
You hope like hell. Talk to me in January bandwagoner.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I am an adult so was able to see a QB that was somewhere between 5th and 9th best in the world and be accepting of that.
Dak wasn't going to Pat Mahomes us to a SB by himself nor was he going to be some bum that limited us to 20 points a game on offense like about half the teams in the league suffer though.
He is getting major hype now that and is cool, but the goal posts don't need to move.
If everyone does their job he will do his.
If the 10 other guys on offense get beat likely he does as well.

Far too many people with above average football IQ want to over-evaluate the QB play after any loss and many wins.

If Dak had been the Cowboys QB in the 90s they likely win the same 3 Super Bowls.
Had he been the QB for all of Romo's years they still likely would not have won.
He is in line with those guys as also top 5-9 level QBs during their careers.

Dak gets a broken finger or twisted knee and he will look very mortal.
He gets a special play from the TE or WR and he will look like an MVP.