Are you a Dak Hater, Dak Waffler or Dak Lover?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if there was not one single fan who hated him. "Hate" is not a vague word, it has a meaning. People should use language as it is and stop corrupting words with different meanings. Even the most ardent non believer who thinks we would be better off if we never drafted him or that we need to replace him now, or has no trust in him to ever go far in the playoffs or even wants Rush to start this weekend still does not hate Dak. Why would anyone hate Dak?
There are 170,000 words in the English language. Even a 6th grader can articulate better than this. No one is a hater.

kskboys

Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if there was not one single fan who hated him. "Hate" is not a vague word, it has a meaning. People should use language as it is and stop corrupting words with different meanings. Even the most ardent non believer who thinks we would be better off if we never drafted him or that we need to replace him now, or has no trust in him to ever go far in the playoffs or even wants Rush to start this weekend still does not hate Dak. Why would anyone hate Dak?
There are 170,000 words in the English language. Even a 6th grader can articulate better than this. No one is a hater.
X a gadzillion.

shabazz

Reaction score
Unfortunately it's become part of our lexicon. The lowest form of language and childish gestures rule the day.......social media and idiocracy make it possible

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They may not hate him but they behave like they do.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I believe I am in the same place I have always been with Dak— I am a “Dak realist”

His performance in big games and the playoffs has been spotty. He has played well at times, and been a no-show in others— and we have always fallen short.

This year he is playing the best football of his career, and I have never been a critic that has said it was impossible for him to improve or lead this team to a championship.

Having said all that— I go back to my position as he entered this year. This is a make or break moment for Dak. Following a rough year last year, he had to have a significant bounce back season.

While he is currently playing amazing football, the terrible losses to SF and AZ create a lingering stink that at the worst moments, bad habits and poor performance can still show up and dog him.

His performance down the stretch in the regular season will reveal a lot. He will be seriously tested, and he has a great opportunity to change the narrative. IMO— if he leads the team to a division title, he will have undoubtedly earned the MVP award as well.

But he will ultimately be judged on how he plays in the postseason. That is where the narrative will be changed or cemented.

I am pulling for him to ace the test

RoboQB

Reaction score
Nicely done.
I'd say if there were truly such a hater, it would be the one lashing out by calling
others haters.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I believe I am in the same place I have always been with Dak— I am a “Dak realist”

His performance in big games and the playoffs has been spotty. He has played well at times, and been a no-show in others— and we have always fallen short.

This year he is playing the best football of his career, and I have never been a critic that has said it was impossible for him to improve or lead this team to a championship.

Having said all that— I go back to my position as he entered this year. This is a make or break moment for Dak. Following a rough year last year, he had to have a significant bounce back season.

While he is currently playing amazing football, the terrible losses to SF and AZ create a lingering stink that at the worst moments, bad habits and poor performance can still show up and dog him.

His performance down the stretch in the regular season will reveal a lot. He will be seriously tested, and he has a great opportunity to change the narrative. IMO— if he leads the team to a division title, he will have undoubtedly earned the MVP award as well.

But he will ultimately be judged on how he plays in the postseason. That is where the narrative will be changed or cemented.

I concur.

UncleRico

Reaction score
I’m a big Dak guy. I think the stability he has brought at the QB position and his leadership since 2016 is undervalued.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Been a Dak lover since the play after Romo went down and my brother texted me, ‘The season is over before it even starts. This blows.’

I replied, ‘Prescott is a helluva player. We’re going to be fine.’

And we have been more than fine. We’re about to go to the playoffs 3 consecutive years for the first time since the 90’s. Dak is playing as good as any QB in the NFL. Imagine if he had something better than a middling run game. Put Christian M. On this team and we’d easily be the best team in the NFL.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I am a level headed Dak fan because I think he is very good but not necessarily elite. Right now he is performing outstandingly. As the team rises so does Dak.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
I root for the team. I wish the QB well.

Many years ago, before internet and multi million dollar salaries,
Danny White led the Cowboys to 3 straight NFC Championship Games.
Dallas lost all three. White was loathed simply because he wasn't the
man he replaced, Roger Staubach.

So many have been labeled "Dak haters" for simply wanting him to reach
an NFC Championship Game and play well. It's ridiculous.

This is not some mid-level franchise excited for the team because they
happened to win more than they lost this year. This isn't Detroit or Cleveland.
Pretty much this.

Fair or not, it's super bowl or bust in Dallas. This is a team who has had some of the greatest players in NFL history.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm a big ole Dak Prescott fan. Just like I was a big ole Romo fan. The only difference is, Dak grew on me, after he started playing for us. I liked Romo before he even took a snap for the Cowboys.

But, yeah, I just doin't get the negativity surrounding Dak. He's the most likely candidate for the MVP of the NFL, which says a lot about how much our so-called fans actually know.

The guy is also in great shape for his age. If you don't like Dak, I suggest you go back and look at his high school game tape, which is on YouTube. Dak has always been a great player.

75boyz

Reaction score

Once again the Hawk perfectly articulates Dak Cowboy reality.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm with Keyshawn.

Gosh, I really hate Skip's face and predictably fake eye rolls,shoulder shrugs, and that silly persona.. I can listen to Keyshawn. Because he's legit. But Skip is not legit. Skip is a gimmick.

Anyway, if you have to pick a QB for the next 5 years it's Dak Prescott all day every day.. Dak is way better than many of our fans have given him credit for. Look at CeeDee Lamb, and he's been elevating all the players around him. Since the scheme change, things are coming together for Dakota.

Dak is just a better QB. If our fans would ever realize that the harshest criticisms come from our opposition before they start parroting the same crtiques, that might help his confidence. At the end of the day, the tabloid media, and the factions of fans of other teams, and some of our own angry fans, don't do Dak any favors. Dak is not only legit, he's elite.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
No different than you actively rooting against him to be proven right.

How is it possible to watch the last 6 weeks or so and think "yea, this guy can't win a Super Bowl"? It's so dumb.
I'll tell you how. He's playing the odds... and likely a fan of another team, trying to improve his team's odds.

By the way, I expect @PackerNation to show up any day now.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I am a level-headed Dak fan because I think he is very good but not necessarily elite. Right now he is performing outstandingly. As the team rises so does Dak.
And the converse it true as well, as Dak rises, so does the team. The offense is driven by Dak, supported by the o-line. This was never going to be a running team, those days are long gone with this o-line. And McCarthy is a passing OC, so any run game this team gets is complimentary to the passing game. When this team gets a lead, then they can sprinkle in more running plays.

I believe Dak is an elite leader, and a very good QB, with an average arm. So in my mind, Dak is an overachiever based on his skill set.