Are you a Dak Hater, Dak Waffler or Dak Lover?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If we meet SF in the NFCCG, and Dak and Purdy swap teams, who's your pick?
thats the thing its not tennis "IF Dak doesn't win"...you mean if the team doesn't win it will be more of the same, no matter how some want to see it Dak will never play 1 on 11 in any playoff game...

aikemirv

Reaction score
Good to se Dak moving up in the pocket which to me has been his greatest weakness throughout his career. Moving up in the pocket is the key to making plays when the first option is not there. In the past he would move back out of the pocket or make an ill-advised low percentage pass from the pocket.

I don't know if his current play is enough to beat SF.....

Like I said in another post which someone took wrong, if a player like Eli Manning can get on a hot streak to win two Super Bowls, then there is no reason to think that Dak could not get hot enough to get us past SF. He is much, much better than Eli and while I don't think Dak is extremely mentally tough, I think he is tougher than Eli!

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I love dak when he's good, I dislike and criticize him when he's bad but I'll always root for him to win as long as he's wearing that star!

CWR

Reaction score
Good to se Dak moving up in the pocket which to me has been his greatest weakness throughout his career. Moving up in the pocket is the key to making plays when the first option is not there. In the past he would move back out of the pocket or make an ill-advised low percentage pass from the pocket.

I don't know if his current play is enough to beat SF.....

Like I said in another post which someone took wrong, if a player like Eli Manning can get on a hot streak to win two Super Bowls, then there is no reason to think that Dak could not get hot enough to get us past SF. He is much, much better than Eli and while I don't think Dak is extremely mentally tough, I think he is tougher than Eli!
Dak grew up struggling, lost his mom to cancer in college and then his brother took his own life.

I dont believe you can go through those things, perform at a high level and not be mentally strong. He's absolutely granite.

starfan1

Reaction score
thats the thing its not tennis "IF Dak doesn't win"...you mean if the team doesn't win it will be more of the same, no matter how some want to see it Dak will never play 1 on 11 in any playoff game...
its just a narrative thats stood the test of time. Its been wrong the whole time but its solid ground for them. Dak sucks because he played poorly and didnt win. Where its obvious that Dak is a solid QB even if he has failed for different reasons. This current run of success isnt the first time Dak has done it

Every year hes come up short hes had help coming up short but if they evaluate the QB position on whether or not he gets to the super bowl well it says more about them than it does Dak. Heres a newsflash san fransico is a better team roster wise and its going to take our best effort across the board to beat them . And a little luck

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Wrong. Ive been a fan since the 90s. Why would i root for my team’s qb to play poorly.

Now what im not gonna do is lie and pretend hes something he is not (in my own opinion) just because he plays for the Cowboys.

When he plays well, I praise him. When he plays poorly, ima let it be known. All of this is documented in my posting history.
Lol you do not praise him when he plays well. Get outta here.

But also we need to keep you honest.

List of QBs you've unequivocally said were better than Dak:
Wentz
Cooper Rush
Daniel Jones

I guess where have you moved your goalposts to at this point with regards to Dak?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lol you do not praise him when he plays well. Get outta here.

But also we need to keep you honest.

List of QBs you've unequivocally said were better than Dak:
Wentz
Cooper Rush
Daniel Jones

I guess where have you moved your goalposts to at this point with regards to Dak?
Willie has said Dak is playing great right now, but yeah I'm not sure he believes Dak will keep it up but give him credit for the moment.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak grew up struggling, lost his mom to cancer in college and then his brother took his own life.

I dont believe you can go through those things, perform at a high level and not be mentally strong. He's absolutely granite.
The way he responds to criticism leads me to believe otherwise. The way he responded to Rush going on a win streak was not indicative of mental toughness either. The way he has responded since the San Fran game however shows a good deal of toughness.

MS17

Reaction score

I follow this thinking. Pretty astute.
Dakota has had his struggles, the injuries, the family tragedies, etc. ( lots of us have our own personal "demons"). No doubt, he has the athleticism. Difference this year is we're watching his maturation and confidence grow with a new play caller. Go get 'em, Dak.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I follow this thinking. Pretty astute.
Dakota has had his struggles, the injuries, the family tragedies, etc. ( lots of us have our own personal "demons"). No doubt, he has the athleticism. Difference this year is we're watching his maturation and confidence grow with a new play caller. Go get 'em, Dak.
This MM dserves ALOT of credit for being fluid with his scheme and making IT fit what our players do best..you see it all over the offense, he is using players in great ways.

SackMaster

Reaction score
As long as he's the starting QB, I'm a Dak Supporter.
Exactly.

Most of the time, Dak's play is fine. Sometimes I'm very disappointed in his play. And sometimes he is amazing and looks like one of the best in the NFL.

Are there better QBs out there? Sure.
But it's a LOT less than what some people think there is. He is one of the Top 10 or less in the world at playing QB at the NFL level.

Guys like Allen LOOK like they are better, but when he leads the NFL in turnovers every year in they have been in the NFL, simply part, he's not. He SHOULD be, because he has elite talent. But it seems like something is holding him back.

In conclusion, I pretty much feel the same for Dak as I did for Romo. I BELIEVE they can win, but they need to PROVE they can win.

Romo ultimately didn't in his time in Dallas. Some his fault, mostly not his fault. Dak still has time, so hopefully he AND THE TEAM can pull it off at least once.

JMHO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I mean

Bad:
32.4 QBR

Average:
53.1 QBR

Good - Great:
Tampa 96.8
Seattle 72.5
Rams 84.4
GB 73.6

I guess it would be up to you to prove that you're not in the wrong.
stats,,, lol
I'm comfortable leaving the statement as is for those reading, they can make their own judgement based on what they've witnessed.

starman22

Reaction score
People do though let’s don’t be naive.
You know, I didn't really believe that until this year, but it is pretty obvious that there are a few (it really is a very, very small percentage of "fans") that do wish him to fail. I just can't imagine watching the game just played against the Eagles and hoping Dak does something to cost us the game just so I could get on this board and talk some ish about him.

It's kinda pathetic and I think a few of the original diehards are coming around. Definitely not all, but some.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m a big Dak fan!!! Romo is my favorite Staubach second and Dak third
If Dak stays consistently at this level well into the playoffs, he goes ahead of tony for me......it would be the EVIDENCE I need to change my opinion of him

I absolutely love his consistency right now and pray it continues so we can finally be relevant

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You know, I didn't really believe that until this year, but it is pretty obvious that there are a few (it really is a very, very small percentage of "fans") that do wish him to fail. I just can't imagine watching the game just played against the Eagles and hoping Dak does something to cost us the game just so I could get on this board and talk some ish about him.

It's kinda pathetic and I think a few of the original diehards are coming around. Definitely not all, but some.
I dont think the ones in the very very small % are actual Cowboys fans, as you can see they are not here during a great win week for "Their" team.