Are You For Dak’s New Contract?

Flamma

Reaction score
Prescott will be paid substantially more than Bonilla ever was and he won’t have to wait 25 years to get it all. I’m sure all NFL owners wish they did not have to devote so much of the salary cap to any one player. Some team’s owners will pay Dak if Jerry Jones prefers not to. What is crazier than what Prescott gets paid will be Tua and Trevor getting even more before they’ve accomplished as much Dak has.
Teams pay quarterbacks for being competent. That's it. If they're great, all the better. Did you watch Thursday night football? Did you see the comedy act under center for each team? Teams don't care if they accomplished anything or will ever accomplish anything. They just don't want what we saw on Thursday night under center. They'll pay a lot for that.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Teams pay quarterbacks for being competent. That's it. If they're great, all the better. Did you watch Thursday night football? Did you see the comedy act under center for each team? Teams don't care if they accomplished anything or will ever accomplish anything. They just don't want what we saw on Thursday night under center. They'll pay a lot for that.
I get it. And comparatively Dak deserves significant compensation. He’s going to get a huge deal and I have no issue with it. And to avoid what we were treated to on TNF I can understand owners anxiety. There is not going to be a team friendly discount. There is not going to be a take it or leave it offer because the Cowboys have Trey Lance. It’s going to be the largest contract in NFL history, probably not for long when lesser quarterbacks get paid even more.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure it is! He wins games and is fun to watch.
You couldn't be more wrong. I can think of at least 20-30 reason in less than 10 seconds why I would go a Cowboys game before Dak would even enter my brain.

I would go to a game and overpay for concessions before I would go to a game to see Dak.

He is getting more fun to watch but we have been playing soft teams lately.

Flamma

Reaction score
I get it. And comparatively Dak deserves significant compensation. He’s going to get a huge deal and I have no issue with it. And to avoid what we were treated to on TNF I can understand owners anxiety. There is not going to be a team friendly discount. There is not going to be a take it or leave it offer because the Cowboys have Trey Lance. It’s going to be the largest contract in NFL history, probably not for long when lesser quarterbacks get paid even more.
Look, there is another route for a QB, and I've mentioned it before. Offer Dak linebacker money, if he don't like it, this is where Lance comes in. Lance will start and play the entire 2024 season. Dallas will earn the #1 overall pick in 2025. Then we'll get our QB.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, a plan is better than no plan. A good GM looks a few years down the road. Arch was at or near the top off prospects in the country. Early scouting reports say he has all the tools, not to mention the family name. He could have gone to any school he wanted.

If he develops into an early first round pick, I would get him(a Manning) into the building, whatever it takes. I know he has at least three years to get there but I would watch him closely. Romo to Dak to Arch……
You can't plan 3 years in advance for a QB that has never even started a game at the college level. Arch is someone to keep an eye on, like all highly rated high school players as they make their way through college, but the unknowns at this point with both where things will sit with Arch and the team 3 years from now are are overwhelmingly contrary to being able to call this a plan.

Hadenough

Reaction score
You can't plan 3 years in advance for a QB that has never even started a game at the college level. Arch is someone to keep an eye on, like all highly rated high school players as they make their way through college, but the unknowns at this point with both where things will sit with Arch and the team 3 years from now are are overwhelmingly contrary to being able to call this a plan.
They started talking about LeBron James and pro players started letting him practice with them in the off season. That's how he passed up college and went straight to the NBA. I get it though Arch has to play in college but it's never too soon to start looking hard at these kids.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They started talking about LeBron James and pro players started letting him practice with them in the off season. That's how he passed up college and went straight to the NBA. I get it though Arch has to play in college but it's never too soon to start looking hard at these kids.
LeBron was going to be drafted straight out of high school, so that's a very different situation.