Are You For Dak’s New Contract?

kskboys

Reaction score
I mean when the alternative is a QB who will have had 1 year of starting experience since High School and not have played more than 2 full games in 5 years then yes. Again remember that Trey Lance lost out a backup job to Sam Darnold. Darnold is not one of the 30 best QBs in football. There is no one right now arguing Dak is not top 10 (many would say top 5 considering MVP race). That is a massive dropoff that makes the team go from contender to borderline playoff team.
I don't trust Dak, but even I know that Trey is a bust and hasn't shown any signs of being an NFL QB.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if I am for it or not, he is going to be the highest-paid QB in the league this offseason.

kskboys

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if I am for it or not, he is going to be the highest-paid QB in the league this offseason.
That's the way I feel. That's why I argue very little about Dak being worth what he is about to get paid. I only hope that this time he's amenable to a more team friendly contract so we can keep pieces around him. Lamb and Parsons, of course, but there are also many other players we're going to have to pay if we want any shot at a super bowl. Maybe we can Bobby Bonilla him!!!!!! For those of you who aren't familiar w/ the Bonilla contract, Bobby last played in 1999. Since then, he has received yearly payments of 1.19 mil. These payments will continue until 2035.

Amazing stuff!!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
Here's the deal. Dak is getting a massive contract regardless how the season ends. Why? Are we seeing the QBs currently in this league? They suck!!! Awful. Did we not just watch Thursday night football? Neither QB was as good as Cooper rush. In just a couple years Dak has gone from a good QB to a premium QB without having to do anything. Look at the rest of the league and their QBs. With injuries he has to be top 3-5. They have to pay him. Will he care that others might not be paid? I don't think so. Players don't care about championships, they care about money. Minus Brady.

conner01

Reaction score
Here's the deal. Dak is getting a massive contract regardless how the season ends. Why? Are we seeing the QBs currently in this league? They suck!!! Awful. Did we not just watch Thursday night football? Neither QB was as good as Cooper rush. In just a couple years Dak has gone from a good QB to a premium QB without having to do anything. Look at the rest of the league and their QBs. With injuries he has to be top 3-5. They have to pay him. Will he care that others might not be paid? I don't think so. Players don't care about championships, they care about money. Minus Brady.
Whether you think Dak is top 10 or top 5 doesn’t really matter. He’s the best QB we have a shot at for the next few years either way. So you have no choice but extend him. There is no option to going and getting his replacement at this point. You can’t trade up because the picks it would cost would gut your draft for a couple seasons and you need those picks to offset the cost of guys like Micah, lamb and such. You keep Dak or blow it all up, and I don’t see any option other than those

Flamma

Reaction score
Whether you think Dak is top 10 or top 5 doesn’t really matter. He’s the best QB we have a shot at for the next few years either way. So you have no choice but extend him. There is no option to going and getting his replacement at this point. You can’t trade up because the picks it would cost would gut your draft for a couple seasons and you need those picks to offset the cost of guys like Micah, lamb and such. You keep Dak or blow it all up, and I don’t see any option other than those
Yeah no ****.

kskboys

Reaction score
You assume it’s his fault if we don’t advance?
If he lays an egg as he did last year against SF, it is absolutely on him. It all depends on whether he shows up or not. If he blasts the other team out, but we lose 45-42, then that isn't on him, no.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
"We have a defense that we like and an offense that is doing great...how do i screw this up..I know lets cut the QB and do some QB draft gambling.." jesus ...ooh and then there is the fact he was always getting extended from this contract setup..the fact he is in the MVP race just makes some here look even more crazy....

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No way Jerry drops another 160 million on QB who has been to 1 Pro Bowl since 2016.

He’s gonna cut bait.

We got options.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
"We have a defense that we like and an offense that is doing great...how do i screw this up..I know lets cut the QB and do some QB draft gambling.." jesus ...ooh and then there is the fact he was always getting extended from this contract setup..the fact he is in the MVP race just makes some here look even more crazy....
Dak screwed up any MVP chances with that Niners game.

MVPs don’t play like that.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That's the way I feel. That's why I argue very little about Dak being worth what he is about to get paid. I only hope that this time he's amenable to a more team friendly contract so we can keep pieces around him. Lamb and Parsons, of course, but there are also many other players we're going to have to pay if we want any shot at a super bowl. Maybe we can Bobby Bonilla him!!!!!! For those of you who aren't familiar w/ the Bonilla contract, Bobby last played in 1999. Since then, he has received yearly payments of 1.19 mil. These payments will continue until 2035.

Amazing stuff!!!!
Prescott will be paid substantially more than Bonilla ever was and he won’t have to wait 25 years to get it all. I’m sure all NFL owners wish they did not have to devote so much of the salary cap to any one player. Some team’s owners will pay Dak if Jerry Jones prefers not to. What is crazier than what Prescott gets paid will be Tua and Trevor getting even more before they’ve accomplished as much Dak has.

Flamma

Reaction score
No way Jerry drops another 160 million on QB who has been to 1 Pro Bowl since 2016.

He’s gonna cut bait.

We got options.
He's not going to drop 160M. He's going to drop over 200M on him. The only way they cut Dak and start Trey Lance next year, is if they want the #1 overall pick the following year. To pick a QB. I guess that's a plan.

kskboys

Reaction score
Prescott will be paid substantially more than Bonilla ever was and he won’t have to wait 25 years to get it all. I’m sure all NFL owners wish they did not have to devote so much of the salary cap to any one player. Some team’s owners will pay Dak if Jerry Jones prefers not to. What is crazier than what Prescott gets paid will be Tua and Trevor getting even more before they’ve accomplished as much Dak has.
I'm not understanding how you're comparing the amount of pay of Dak vs Bonilla. I think you missed the point.