Are You For Dak’s New Contract?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let the season play out but I have a feeling it’s inevitable. IF he signs an extension, I am kind of hoping Arch Manning will take his place when the contract is done. Assuming Arch shows the same pedigree as his uncle’s……it’s in the blood. This would be perfect timing and Dallas would have to move up to get him if he is projected in the top three QB’s. He has all the tools to become a franchise QB.

See, at least I have a plan but maybe the Joneses don’t agree :muttley:

CWR

Reaction score
Let him finish the season, but the way he's playing it's going to be extremely difficult to not re-sign him. I have no reason to think he's going to fall apart.

Kwyn

Reaction score
They could hope to land a high end QB also. It’s not like Cincinnati was some powerhouse before Burrow. Some of you are too addicted to being a bridesmaid to the point it’s between bridesmaid or dysfunctional prostitute. The fact that Purdy is playing as well as he is proves teams must establish high end lines of scrimmage and they can make do with okay talent.
What pick was Joe Burrow? Do we have one of those?

pansophy

Reaction score
When he has weapons we have had a top 5 offense for several years. Fans seem to think that we need a HOFer to win at QB, but QBs often become HOFers because they are on teams good enough to win the Super Bowl.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Depends how this season finishes. Minimum of a NFCCG appearance for me. Another 1 and done isn't acceptable.
They're not going to not pay him because he loss in the playoffs that's idiotic!! They're looking at what he's done with this hot streak and they'll pay him accordingly as usual

plymkr

Reaction score
Depends how this season finishes. Minimum of a NFCCG appearance for me. Another 1 and done isn't acceptable.
That’s how I feel. If he plays like this in January then yes. If his evil twin brother re-emerges then absolutely not. If he continues his level his play since the bye then definitely yes. Also depending on the contract. If he becomes the highest paid player in NFL history then no.

So yes if he continues this play and the contract is fair to both sides.

So no if he struggles in the playoffs and wants a history setting contract.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Depends on who we get matched up with. We just watched the 49ers blowout the #1 seed eagles. We are not a better team than them. If we win wildcard and then unfortunately get matched up with niners in divisional then I can’t blame him for losing against that star studded team. Especially if they run through us and Philly both on the way to the superbowl
Losing to a better team and playing poorly are two separate things. There's a track record of poor performances we're all hoping doesn't repeat itself with Dak. I actually think he's crossed over this year... though that's what I thought last year. If they lose but he plays well I'd consider that a positive step forward. Pay the man and start working on your OL like you shoulda done this off-season.

GMO415

Reaction score
$60 million annually and no SB to show for it? F no!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The hundredth thread of about a thousand until Dak extends his contract. Baring injury Dak is playing to well to not get an extension. He is arguably the best quarterback in the NFL now. The Cowboys won’t cut him or let him play with $60 million cap charge.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Depends on who we get matched up with. We just watched the 49ers blowout the #1 seed eagles. We are not a better team than them. If we win wildcard and then unfortunately get matched up with niners in divisional then I can’t blame him for losing against that star studded team. Especially if they run through us and Philly both on the way to the superbowl
Why would dak be responsible for how far we go?
He is one of 53 players.
If we lose in the playoffs and he plays well,I am cool with him.

Blitzen

Reaction score
What pick was Joe Burrow? Do we have one of those?
Yeah-Cincinnati did not have a number one overall pick the years prior to getting it that year. Mahomes was drafted 10th overall.

Sometimes, a team must take big risks to make big improvements. Purdy was the last pick of the draft and looks better than Jimmy G ever did with SF. QB’s are not as important as many think they are. Build the team on the lines of scrimmage and find a competent QB that takes the easy money plays and avoids stupid mistakes. Teams don’t have to pay top dollar in those situations. Detroit looks waaaay better because their offensive line is so dominant-not because Goff is becoming a superstar.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It depends on the rest of the season. Will he be part of the solution or part of the problem?

coult44

Reaction score
Dak is turning out to be just as good as businessman as Jerry. And he’s peaking at the perfect time for his new deal. As long as he’s playing like he is now, absolutely!!!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I am for winning a Superbowl. If they do that they can sign him to whatever conditions they want. If it's an early out in the play offs once again please let him go.

So for me personally right now it's too early to answer that question. This ain't contract time but "concentrate on the next game and nothing else" time.

Swagger

Reaction score
He will be resigned regardless so there isn't really much point in discussing it.

Would I resign him? If the team reach the Superbowl then yes, but if not then no, as well as he has played since the 49ers game, this team is absolutely loaded and the opposition has largely been poor so he has performed like a franchise QB should do in those games.

But with the Eagles looking so vulnerable on defense, the Lions lacking the quality and depth in the trenches at this point in their development, only the 49ers stand in the way of a Superbowl appearance and if this team with Prescott at QB fail for a third consecutive season against the same team then...wouldn't that just be doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results?