Are You For Dak’s New Contract?

blueblood70

Reaction score
So there is talk of extending and giving Dak a new contract. Are you for this or against this?
Why didn't you think fans opinions matter there's already one of these things up at the top have you noticed it says are you approve of DAC or disapprove it seems to change weekly so why don't you just go there because right now we have no control of any contracts

the question should be if we don't sign Prescott are you prepared to be bad for the next five years maybe a decade we don't know it's a crapshoot I'm finding another quarterback but why pay CD lamb Parsons or anybody else on this team if you're just gonna slam the window shut and get rid of your top ten quarterbacks who's playing top three right now and some say number one in the league so yeah let's get rid of him because of money that has nothing to do with the fan base...

Whatever the team decides I'll have to accept it and I'll be on board with it because we have no choice as fans but right now Prescott playing some of his best football and I don't care what happens in the playoffs he can't be judged by that he constantly puts this team now what is his third straight year in the playoffs and double digit win something that happened hasn't happened since the 90s... I mean how often has Prescott been in the playoffs when he's been healthy and standing tall I believe it's gonna go on 6 of his eight years as a starter..

Yes please get rid of this guy and let's start over..... Because we know that a draft pick or paying for another quarterback to come over here like say Baker Mayfield it's just gonna solve all our problems we're going right to the Super bowl folks get rid of your one of your best players and that is the key to success....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I will wait until the off season to be concerned over any contract for any player.
I'll wait to never be concerned about a contract because fans have no control over the roster or how much they pay we literally should be discussing execution and games he discussed the game before and after discussed the season how it went or it didn't but everyone getting involved on who should be paid who should not be paid who's under overperforming do the contract needs to look around the league winning in the playoffs and winning Super Bowl is not part of a reason why players get paid.. Because why is it just the quarterback there are a lot of guys that get giant contracts to play defensive end in cornering on bad teams how come they're not look at as mistakes are being paid because they're not the reason they're getting to Super Bowls or not getting to Super Bowls...

The hypocrisy putting it all on a quarterback in a team sport is ridiculous there are a lot of reasons we've lost games over the last 27 years in the playoffs and it's typically wasn't the quarterback.... Too many moving pieces I'll leave it up to the front office to figure out who's worthy and who's not and then we'll just watch the games...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Depends if we can get to the NFC Conference Championship or Superbowl, otherwise not really.
Really well then show me why any other player on this team deserves any big contracts cut them all how about all the other teams that have quarterbacks that make $50 million that have won a lot less than Prescott how about all the other positions on all the other teams that are on losing teams that are making Max contracts if that were deciding factor on whether to pay players or not they'll be very little maximum market contracts being handed out at any position....

This is and has never been part of the decision to pay a player or not seems to be the quarterback gets that title hung on them but that is not how it works and fans need to understand this this is not how it works they get paid on how they carry themselves as individuals on the field because that's how corners and safeties defensive ends tackles offensive lineman they all get paid I mean why did turn steel Zach Martin and others get paid on this offensive line and they've never won squat?? Didn't Trayvon diggs just get a giant market contract what exactly has he done in the playoffs to elevate this team to get that contract? So a player that handles the ball that's always in the top five to top ten in stats is leading the team to the playoffs in what six out of his eight years in the league has no losing seasons when he's healthy somehow he doesn't deserve the contract but all these other individuals and I thought you think CD land Michael Parsons and some of these other guys that are up for deals should get paid but the quarterback should not??

Yes the quarterback makes the most money but they also handle the ball and take all the criticism from fans and the expectations and the pressure that they have on them is why they get paid but it's never ever been part of a reason to consider paying them or not because it's not for any other position there are guys in the Hall of Fame that's never won a single thing and Gale Sayers comes to mind because he never even had the stats to get in yet they put his *** in the Hall of Fame... If individuals can get Max contract at every other position and they could be voted into the Pro Bowl in the Hall of Fame then the quarterback should not be any different..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep I wish id bookmarked the post ( either by @Bobhaze or @RonnieT24 , sorry cant remember which), that mentioned that he hoped Dak would take a Brady (esqe) contract that whilst being paid also gave consideration to Dallas winning.

If Dak insists on a short term high AAV contract (so he can hit FA again) then the Hit and the outstanding $61m in CAP Bonus payments will kill the ability to give him/us the necessary weapons.
Yup it's all about the details. I didn't like his current contract, too high aav with no way out and 2 dead years built in already. No point in keeping Dak if they can't/ won't build around him due to few cap dollars.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Really well then show me why any other player on this team deserves any big contracts cut them all how about all the other teams that have quarterbacks that make $50 million that have won a lot less than Prescott how about all the other positions on all the other teams that are on losing teams that are making Max contracts if that were deciding factor on whether to pay players or not they'll be very little maximum market contracts being handed out at any position....

This is and has never been part of the decision to pay a player or not seems to be the quarterback gets that title hung on them but that is not how it works and fans need to understand this this is not how it works they get paid on how they carry themselves as individuals on the field because that's how corners and safeties defensive ends tackles offensive lineman they all get paid I mean why did turn steel Zach Martin and others get paid on this offensive line and they've never won squat?? Didn't Trayvon diggs just get a giant market contract what exactly has he done in the playoffs to elevate this team to get that contract? So a player that handles the ball that's always in the top five to top ten in stats is leading the team to the playoffs in what six out of his eight years in the league has no losing seasons when he's healthy somehow he doesn't deserve the contract but all these other individuals and I thought you think CD land Michael Parsons and some of these other guys that are up for deals should get paid but the quarterback should not??

Yes the quarterback makes the most money but they also handle the ball and take all the criticism from fans and the expectations and the pressure that they have on them is why they get paid but it's never ever been part of a reason to consider paying them or not because it's not for any other position there are guys in the Hall of Fame that's never won a single thing and Gale Sayers comes to mind because he never even had the stats to get in yet they put his *** in the Hall of Fame... If individuals can get Max contract at every other position and they could be voted into the Pro Bowl in the Hall of Fame then the quarterback should not be any different..
A lot of words from someone criticising the thread.

Brax

Reaction score
So there is talk of extending and giving Dak a new contract. Are you for this or against this?
He could lose the rest of the games this year and get injured and Jerry will extend him the only question is for how much. Playing great against the crap teams is good for Jerry’s bottom line and all that matters. Another playoff failure I would not resign him but it’s not debatable as Jerry will do it regardless of results before the new league year.

Sydla

Reaction score
I mean if he finishes the season playing like this, how can you not resign him?

But it's going to be iffy if he hits a rough patch, like he has before, especially in the playoffs, for me to justify handing him what might be the largest QB extension in football history.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let the season play out but I have a feeling it’s inevitable. IF he signs an extension, I am kind of hoping Arch Manning will take his place when the contract is done. Assuming Arch shows the same pedigree as his uncle’s……it’s in the blood. This would be perfect timing and Dallas would have to move up to get him if he is projected in the top three QB’s. He has all the tools to become a franchise QB.

See, at least I have a plan but maybe the Joneses don’t agree :muttley:
We may want to see if Arch becomes a top college QB first

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would sign Micah and CeeDee first and see what we have left over.

Dak has been playing lights out since the 49'ers game, as we all know. Problem is that Dak has a history of bi-polar play.

For those that say we have to resign because of his 60 million dollar cap hit next year, well what do you think he will be asking for going forward? I would say at least 60 million/year. If you backload the contract we could hit a year where his cap hit is 80 or 90 million. Not Dak's fault, but the market for QB's to high.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We may want to see if Arch becomes a top college QB first
right I'm a Longhorn fan and I haven't seen anything from manning yet if anything they kept him on the sidelines all year and now with Quinn yours coming back they're gonna have to battle let's see if manning even wins the position.... I do think manning has more upside but he hasn't done squat in college let alone to be mentioned in any NFL career hopes....

I mean I can see more of it might happen with Sanders you know the quarterback at Colorado primetime son he's going to be entering the NFL you never know...:)

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep I wish id bookmarked the post ( either by @Bobhaze or @RonnieT24 , sorry cant remember which), that mentioned that he hoped Dak would take a Brady (esqe) contract that whilst being paid also gave consideration to Dallas winning.

If Dak insists on a short term high AAV contract (so he can hit FA again) then the Hit and the outstanding $61m in CAP Bonus payments will kill the ability to give him/us the necessary weapons.
I never said anything about Dak getting some kind of “Tom Brady” team friendly contract for several reasons.

1. Brady’s last two contracts were extremely mischaracterized in their “team friendliness.“
2. I firmly believe Dak (and any other NFL player) should get paid what the market dictates, not what fans think they are worth. I side with the player almost 100% of the time they are getting paid because they are the THE centerpiece of the game, not the owners.
3. Most people saying a player should take a “team friendly” contract do not seem to understand how the cap works and how it can be manipulated through savvy management.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yup it's all about the details. I didn't like his current contract, too high aav with no way out and 2 dead years built in already. No point in keeping Dak if they can't/ won't build around him due to few cap dollars.
What would that then we shouldn't pay CD Lamb, Micah Parsons or anyone else for that matter

because they all are taking up money in the salary cap and none of them has LED us to a Super Bowl either and all their contracts can affect whether we can build the rest of the team and without a good quarterback I don't care who's playing we see it with the Browns they have a great defense a really good running game and pretty good offensive line but they spent years hovering around 500 because they can't find a quarterback it's happens all over the league I don't care how good the rest of your team is look at who went down Brock Purdy they lost their quarterback did the rest of that big Time Team win against the Eagles and the NFC championship game no they did not the quarterback is the most important position on the field you have to have that first before you can fill the rest of the positions...

John813

Reaction score
I would sign Micah and CeeDee first and see what we have left over.

Dak has been playing lights out since the 49'ers game, as we all know. Problem is that Dak has a history of bi-polar play.

For those that say we have to resign because of his 60 million dollar cap hit next year, well what do you think he will be asking for going forward? I would say at least 60 million/year. If you backload the contract we could hit a year where his cap hit is 80 or 90 million. Not Dak's fault, but the market for QB's to high.
Unless there's a major recession by the time his contract bloats to 80mil, that may be the going rate for Quarterbacks. The NFL is like the Fed reserve, printing money out of thin air.

AAV is just a number. It's far better to have a smaller cap hit now and worry about a higher cap hit later. By the time the contract bloats that high, the dead cap is usually way less than the cap hit. Eventually, there will be a time they will eat a 5 figure dead cap hit with Dak. But, Jerry is in his 80s. The team is "built" for a shot at the dance. They won't hurt their short term chances unless Dak just decides not to re-sign.

CWR

Reaction score
They're not going to not pay him because he loss in the playoffs that's idiotic!! They're looking at what he's done with this hot streak and they'll pay him accordingly as usual
The only way they don't extend him is him imploding to finish the season and in the playoffs COMBINED with his not agreeing to what they decide is a reasonable deal. Then it will be up to Lance and a pick to compete. That's imo why they traded for him, to hedge their bets.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll wait to never be concerned about a contract because fans have no control over the roster or how much they pay we literally should be discussing execution and games he discussed the game before and after discussed the season how it went or it didn't but everyone getting involved on who should be paid who should not be paid who's under overperforming do the contract needs to look around the league winning in the playoffs and winning Super Bowl is not part of a reason why players get paid.. Because why is it just the quarterback there are a lot of guys that get giant contracts to play defensive end in cornering on bad teams how come they're not look at as mistakes are being paid because they're not the reason they're getting to Super Bowls or not getting to Super Bowls...

The hypocrisy putting it all on a quarterback in a team sport is ridiculous there are a lot of reasons we've lost games over the last 27 years in the playoffs and it's typically wasn't the quarterback.... Too many moving pieces I'll leave it up to the front office to figure out who's worthy and who's not and then we'll just watch the games...
Right.
I have posted many times before, I do not get into the salary cap issues. Because they always work themselves out.
When I say not concerned. I don't really mean I will be actually concerned.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right.
I have posted many times before, I do not get into the salary cap issues. Because they always work themselves out.
When I say not concerned. I don't really mean I will be actually concerned.
All of the GMs winning SBs the last few years seem completely unflappable about the cap. Why? Two reasons:

1. Good FO leaders understand how to manipulate the cap in multiple ways. When Stephen Jones talks about cap limitations, Brett Veach, Howie Roseman and John Lynch say, “Hold my beer”.
2. If your team is a serious contender in the present, tomorrow is less important as today. If you’re more worried about the cap in the future than winning a SB NOW, you probably won’t win a SB now.

Jipper

Reaction score
Can’t answer that question until the season plays out

But it doesn’t matter, dak is a tenish qb that plays up or down depending on points in his career and who he’s playing against.

I have zero control at this point as a fan so just trying to be at peace and hope he plays lights out