Are You For Dak’s New Contract?

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Depends if we can get to the NFC Conference Championship or Superbowl, otherwise not really.

starfan1

Reaction score
Lock him up Jerry! IDGAF bout the cap but Dak has made bank once and a team friendly deal would be to his benefit
Signing Micah and CeeDee shouldn’t be an issue with cap going up
The cowboys need to shore up trenches on both sides but especially at center
Mazi is not showing just yet that he’s going to be whatever hoped but there’s still time

Dak is a top 10 qb we can win with and they don’t grow on trees

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I say yes. As long as Dak is marketable on and off the field, it means more money for Jerry.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I would say no, we know how the story ends each year. That said he’s likely going to be extended, regardless of anything we say

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
How can we honestly answer this untill we know the details?
Yep I wish id bookmarked the post ( either by @Bobhaze or @RonnieT24 , sorry cant remember which), that mentioned that he hoped Dak would take a Brady (esqe) contract that whilst being paid also gave consideration to Dallas winning.

If Dak insists on a short term high AAV contract (so he can hit FA again) then the Hit and the outstanding $61m in CAP Bonus payments will kill the ability to give him/us the necessary weapons.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So far it’s proven you can’t pay Dak and win championships.

His level of play recently though has changed bigtime.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Depends on who we get matched up with. We just watched the 49ers blowout the #1 seed eagles. We are not a better team than them. If we win wildcard and then unfortunately get matched up with niners in divisional then I can’t blame him for losing against that star studded team. Especially if they run through us and Philly both on the way to the super bowl
I have no problem blaming him for not being able to beat the 9ers. If you want top pay and want to prove to everyone that you not only deserve it and want to be in the discussions for MVP, you find a way to beat them. End of story.

No excuses.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
They're not going to not pay him because he loss in the playoffs that's idiotic!! They're looking at what he's done with this hot streak and they'll pay him accordingly as usual
You don't give someone top pay because he was able to beat up on terrible teams over a 1 month period. I know that's exactly what Jerry will do, and if he does they will deserve to go through another 10 years of nothing.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Do it as soon as possible. The price is only going to increase. I am hoping they, at least, learned this from the last time.

However, I'm hoping for a short one, three years extension if possible.
Adding the $61m bonus arrears and the existing salary for 2024 ($34m, I'm sure France will want factored in), a three year extension doesn't give us the necessary cheaper years.
If we extend, it'll need to be a longer contract, which will allow us to kick the can.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Depends on who we get matched up with. We just watched the 49ers blowout the #1 seed eagles. We are not a better team than them. If we win wildcard and then unfortunately get matched up with niners in divisional then I can’t blame him for losing against that star studded team. Especially if they run through us and Philly both on the way to the superbowl
Yep, the performance is more important than the result. That's the disappointment with the two play-off loses to the 9ers, not the defeat, but that we/he doesn't appear to have that ice cold winning mentality (which came out again in this years Eagles loss).

shabazz

Reaction score
Depends how this season finishes. Minimum of a NFCCG appearance for me. Another 1 and done isn't acceptable.
He'll be able to get an easy playoff win against the NFC south winner like last year but then he will face a REAL playoff team after that........that's where he will make his case for a new fat contract

MyFairLady

Reaction score
We have to extend him. His cap hit is too high next year
Agreed. If you are sticking with Dak extend him now. Push the cap hit as far as possible. Go all in. Resign key guys like Lamb and Parsons and Bland. Find a few more good vets like Cooks and Gilmore. Go all in like we are now. No point in trying to sign him and tread water.

Flamma

Reaction score
So there is talk of extending and giving Dak a new contract. Are you for this or against this?
I'm for it as long as we're contenders. But if we lose an away game in the divisional round to a better team, it won't change my opinion. That's what usually happens. A lot of these QBs that win SBs are odds on favorites to win. How many of these super bowl winning QBs taking underdogs to the promise land? If Jerry is going to pay Dak, it's on him to build the better team.